Predictions for 2006 offseason?

Sperm Edwards

now that TB is gone & "his" players don't hold the same weight

mine (the major ones):

1. Abe is franchised & traded for either Rivers or the best draft pick we can.
  2. Chad agrees to postpone his roster bonus until an assessment can be made on his shoulder otherwise he's released. Either way he's not getting another $3M from the Jets before we know if he can ever play again.
  3. We're definitely trading down from #4. No way in a rebuilding year with cap issues we give a rookie a $20-25M SB.
  4. Gone: (Chad, Abe), Law, Fabini, Fiedler, Martin (maybe)

mine (the major ones):

2. Chad agrees to postpone his roster bonus until an assessment can be made on his shoulder otherwise he's released. Either way he's not getting another $3M from the Jets before we know if he can ever play again.
  3. We're definitely trading down from #4. No way in a rebuilding year with cap issues we give a rookie a $20-25M SB.

I can't argue any of that. It's all very possible.

mine (the major ones):

i say it is a rebuild year, the cuts should and will happen

jests will take Brick at 4 and get Shaub for rd2

With Bradway out as GM, I can afford some ill moves such as trading day 1 pick for young and promising player.... however, I personally rather not.

What players I want to see to be gone... Pennington, Blaylock, Fabini and Barrett.

What players I love to bring in... QB Gray of Jax, DT Kemoeatu of Ravens, CB/KOR Fair of Rams, and OG Fonoti of Vikings.

This ought to be a good start.

Jets should try to get Schaub for 3rd rounder so they can get Ngata and Colledge for first 2 rounders.. It would be even better... Do you agree?

Dude, the Falcons started off wanting a 1st round pick for Schaub.

Now they are asking for a 2nd.

What makes you think they'll accept a 3rd rounder from the Jets?

Actually TX it's not that crazy.

They want a 1st-rounder - no takers.

They want a 2nd-rounder - no takers.

Jets have a high 3rd-rounder - not crazy, particularly if we throw in a high 5th or 6th. I'd do that in a heartbeat - Schaub & still retain the #4 and #35 picks? Screw the late-rounder. Is Schaub "the answer"? Who knows. He can certainly play in the nfl though & that's worth a 3rd & a 5th to me.

I think nothing.... I just try for a dirty deal for fun... I believe it is all depending on free agent movements. For example, if they lost LT Schaffer then they would traded Schaub away for 2nd rounder to take LT Colledge.

Just hope Jets know what they are doing.

Jets have a high 3rd-rounder - not crazy, particularly if we throw in a high 5th or 6th. I'd do that in a heartbeat - Schaub & still retain the #4 and #35 picks? Screw the late-rounder. Is Schaub "the answer"? Who knows. He can certainly play in the nfl though & that's worth a 3rd & a 5th to me.

Spermy, keep in mind the Bengals also have a very high interest in Schaub because of the Palmer situation.

And I tend to agree with you, that a 3rd and a high 5th would probably get it done.

That is not funny if Texans offer one of thier first 2 selections in 3rd round for Schaub and then Texans trade Carr to Dolphins for R. Williams.

That is not funny if Texans offer one of thier first 2 selections in 3rd round for Schaub and then Texans traded Carr to Dolphins for R. Williams.

Dude, why would the Texans do that?

They have the #1 pick in the entire draft.

If they wanted a QB so bad they would use it to take Leinart or Young.

According to Shrimp Clayton, Abe will be the most sought-after defensive end since Jevon Kearse hit the market a couple years ago.

If that's the case, his value will not be any higher. Franchise him and trade him, and not for Phillip Rivers, who has proven no more than Cutler, Young, or Lineart. Trade him for a top twenty pick. That gives the Jets the option to either get Gabe Watson to plunk down next to Robertson or to draft Kiwanuka to replace Abe as our one-dimensional pass rushing end.

Maybe we can just completely ignore the QB position this year, fill in the rest of our holes and get Brady Quinn next year. I think if we let Pennington/Bollinger start all next year, we will be in a good shot to draft him or trade up for him, hehe.

Archived