Jets pattern: not fighting back when losing

RoadFan

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought we were all in this together and no one was better than anyone else.  

joewilly12

You thought wrong.

No, the dividing line isn't money spent or games attended.  The dividing line is stupidity.  Like asking for your new head coach inheriting a 5-11 team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade to be fired after he loses two quarterbacks and opens the year 1-7.  Like not recognizing that this beat-up roster just won 3 of its last 4 games and is 4-4 with its starting quarterback healthy again.

We aren't in this together as long as you keep getting sucked in to the SOJF vortex.  Grow up.  You don't need to be miserable to be happy.  You are better than this.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Im entitled to my opinions just like you are yours. 

The NFL is about winning. 

Im good just angry about not making the playoffs again and the piss poor performance against an 0-11 team. 

joewilly12

Be angry at God.  He's the one who gave us all the injuries while keeping teams with similar talent like the Bills all the health in the world.

God is your issue.  Not Adam Gase.  Not Christopher Johnson.  God.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

You thought wrong.

No, the dividing line isn't money spent or games attended.  The dividing line is stupidity.  Like asking for your new head coach inheriting a 5-11 team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade to be fired after he loses two quarterbacks and opens the year 1-7.  Like not recognizing that this beat-up roster just won 3 of its last 4 games and is 4-4 with its starting quarterback healthy again.

We aren't in this together as long as you keep getting sucked in to the SOJF vortex.  Grow up.  You don't need to be miserable to be happy.  You are better than this.

SAR I

Angry thats all @SAR I  the football I saw on Sunday was the worst it's been in awhile around here. 

As fans we shouldn't be settling for this, we have been promised so much more. 

Watching other teams play is like watching a different game in another world. 

joewilly12 

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Angry thats all @SAR I  the football I saw on Sunday was the worst it's been in awhile around here. 

As fans we shouldn't be settling for this, we have been promised so much more. 

Watching other teams play is like watching a different game in another world. 

joewilly12 

Again, I am as angry as you are.  Hell, I had us at 11-5 and winning the division back in August.  Trust me, I know disappointment this season.

But I also know common sense.  Adam Gase may have cost us two games this season (CIN, MIA) but he also stole us two games this season (DAL, OAK) which is a wash.  And we're 4-4 with our starting quarterback back-  and WITH a ton of injuries, a list too long to type.  That's impressive.  You should be proud of how Gase held it together despite the distractions and the fan stupidity. 

And do not discount the fact that this team rallied behind their coach.  We haven't seen that, ever.  Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, Bowles.....when facing similarly brutal circumstances, those locker rooms imploded and quit on their coaches, they didn't fight for them.  They let them die.  Gase is going to finish the season 5-3 after 1-7.  That's impressive.  You ask me, that's better than Tomlin who is in his 11th year with a roster he built himself and only down a QB, not a whole OL or secondary.

Cheer up.  We are in good hands.

SAR I

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, RoadFan said:

Disclaimer:  I did not watch the Bengals game, but I read the game thread.  I have only watched the Jets play about half of their games this year due to apathy, the Pee-Wee Herman word of the season.

It seems like the Jets were flat and/or things didn't go their way early, fell behind, and had a lousy first half.   So why didn't they come out and play great in the second half?  Instead they collectively decided it's not our day, let's just go through the motions and get to next week?

In fact,  have they showed any balls playing from behind at all this season?  They have certainly had plenty of opportunities.

I was behind the Gase hire.   I am trying to support him through the ups and downs of a bad roster.  But seemingly accepting loss in winnable games before the final whistle is outrageous.

The way the Jets came out playing Sunday, I knew the game was over after the first quarter.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

NO EXCUSES is also something that ignorant, cliché spouting, so-called fans with an anti-ownership bias say because they just feel like sh*tting all over their franchise like they always do.

I am starting to believe you are related to the Kraft family or are on the New England Patriots payroll in some capacity.

SAR I

Come dumpster