Is anyone excited about this defense?

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Had a chance to make a significant dent in the needs last year.  I wanted the Jets to jump on Josh Allen at #3 and then go Center in the 3rd round.

Your list is 100% correct but I'd put OL and WR ahead of anything on D.  TE would be nice but I do think that a healthy Herndon, Griffin (who just got extended) and Wesco (who can block and needs to be used more) are about all we can hope for right now.  TE is much lower on the list for me.  Without knowing who will be there in the Draft when we pick I still know the positional flow I wouldn't mind seeing...

OL, WR, OL, CB, OL, Edge, WR, OL

O come first, No doubt. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I have not seen one post suggesting GW be let go, where are you getting this from? I am mostly reading that GW should be promoted to HC and Gase be let go, which I have no problem with btw.

Read here for example the love of Wade Phillips (whom I too love).... 

But the fact that this was mentioned shows how some feel about Williams...

But no one was promoting Williams anywhere..

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Agree across the board. Losing Adams would hurt but I get it if it’s a first round pick. I’m also gonna optimistically add Williamson for next year too. And hope they can keep Poole.

As we saw what JD was trying to do with Dallas, the starting for a trade for Adams should be a starting Olineman and then we go from there. JD was smart to not just take a draft pick in the 1st and 3rd round both may not be as good even together as Adams is alone. We likely need to keep Adams, Robby, and Bell and just build the Oline through FA and the draft. The 1 more WR, CB and if possible an Edge rusher between FA and the draft and we have a good start. But, we also need to keep building depth in all areas outside of maybe Dline since we are fairly deep there.

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They need at least two corners and a good pass rusher before we can elevate them to top ten. Right now they’re solid. But they did get crushed by Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzmagic so let’s no go overboard. With so many holes on the offense the defense will likely have to forego any major upgrades next season. 

They're #7 in YPG allowed.

I'm excited about this defense for sure.  The irony is that some posters want to tear down the defense to start over again.  They want to trade Adams, not re-sign Maye and Jenkins and cut Poole.  Seriously.  The #7 defense in the league with youngsters all over the field and corners who should not be on NFL rosters should be torn apart to garner draft picks and cap space.  Stupidity.

Sign Yannick and Byron Jones and this D is stop 5.  Heck, they're almost there now!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm excited about this defense for sure.  The irony is that some posters want to tear down the defense to start over again.  They want to trade Adams, not re-sign Maye and Jenkins and cut Poole.  Seriously.  The #7 defense in the league with youngsters all over the field and corners who should not be on NFL rosters should be torn apart to garner draft picks and cap space.  Stupidity.

Sign Yannick and Byron Jones and this D is stop 5.  Heck, they're almost there now!

The defense has really been much better since the 2nd half of the Giants game. That’s when Daryl Roberts, Nate Hairston, and Trumaine Johnson were benched/got injured. 

Unfortunately many Jets fans care more about Darnold stats than the Jets winning games. 

Some of these guys that shined on defense, Hewitt, Bashum, Burgess, Cashman B4 he got injured, even Hairston, Maulet & Bless, can be awesome depth with the addition of top notch starters like Yannick Ngakoue & Byron Jones. Hewitt we know can't cover, but he's great depth & a hard f*cking hitter who can spell guys. CJ Mosely is a beast that can do it all so his return will transform the defense. 

If JD signed Yannick & Byron this offseason the defense could be something special. Now, Bless slips to #2, resign Poole. You keep the best guys out of Hairston, Maulet & Canady for the nickel & dime packages & these guys slipping down to now covering the 3rd, 4th, or 5th WR changes everything. 

I just have this strange feeling that Joe Douglas is going to try to get a veteran LT & draft a LT. Trent Williams? 

And we go 100% Offense in the draft.