Claypool-Notre Dame

HawkeyeJet

For those of you locked into the draft, where is this kid expected to go.  I love his game.  Today is probably the 6th or 7th time watching him.  Huge dude, but fluid with great hands.  He's not fast, so I imagine he won't be a 1st rounder, but don't follow projections like I used to.

Kind of reminds me of Brandon Marshall.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For those of you locked into the draft, where is this kid expected to go.  I love his game.  Today is probably the 6th or 7th time watching him.  Huge dude, but fluid with great hands.  He's not fast, so I imagine he won't be a 1st rounder, but don't follow projections like I used to.

There was a good amount of talk about him in several different threads. I think Paradis started one a couple of years ago.

I personally think he will struggle as a WR at the NFL level and would probably be better off as a HBack/TE type player because of his size and speed ratio. He's definitely an intriguing player though.

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't expect him to go any sooner than the 4th round. But its going to depend a lot on the combine and how he runs. The big plus is his size, the big knock is his lack of speed required to succeed at the next level. But who knows, some team might really like him and take him earlier. He definitely had a good season after a sub par 2018 and he's going to have a number of opportunities to improve his stock. But if you look at the WR prospects available, he's not going in the first 2 rounds and I'd be surprised if any team rolled the dice early in the 3rd.  

listen, I want WRs too - but not in 1st or 2nd... Best OL available - we need it all (1st round), If we dont sign any OL in FA, then id say go back to back for OL unless a stud CB somehow drops to mid round 2 and maybe has off field baggage but originally was like top 10-15 projected. Anything else and I'm not gunna be happy. Not sexy picks - but long ignored positions and we will suck til we have a legit OL.

WRs i do like that could go 3rd round or after from scounting reports I've been reading: 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-draft-antonio-gandy-golden-scouting-report/ (6'4, 220lbs, small school WR) 

I do like Chase Claypool - I'm a big Notre Dame fan and this guy is a great big target. He's not a burner but he can go up and get the ball. Much more of a possession/red zone target. https://nflmocks.com/2019/12/29/2020-nfl-draft-chase-claypool-report/

https://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-draft/2020-nfl-draft/michael-pittman-jr-usc/ (looks really good, will drop because of injury history, but worst a flyer mid rounds for sure)

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

listen, I want WRs too - but not in 1st or 2nd... Best OL available - we need it all (1st round), If we dont sign any OL in FA, then id say go back to back for OL unless a stud CB somehow drops to mid round 2 and maybe has off field baggage but originally was like top 10-15 projected. Anything else and I'm not gunna be happy. Not sexy picks - but long ignored positions and we will suck til we have a legit OL.

WRs i do like that could go 3rd round or after from scounting reports I've been reading: 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-draft-antonio-gandy-golden-scouting-report/ (6'4, 220lbs, small school WR) 

I do like Chase Claypool - I'm a big Notre Dame fan and this guy is a great big target. He's not a burner but he can go up and get the ball. Much more of a possession/red zone target. https://nflmocks.com/2019/12/29/2020-nfl-draft-chase-claypool-report/

https://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-draft/2020-nfl-draft/michael-pittman-jr-usc/ (looks really good, will drop because of injury history, but worst a flyer mid rounds for sure)

With the Jets picking at 11 they are likely to get shutout of the top 3 OTs in the Draft (Thomas, Wills, Wirfs).  The intersection of both need and value at #11 is probably going to be WR.  It's just the way the talent seems to fall in the first half of Round 1.  Personally, if those three OTs are gone and I'm staring at someone like CeeDee Lamb I'm going to take him.  There will likely be OT value at the top of Round 2 with guys like Niang, Becton, Leatherwood, etc.  Guys who are outside that first tier of OTs but are still very, very solid prospects.  I'd actually be praying that either Biadasz or Humphrey fall to the Jets in Round 2 but I think both those guys are gone by the time the Jets are on the clock for the second time.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, jetstream23 said:

With the Jets picking at 11 they are likely to get shutout of the top 3 OTs in the Draft (Thomas, Wills, Wirfs).  The intersection of both need and value at #11 is probably going to be WR.  It's just the way the talent seems to fall in the first half of Round 1.  Personally, if those three OTs are gone and I'm staring at someone like CeeDee Lamb I'm going to take him.  There will likely be OT value at the top of Round 2 with guys like Niang, Becton, Leatherwood, etc.  Guys who are outside that first tier of OTs but are still very, very solid prospects.  I'd actually be praying that either Biadasz or Humphrey fall to the Jets in Round 2 but I think both those guys are gone by the time the Jets are on the clock for the second time.

I been mocking and Willis has been dropping for whatever reason. I'm sure if he does drop, they will still **** it up