On The Road With Greenbean

Maxman

I would respectfully submit that maybe Greenbean got a little sun stroke at the animal park? I mean we have nothing to fear, its not our GM job to lose, but if you were the GM there is no way you can make that trade. We are the Jets, what can go wrong...

I like Sam and would be happy for him bc we really screwed him badly, but that deal could haunt you for 20 years. You know, like the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe has haunted us for the last 20. Lastly, oh great, (not so much) hands-off owner would never do it because hes an incompetent, born on 3rd base, coward. Those guys dont take risks bc they are more concerned about what they could lose than what they may gain. In a worst case scenario Johnson (73 years old) goes to his grave while Sam and the Pats are still winning Super Bowls and thats your legacy? No way his ego allows that.     

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good stuff GB. After this recording we also signed WR Keenan Cole which I liked a lot. Another big physical receiver who high points and fights for 50-50 balls as well as a terrific blocker, FS Joyner, OG Feeney & TE Kraft. 
Still a lot of RB talent out there in FA that can be had cheap(Mike Davis, Connor)  

CB market still has talent with Sherman, Butler and Adoree Jackson still out there.

Clowney & Atkins and Hyde offer some Edge options and Sammy Watkins & Desean Jackson some deep ball speed cheap .

Curios to see if SF Beathard or Mullins are brought in as QB #2?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-100-best-available-nfl-free-agents-remaining-2021-nfl-free-agency

On 3/1/2021 at 12:40 AM, Rich said:

I would respectfully submit that maybe Greenbean got a little sun stroke at the animal park? I mean we have nothing to fear, its not our GM job to lose, but if you were the GM there is no way you can make that trade. We are the Jets, what can go wrong...

I like Sam and would be happy for him bc we really screwed him badly, but that deal could haunt you for 20 years. You know, like the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe has haunted us for the last 20. Lastly, oh great, (not so much) hands-off owner would never do it because hes an incompetent, born on 3rd base, coward. Those guys dont take risks bc they are more concerned about what they could lose than what they may gain. In a worst case scenario Johnson (73 years old) goes to his grave while Sam and the Pats are still winning Super Bowls and thats your legacy? No way his ego allows that.     

The good news is that JD is finally the head of the football operation. If he wants to trade Sam to BB, he will trade him to BB.  

The question is really one for a fan base that seems convinced Sam will never amount to anything, yet will absolutely refuse to trade him to a team, where if he continues to suck, will help us for years to come. 

Fear. It's an interesting force. And one who should never be allowed to drive the car. Lest all sorts of absurdities reign and make sense.