Last to post in this thread wins

Are you talking about me?  

So MLB it is?  Heading for 250-ish?

Not in high school.  Even at 250-265 he will be one of the biggest strongest players in the league.  Only difference is he will not get tired.  His goal is to do combines and camps as a MLB and pursue that at the next level.  Plus it will probably take another year to get all the way down to 250.  If we can get to 270 by football season I think we are good.  But unless some monster shows up he will still be playing NT or 3 tech by necessity in high school. 

before y'all do this running thing.... do you want to know how many disability applications start with, "so I decided to get in shape...." ?

nah, job security.

carry on.

We are athletes!  I had special dispensation from the Pope to play tackle in Italy at the age of 44. No joke.  I am in great shape.  I should lift more and eat less to be more pleasing to the eye (read this as "perfect"!) but otherwise I'm solid. 

Not in high school.  Even at 250-265 he will be one of the biggest strongest players in the league.  Only difference is he will not get tired.  His goal is to do combines and camps as a MLB and pursue that at the next level.  Plus it will probably take another year to get all the way down to 250.  If we can get to 270 by football season I think we are good.  But unless some monster shows up he will still be playing NT or 3 tech by necessity in high school. 

Ugh.  I thought the whole purpose was to get him out of the trenches.  Will the lack of weight hurt him at NT at this level? Hopefully I will get to some games this season while I can still wear short.  Before those damn aluminium bleachers get to cold to sit on!

Ugh.  I thought the whole purpose was to get him out of the trenches.  Will the lack of weight hurt him at NT at this level? Hopefully I will get to some games this season while I can still wear short.  Before those damn aluminium bleachers get to cold to sit on!

Actually it will allow him to shed blocks and run plays down.  Yet nobody has seen him at 250 so hard to say. 

before y'all do this running thing.... do you want to know how many disability applications start with, "so I decided to get in shape...." ?

nah, job security.

carry on.

Dude if I could go on medical retirement...I would do it in a heart beat.  Probably bad choice of words.

To the end of the MASH theme:

The little little kitten cat

Little little kitten cat

The little little kitten cat

Kitten cat

7:35 AM

Thanks for nothing.  Every day I walk into this building and start humming the theme to Get Smart in my head as I walk through the automatic doors.  It usually takes until 11 to be replaced and  it's right back at lunch.  This could be worse. 

• Upvote 1

They train 430pm in Clifton every Tuesday and Thursday. Step right up.

I'm not sure that is the program I need!  Are you training with them?  I don't think I could hang. I have been lifting light and I don't know if I will ever be able to go back, but I do need to add a boatload of stretching and cardio.  My back is ****ed lately.

I'm not sure that is the program I need!  Are you training with them?  I don't think I could hang. I have been lifting light and I don't know if I will ever be able to go back, but I do need to add a boatload of stretching and cardio.  My back is ****ed lately.

Here you go cupcake.

Here you go cupcake.

I do some of those.  Using my bodyweight doesn't always  I'm not a fan of all the pushups.  Chins are a great exercise, but I have had plenty of shoulder problems and they don't help.  Of course, if I stop doing them my upper body goes to sh*t, so...  I have a gym, I probably need a goal or training partner. I have always trained for a purpose - generally football performance.  This doing it to live sh*t is for the birds.

I train in the a.m  with the same trainer.

I train in the a.m  with the same trainer.

Ah.  What kind of routine are you guys doing?  One of those cross-fit deals?  Flipping tires?  Deadlifts with chains? I'm sure it's something interesting.

Pull ups are the only real upper body workout you need.

That is, unless you have a sh*t shoulder in which case you also have to do shoulder therapy exercises all day err day eeeeaaarly. Do them after you do pull ups for the day.

I can't do enough chins to make it worthwhile.  I'm doing sets of 4 and my whole body pulls up in the most awkward fashion on the right side.  I do chins on Tuesday, wide-grip and close-grip, but I am better off with a neutral grip (palms facing each other). Those don't kill me too bad.  

All you've done is told me that was a masterpiece.

Too late.  I went to lunch and I'm back on Get Smart!

Ah.  What kind of routine are you guys doing?  One of those cross-fit deals?  Flipping tires?  Deadlifts with chains? I'm sure it's something interesting.

Crossfit but customize for football.  John and I basically build the program during our workouts in the morning and then he runs them at night with the boys.  Lot of deadlifts, kettle bell tosses, squats, sled pushes. and then each workout we choose muscle groups to focu on.  We also work alot of fatigued balance type stuff.  We pre-fatigue muscle groups then work them.  Trying to simulate the fatigue in games. We also use time intervals that are similar to a football game.  Our goals for the boys is to condition them to be 100% strong the entire game.  My goal for myself is to be able to work till Im 72 in order to send all five of my kids to school.  LOL

I can't do enough chins to make it worthwhile.  I'm doing sets of 4 and my whole body pulls up in the most awkward fashion on the right side.  I do chins on Tuesday, wide-grip and close-grip, but I am better off with a neutral grip (palms facing each other). Those don't kill me too bad.  

We kinda sorta have the same problem. Both my shoulders require alot of TLC so I'm reduced to sets of 4 right now, and my right shoulder usually tells me how many sets I'm doing because the form falls apart. I just do all three grips now but the neutral is how I started. It hit me at the beginning of this year that I could be a total physical wreck in 2-3 years if I don't get on it. 

I'm one of those people completely sworn off of push ups because of my shoulders. 
Edited by SenorGato

We kinda sorta have the same problem. Both my shoulders require alot of TLC so I'm reduced to sets of 4 right now, and my right shoulder usually tells me how many sets I'm doing because the form falls apart. I just do all three grips now but the neutral is how I started. It hit me at the beginning of this year that I could be a total physical wreck in 2-3 years if I don't get on it. 

I'm one of those people completely sworn off of push ups because of my shoulders. 

Aren't we all?

I live for shoulder rotation exercises.

Aren't we all?

I live for shoulder rotation exercises.

Oh to be the guy at the gym on the gym ball doing T's and Y's after the ROM ball spins and "pulleys." Follow it up with rotation exercises using weights and my handy dandy band, THEN I can start lifting for the day. Or I lift before since lifting is almost all lower body work anyway for me (**** the bench). 

Right now I would say I am stronger than I have been in years but far from peak shape.