Expiring contract extension candidates - WR, CB, edge

derp

The Jets obviously have a lot of players with expiring contracts. We know extensions are more fiscally responsible than open FA and we know Douglas has done this before with Ryan Griffin midseason on a one year deal. I believe he’s said that’s an option for them as well in interviews this offseason.

Also for context, only two healthy players with experience on NFL rosters are currently under contract next year at WR (Crowder, Mims - not counting Enunwa) and CB (Austin, Hall) and just one at edge (Zuniga).

Who are some potential extension candidates among guys who are expiring next year at those positions - and what kinds of deals do you think might be reasonable?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think you’re more likely to see the guards he just signed get extended than anything else. I don’t think Douglas or Gase have any love for Maccagnan’s draftees, so you’ll continue to see them purged. 

Damn, and I was so excited about Sam.

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think you’re more likely to see the guards he just signed get extended than anything else. I don’t think Douglas or Gase have any love for Maccagnan’s draftees or signings, so you’ll continue to see them purged. 

I'm actually (mostly) not thinking Maccagnan guys - and those I am are ones Douglas has already brought back. Figure Griffin was a Maccagnan guy and got extended. I think the ones who are gone are certainly gone for a reason. Those he re-signed are a different story. Vyncint Smith and Perriman at WR, Jenkins, Basham, and Luvu at edge, and then Desir, Maulet, and Poole at corner. 

Obviously any of the higher priced guys (Perriman, Jenkins, Desir, Poole) are going to be a little tougher to figure out. But it'd be interesting if they've seen enough in a Smith, Basham, or Maulet to want to keep them around a little longer for depth purposes on a reasonable contract.