Jags releasing Fournette

43 minutes ago, varjet said:

If you want to win, to go for it, you are aggressive in your signings.

The really great teams don't have to do that, but even they do it sometimes.  

The Bucs are going for it.  The Jets and JD are not signing players like Fournette, Clowney this year.  It is not a great investment for this roster, there is too much uncertainty next year, and the Johnsons may be cash poor.  

A Super Bowl is a Super Bowl.  Let the Glazers win it this year.  

Don't worry.  They won't.  The path to the NFC may be slightly easier than having to go through KC and Baltimore.  But I don't see Brady getting the job done.  Age is catching up with him whether he likes it or not, and no amount of weapons or great playcalling can argue with that.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't worry.  They won't.  The path to the NFC may be slightly easier than having to go through KC and Baltimore.  But I don't see Brady getting the job done.  Age is catching up with him whether he likes it or not, and no amount of weapons or great playcalling can argue with that.  

Brady is going to go nuts this year

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:02 PM, RoadFan said:

James Robinson, UDFA rookie,  will be Jacksonville's leading rusher in 2020.

Not sure if this was posted somewhere in the thread or not, but take note fantasy and dynasty owners.

With the news of Ryquell Armstead going on the COVID list coming through a bit ago, I went ahead and picked Robinson up, partly because of this post, lol. 

Really looking forward to seeing him when he gets his shot, perhaps right out of the gates.  What do you like about him?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With the news of Ryquell Armstead going on the COVID list coming through a bit ago, I went ahead and picked Robinson up, partly because of this post, lol. 

Really looking forward to seeing him when he gets his shot, perhaps right out of the gates.  What do you like about him?

The easy answer would be vision.

But what I like most about Robinson is his exceptional balance, how effortlessly he changes speeds.

He can slide and/or downshift to set up defenders and get them flat-footed... and then cuts and accelerates without losing any momentum.

It's pretty to watch.

• Sympathy 1

The easy answer would be vision.
But what I like most about Robinson is his exceptional balance, how effortlessly he changes speeds.
He can slide and/or downshift to set up defenders and get them flat-footed... and then cuts and accelerates without losing any momentum.
It's pretty to watch.

Robinson is now listed as the # 1 back on the depth chart. Awesome.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@RoadFan @Paradis @RobR

Devine Ozigbo (hamstring) didn't practice today, leaving even more reps for Robinson.  He continues to trend up.

• Jacksonville Jaguars running back Devine Ozigbo (hamstring) and tight end Tyler Eifert, who was given the day off, did not practice.

Ozigbo, Atmstead, Thompson...?  They will all be fighting for backup volume touches. 

Only way Robinson doesn't own that backfield on early downs is if he starts fumbling.  

Absurd that he went undrafted.  Another epic fail by 32 GMs. 

Glad you added him before the news went viral.  :)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Ozigbo, Atmstead, Thompson...?  They will all be fighting for backup volume touches. 

Only way Robinson doesn't own that backfield on early downs is if he starts fumbling.  

Absurd that he went undrafted.  Another epic fail by 32 GMs. 

Glad you added him before the news went viral.  :)

Ozigbo was just placed on IR due to the hamstring injury!

And Armstead has COVID.  Who knows when he'll be back.  Thompson is what he is, a 3rd down back and nothing more.  So its all Robinson's show now.

They just signed Dare Ogunbowale just to put another warm body on the roster.