Is Darnold, Matt Stafford 2.0

More Cowbell

1 minute ago, jgb said:

eh an optimist i see

dalton had some good years when the team around him was good...   there was a good article about that that i can no longer find...

aha!!! i think this is it...      and the more Sam plays....the more I think he is this same type of player.....

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/3/20896664/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-litmus-test

All of this may seem like a litany of excuses to absolve Dalton of blame, but it’s not meant that way. Both his problems in the past—especially in high-leverage moments—and his limitations are impossible to ignore. The point in laying out the swings in Cincinnati’s support system is to illustrate the fact that more than maybe any other quarterback, Dalton has been dependent on his surroundings. Which isn’t an indictment. If placed in the same circumstances, about half the quarterbacks in the NFL would perform better than Dalton has—and about half would perform worse. 

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

dalton had some good years when the team around him was good...   there was a good article about that that i can no longer find...

aha!!! i think this is it...      and the more Sam plays....the more I think he is this same type of player.....

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/3/20896664/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-litmus-test

All of this may seem like a litany of excuses to absolve Dalton of blame, but it’s not meant that way. Both his problems in the past—especially in high-leverage moments—and his limitations are impossible to ignore. The point in laying out the swings in Cincinnati’s support system is to illustrate the fact that more than maybe any other quarterback, Dalton has been dependent on his surroundings. Which isn’t an indictment. If placed in the same circumstances, about half the quarterbacks in the NFL would perform better than Dalton has—and about half would perform worse. 

I was not joking. Dalton is an optimistic outcome at this point. I think Sanchez is a more likely outcome.

• Sympathy 1