Is Darnold, Matt Stafford 2.0

More Cowbell

20 minutes ago, Y3k said:

What is your motivation for spreading negative false naratives?

I look out the window the sky is blue. Or maybe it's gray because of smoke from a wildfire

the news is just the news. just because I don't like wildfires doesn't make reporting the sky is gray a "false negative narrative" or whatever

as for Darnold his arm is fine and might actually be good if he stepped into these throws

the pick he had against Milano there wasn't another human within 10 yards in any direction and he was spinning around like a dancer as he threw it 

Sam has a strong arm in that he plays in the NFL despite never learning how to set his feet 

it's not like a big brag tho and AGAIN he's got fine or OK arm strength, Stafford has special arm strength and always has had that gift

I'm starting to wonder what Darnold's gifts are, exactly 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I have been a big Darnold supporter and I still am. I believe he will be a FQB for this team but I have been thinking, we might be looking at a Matt Stafford situation where we have a very talented QB that just doesn't have what it takes to pull the team up. Now Stafford did ave Megatron and now has Gallowday and Sam has not had anyone that approaches the talent level so it is difficult to make a fair comparison but I was wondering what the rest of you think. Are we in a position like Detroit where we have a QB that should be able to lead this team higher but just doesn't. 

Based on what we've seen to-date, we wish Darnold was Matt Stafford.  He's not even close so far.

But good seeing the usual folks trot out the "just need weapons, and time" argument we always hear.

51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Mark Sanchez leads this franchise in playoff wins as a QB

Rex Ryan leads this franchise in playoff wins as a HC

it's not the greatest stat to use in casual conversation

If Stafford is considered a star he should have more than 0 total career playoff wins after 12 years in the league

And he only had a top 3 all time WR to throw to

55 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Matt Stafford btw has the type of natural arm strength that he can throw a football through a piece of plywood 

darnold's arm is OK but they are not in the same neighborhood in terms of velocity 

Stafford is closer to Favre or Allen he's got a rare arm could have made millions as a pitcher in MLB probably 

Jeff George 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen threw 62 mph at the Combine. people are going to talk about that dude the way oldies like us talk about Jeff George 

Don Majkowkski’s younger brother was my roommate in grad school back when they both played with Indy. Don use to tell us some crazy takes of how hard and far that guy could throw a football. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I look out the window the sky is blue. Or maybe it's gray because of smoke from a wildfire

the news is just the news. just because I don't like wildfires doesn't make reporting the sky is gray a "false negative narrative" or whatever

as for Darnold his arm is fine and might actually be good if he stepped into these throws

the pick he had against Milano there wasn't another human within 10 yards in any direction and he was spinning around like a dancer as he threw it 

Sam has a strong arm in that he plays in the NFL despite never learning how to set his feet 

it's not like a big brag tho and AGAIN he's got fine or OK arm strength, Stafford has special arm strength and always has had that gift

I'm starting to wonder what Darnold's gifts are, exactly 

we-have-purposely-trained-him-wrong-as-joke-16021344.png.ca764a6721809f5147f56aadd973bfd3.png

• Haha 1

Darnold looks like he is becoming another Mark Sanchez. Lost and no clue of what to change and when to change it. Plus, he has a HC who is even MORE lost than his QB. Stafford is head and shoulders better than Darnold at this point.  Something needs to happen to save this kid before he DOES become Sanchez. Like FIRING Adam Gase ASAP, which I know the gutless Johnson's won't do. How did Gase even get into the conversation for the job. Let's put McCarty's resume next to Gase and you see 125 wins, several division titles, several NFC Championship games, a SB win and then you have Gase who had a losing record and players that rejoiced in his leaving.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Darnold looks like the next cautionary tale on how to ruin a young QB. 

No OL last year, no WRs this year, dumbass HC wants to throw all the time instead of establishing the run to set up the pass

At least Luck had a good head coach as a rookie

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I wish.  At least with even awful teams Stafford could play.  Darnold is another in the plethora of Jet frauds who looks lost on the field.   Just wait a few weeks and see how bad this gets.  It's going to be scary.

Sam Darnold: We Had Opportunities, Need to Execute Better

i saw this pic...   felt bad for the kid...      he seems to be finding out he cant ball at this level...

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, adb280z said:

That's true.  But Darnold is close to Stafford as a QB at any point of his career.  

lol what?  At the age of 23, in his 3rd season (really his 2nd, since he was hurt and only played 3 games in year 2), Stafford threw for 41 TDs and just 16 INTs.  He also went 10-6 after going 2-8 as a rookie.

What are people even talking about right now?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  At the age of 23, in his 3rd season (really his 2nd, since he was hurt and only played 3 games in year 2), Stafford threw for 41 TDs and just 16 INTs.  He also went 10-6 after going 2-8 as a rookie.

What are people even talking about right now?

That was a typo.  It was supposed to be isn't.  

That's embarrassing.  Darnold is definitely not close to Stafford.

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2020 at 8:48 AM, Warfish said:

Based on what we've seen to-date, we wish Darnold was Matt Stafford.  He's not even close so far.

But good seeing the usual folks trot out the "just need weapons, and time" argument we always hear.

we need an excuse menu, like a chinese menu...   " I'll take the # 25, please..."   (ASam has ano reppons)

• Haha 1