If we stick with Sam, bring back Josh

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

You have a strange way of understanding, I'll say it again, if he earns, deserves and wins the job I'm all for it. His prior relationship with Sam should not be a factor on if he will be the best man for the job. I want the best coach, not the guy who has best relationship with Sam.

The guy that decides this isn't  hired yet and you seem to think Sam's and Josh's relationship  disqualifies Josh which is what I meant about your view. There is no reason to think this just because he and Sam were on the team together.

You also think Sam should be able to coach himself that Sam needs to stand on his own feet. Other QB's are coached. Is Sam not entitled. I mean I know this is the Jets who do nothing right but I would love to see a guy that it is hos job to talk to Sam in-between series whether  he is a babysitter or not. At least it would show the team is trying to build a QB and it might carry over 

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The guy that decides this isn't  hired yet and you seem to think Sam's and Josh's relationship  disqualifies Josh which is what I meant about your view. There is no reason to think this just because he and Sam were on the team together.

You also think Sam should be able to coach himself that Sam needs to stand on his own feet. Other QB's are coached. Is Sam not entitled. I mean I know this is the Jets who do nothing right but I would love to see a guy that it is hos job to talk to Sam in-between series whether  he is a babysitter or not. At least it would show the team is trying to build a QB and it might carry over 

You are dense. I did not say his past relationship should disqualify him. I said it should not be the factor for him getting the Job.

Sam has coaches. It's Sam's job to be the QB no matter who the coaches are. The coaches do not take all the blame for Sam's failures, the same way they wouldn't get all the credit for his success. If he ever has any.

10 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

You are dense. I did not say his past relationship should disqualify him. I said it should not be the factor for him getting the Job.

Sam has coaches. It's Sam's job to be the QB no matter who the coaches are. The coaches do not take all the blame for Sam's failures, the same way they wouldn't get all the credit for his success. If he ever has any.

Yeah, I'm dense. Sam has coaches. That is about the stupidest  thing I have read here this season and that is saying a lot. 

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

This is dumb. We all know Sam has coaches. This is a hug that has effectively given San coaching. So, in the context of “one more year if Sam” it makes sense to gets hug that had proven helpful to him.

Yoh literally made up the nurse maid bit. Only like 3 chromosomally challenged people think they agree with you, but aren’t sure, mostly cause it’s irate but nonsensical. They were fine with the irate part.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is dumb. We all know Sam has coaches. This is a hug that has effectively given San coaching. So, in the context of “one more year if Sam” it makes sense to gets hug that had proven helpful to him.

Yoh literally made up the nurse maid bit. Only like 3 chromosomally challenged people think they agree with you, but aren’t sure, mostly cause it’s irate but nonsensical. They were fine with the irate part.

Ape, if McCown is deemed to be the best coach for the job, I'm all for it. If hugs will help Sam I'm all for it. I'm just not keen on hiring McCown based solely on his hugs being good for Sam. If they are going to stick with Sam for 1 year and they hire McCown for 1 year to see how it goes, so be it. But I would much rather see them bring in a coach who fits the vision they have moving forward with or without Sam. I like McCown, I hope he becomes a great coach. I wish Sam was a great QB too. I want it all to workout, but I hope the approach is smarter than it has been in the past, which is why I don't want the to go with someone just based on past notions.

19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Ape, if McCown is deemed to be the best coach for the job, I'm all for it. If hugs will help Sam I'm all for it. I'm just not keen on hiring McCown based solely on his hugs being good for Sam. If they are going to stick with Sam for 1 year and they hire McCown for 1 year to see how it goes, so be it. But I would much rather see them bring in a coach who fits the vision they have moving forward with or without Sam. I like McCown, I hope he becomes a great coach. I wish Sam was a great QB too. I want it all to workout, but I hope the approach is smarter than it has been in the past, which is why I don't want the to go with someone just based on past notions.

Yea, nobody except you said that - or drew that conclusion. That's why what you're saying is stupid.

The entire premise is that McCown's influence as a player/mentor helped Sam play the game better, so based on that logic, he'd be a good candidate to be his QB coach IF we go the route of sticking with Sam.

I'm not sure what you're making such a big fuss over. There's literally nobody making the argument you're railing against. LOL

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, nobody except you said that - or drew that conclusion. That's why what you're saying is stupid.

The entire premise is that McCown's influence as a player/mentor helped Sam play the game better, so based on that logic, he'd be a good candidate to be his QB coach IF we go the route of sticking with Sam.

I'm not sure what you're making such a big fuss over. There's literally nobody making the argument you're railing against. LOL

I'm not making a fuss, I see that logic, but I would hope they put some more thought into hiring a coach than just the influence a backup had on a rookie 3 years ago.