If we stick with Sam, bring back Josh

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There was something that worked well between the two of them. Josh is a great influence in a player that’s still a child, tbh. 

If we move on, fine. I’m not advocating one way or another.

I am, however, saying that if we roll with Sam, then part of supporting him is thru coaching as well as with the surrounding roster. McCown would be a great coaching staff addition.

He did more for Sam as a fellow QB than Gase and Loggains have as coaches.

Kid needs to grow up, if he needs to go back to year 1 coddling then he's not the guy.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I am, however, saying that if we roll with Sam, then part of supporting him is thru coaching as well as with the surrounding roster. McCown would be a great coaching staff addition.

If McCown is interested in getting into coaching, I think it's a great idea.  Hines Ward and Antonio Cromartie have been coaching interns for the Jets

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Kid needs to grow up, if he needs to go back to year 1 coddling then he's not the guy.

I agree, but at the same time - he’s always going to have a coach, so what’s wrong with getting him one that has shown evidence he helped him?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I don't see any good scenario if we stick with Sam

Fair, and like I said I’m not arguing if we should or not. I’m simply saying IF we do (which is out of our control as fans), then this would be helpful.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree, but at the same time - he’s always going to have a coach, so what’s wrong with getting him one that has shown evidence he helped him?

McCown helped him as his back-up. I have nothing against bringing him in as a coach if he earns the job. I don't want him here just for Sam though, because Darnold could very well flop and be gone anyway.

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

McCown helped him as his back-up. I have nothing against bringing him in as a coach if he earns the job. I don't want him here just for Sam though, because Darnold could very well flop and be gone anyway.

You have a profound talent for pointing out the obvious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I don’t understand this line of thinking... a 23 year old kid needs to “grow up” because he may prefer one coach over the current coach/coordinators who everyone thinks are horrible. 

I am not saying Sam is the answer but I just don’t get this mentality towards any of the players. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

There was something that worked well between the two of them. Josh is a great influence in a player that’s still a child, tbh. 

Do you know who we passed on when we had Josh as a “bridge QB”? Yeah, no thanks. 

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Darnold615 said:

I don’t understand this line of thinking... a 23 year old kid needs to “grow up” because he may prefer one coach over the current coach/coordinators who everyone thinks are horrible. 

I am not saying Sam is the answer but I just don’t get this mentality towards any of the players. 

He needs to grow up because he's been in the league 3 years and has not.

He is paid to be the QB, not pick the coach. It's his job to be QB no matter who the coach is.

Right now he sucks at being the QB, I'm not going to blame that all on the coach.

Same way I would not give all the credit to the coach if he didn't suck.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Good for Sam for earning this and posting the pic for GMF. It’s been a miserable year for him. Good to see him have a little fun with it. Not sure what happens with Sam this off-season?? I’m on the side of the fence that loves the kid- but know up to now he just isn’t at all what Jet fans hoped he be.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire.  I wouldn’t be shocked at all if McCown was the next HC

i don’t hate it.  Harbaugh decided to stay at Michigan as soon as he knew we weren’t getting Lawrence.  Bienemy is going to Houston.  Daboll isn’t staying in the division