WHI Mafia - Scorpion Woman Wins

8 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

can we lynch 80 now?

He was waving around his dick about claiming when he had like two votes on him and then quieted down. He's been shady af imo. He's not scumhunting.

vote 80

I've admitted numerous times I can't scum hunt this game (worse than my normal awful scumhunting) because my brain has been scattered for the last week.  I dunno what else to say on that.  I wasn't making any of that up.  I really did go through a "sugar addiction detox" and I'm still kinda messed up from it.  It'll take some time before the "fog" fully lifts.

Not looking for sympathy or to be left alive for it.  I know I've been useless.  I've been honest throughout and now am being accused of being "shady"?  Come on now.  You can say my play has sucked but you can't say I've been dishonest.

23 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Vote 80

OK I'm at L-2.

I'm a "Fireproof Firefigher".  I visit one person each night remove gaosline from them, and can also prevent them from getting gasoline poured on them that night.  I also cannot die from fire.

Here were my Visits:

N1:  Jvill

N2:  Drums

N3:  Nyn

I visited players who were my best bet to be town.  Nothing more, nothing less to my logic.  I may well have visited 3 scum players.  But I still wanted to contribute and utilize my power, so it didn't make sense to holster.

I have no idea how the mechanics of my role are working in the game, as I haven't heard anything regarding gasoline so far.  But obviously people have been getting blown up, so my role seems important, lol.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK I'm at L-2.

I'm a "Fireproof Firefigher".  I visit one person each night remove gaosline from them, and can also prevent them from getting gasoline poured on them that night.  I also cannot die from fire.

Here were my Visits:

N1:  Jvill

N2:  Drums

N3:  Nyn

I visited players who were my best bet to be town.  Nothing more, nothing less to my logic.  I may well have visited 3 scum players.  But I still wanted to contribute and utilize my power, so it didn't make sense to holster.

I have no idea how the mechanics of my role are working in the game, as I haven't heard anything regarding gasoline so far.  But obviously people have been getting blown up, so my role seems important, lol.

This would explain my issues with your posts about JETS, and lines up with the other protective roles (I.e. bulletproof bullet doc, bomb proof bomb defuser). I’ll have to go back and read the other explosion scenes again but I don’t remember any reference to gasoline so I don’t know how this fits.

Questions:

1. What made me your best bet for town D1?

2. How do you remove the gasoline? Barry give you some type of special vacuum?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jvill 51 said:

This would explain my issues with your posts about JETS, and lines up with the other protective roles (I.e. bulletproof bullet doc, bomb proof bomb defuser). I’ll have to go back and read the other explosion scenes again but I don’t remember any reference to gasoline so I don’t know how this fits.

Questions:

1. What made me your best bet for town D1?

2. How do you remove the gasoline? Barry give you some type of special vacuum?

1.  I like you.  And you were posting helpful things at the time, as I recall, to help me understand potential game mechanics.  

2.  By successfully choosing the right player to protect.  I don't know HOW the protection works.  Doesn't seem important, really.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also, just to clarify, I was told I would be notified if I successfully removed gasoline from a player.  So far, no such luck, so it looks like I failed on all 3 attempts.

Did you get a PM saying you weren’t successful?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  I like you.  And you were posting helpful things at the time, as I recall, to help me understand potential game mechanics.  

2.  By successfully choosing the right player to protect.  I don't know HOW the protection works.  Doesn't seem important, really.  

Question 2 was a joke lol. As to question 1, I’ll have to look again but I don’t remember being very active at all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Question 2 was a joke lol. As to question 1, I’ll have to look again but I don’t remember being very active at all.

You probably weren't.  Just going off my own faulty memory at the moment.  I'd have to look back as well.  Maybe I thought you were being helpful at the time because you usually are for me.  A voice of reason.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I received silence.  After clarifying with the mod, today, shortly after my reveal, I found out I'd have been told if my protection worked.  

Ok so you were NOT told at the outset (I.e. in your initial role PM) that you’d have received a notification of a successful protection. Is that correct?

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.  

The reason I ask is because if you were told that I would assume JETS would have been told as well, and he didn’t indicate that he was. So if you’re fake claiming here that’s a solid catch by you. Still a bit wary on why you chose to protect me N1 and just overall how a firefighter fits here given seemingly no mention of fire and no successful protections as you claim.

Unvote for now as I go reread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Was anyone made aware that they were the target? I do not have anything that would protect me so I was not the target. 

I was.

Am I possibly displeasing someone?? Lol

I blame my mom, she really didn't educate me very well. Too much affection, not enough discipline.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've admitted numerous times I can't scum hunt this game (worse than my normal awful scumhunting) because my brain has been scattered for the last week.  I dunno what else to say on that.  I wasn't making any of that up.  I really did go through a "sugar addiction detox" and I'm still kinda messed up from it.  It'll take some time before the "fog" fully lifts.

Not looking for sympathy or to be left alive for it.  I know I've been useless.  I've been honest throughout and now am being accused of being "shady"?  Come on now.  You can say my play has sucked but you can't say I've been dishonest.

80 I'm not going to discuss life circumstances with you. Not like I'm having the time of my life right now. Fact of the matter is it's not game related. I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch though and I really do hope it gets easier soon.

I feel like you haven't been conducive to find scum and that bothers me. All jokes aside, you acting differently is maybe wigging me out some but it's not the reason I find you sus.

• Sympathy 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:52 AM, Greenseed4 said:

Did a light read through, 80s early game play is way suspect.  JiF is not far behind, and I’m certain there’s a bus vote somewhere on the Pac train. 

Vote 80

On 5/15/2021 at 11:58 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 3 Vote Count:

80 (2) - nyn, greenpeen

JC (1) - beaver

Drums (1) - JC

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:03 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

*** GAME PAUSED ***

bomb GIF

On 5/15/2021 at 12:06 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

There has been an explosion!

Shrapnel filled dust filled the air after a loud boom echoed in the house chamber. Shrieking and crying followed shortly after as victims felt metal penetrate their skin. Smoke detectors alarmed as the dust cloud filtered down to a light haze and people began to make out faces in the crowd. Finally, like a bowling ball rolling down the lane towards pins, a decapitated head came rolling out of the chamber down the hallway leaving a bloody trail along the way.

daniel-hodges.jpg

beaver - Officer Daniel Hodges, Town Bullet-proof Gun Doctor has been exploded

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 4 Vote Count:

JC (2) - dice, drums

80 (1) - nyn

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Vote 80

*** Game Paused ***

bomb GIF

There has been an explosion!

Dust and shrapnel blasted from the corner of a crowded hallway. People quickly scattered while screaming and chaos again ensued. As the dust settled and the room cleared the victim in the corner where the explosion occurred stood up and walked away.

*** Game Resumed ***

So both times the bomb exploded after the 4th vote was cast that day. Could be bombs explode on that number or as we get to/near half the remaining players having voted. Could be useful moving forward.

• Upvote 1

I really don't know what to make of that claim. If this is legit and your submission failed 3 times in a row...  how come there were no consequences?

Can you explain your thought process in who you chose? 

22 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

80 I'm not going to discuss life circumstances with you. Not like I'm having the time of my life right now. Fact of the matter is it's not game related. I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch though and I really do hope it gets easier soon.

I feel like you haven't been conducive to find scum and that bothers me. All jokes aside, you acting differently is maybe wigging me out some but it's not the reason I find you sus.

That's fair.  I understand life is hell for you in Israel right now (and perhaps in general).  Suffice it to say I don't like it when people don't believe me regarding things I'm actually being honest about, particularly real life stuff, even while playing a game built around lying.  I hope things get better for you too.  :(

I promise you my weird behavior was largely due to the "detox" as I described.  You can critique my play all you want, as I fully admit it has sucked.  I have been useless, more useless than usual, and I get completely why I've drawn votes and ire from you and others.  You admitting my weird real life behavior is not solely the reason you're voting me gives me comfort, however, lol.  That's all I needed to know!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, sorry.  lol.  I'm not good at that (among many things in Mafia) so I don't even attempt it.  

On 5/7/2021 at 4:54 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

FTR I was originally going to not vote Pac this game based on his MVP performance last game where I gave him a sweet role that made Pac great again (yes, I deserve that credit). Usually that earns a long leash next game as a heat check situation.

But then he just had to flap his stupid fat gums in support of Jamal Adams.

Kill it.  With fire.

When I initially re-read the bottom post and the bolded it was going to give you credit for breadcrumbing but thought I’d ask first. Interesting that you say you weren’t breadcrumbing considering the word choice here

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I really don't know what to make of that claim. If this is legit and your submission failed 3 times in a row...  how come there were no consequences?

Can you explain your thought process in who you chose? 

My explanation was given already.  I thought those 3 were likely town.  That's it, I wanted to try to protect town.  As for WHY I felt they were town, I mentioned with Jvill that I find him a comforting voice of reason.  Drums seemed to be in that anxious sort of way he is when he's town, which I always describe with this gif:

Tom Hanks Running GIF

As for you, by the time D3 came around I had you as a rock solid town read.  Your suspicions of me were warranted, so while a lot of other players were giving me space because of my weirdness, you kept coming right at me, lol.  That's town Nyn right there.  

• Haha 1

When I initially re-read the bottom post and the bolded it was going to give you credit for breadcrumbing but thought I’d ask first. Interesting that you say you weren’t breadcrumbing considering the word choice here

Totally unintended, I promise.  If it was related, it had to be subliminal.  I was barely able to process my role / role PM at that stage of the game with how my brain was working, lol.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't want to vote anyone right now because I don't want any more death.  But I'm afraid @jvill 51 has been rather quiet lately and I may have to vote him soon if he doesn't engage soon.  I could really use his guidance right now.  

[Placeholder:  Insert "Gut - Jvill" image.  I can't find it right now.]

This is D3 so after the initial town read on me and claimed protection N1. It’s accurate re my activity level at that point but all I did D1 was crack some jokes in between moving stuff too so still not seeing what it was that made me town D1. if anything I got more active between D1 and when this post was made.

On 5/16/2021 at 6:44 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Strong town vibes from this post. First time this game I’ve been able to get this kind of feeling.

I just like the way he assures us here that the simplest answer is the best one in some cases.  Like we should feel free to play “paint by numbers Mafia” sometimes.  Including this game.

Quoting Dice here. Why not protect him N3 if you got strong town vibes for the first time during the game from his post?

I am leaning on believing 80 but there's been no indication of fire yet so who really knows. There must be a way we can vet him so I am not in a hurry to vote him but nyn and jvill are asking good questions- I think 80 is doing a decent job of answering as well. Still think JC is a good candidate.

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I am leaning on believing 80 but there's been no indication of fire yet so who really knows. There must be a way we can vet him so I am not in a hurry to vote him but nyn and jvill are asking good questions- I think 80 is doing a decent job of answering as well. Still think JC is a good candidate.

We’ve got a dead SK and dead bullet/bomb protective roles. Haven’t seen anyone killed by a bullet through 3 night phases now so I think it’s safe to assume Pac had the gun. We’ve had explosions after N2 and N3, and the one after N3 was unsuccessful. So if 80 is telling the truth, it’s possible he was the target N3 and that was really a gas explosion I guess? Doesn’t perfectly square with the fire and this scenario would probably require three different non-town factions, each with a different method of killing and each rotating which night they kill (guns N1, bombs N2, gas N3).

The other scenarios involve 80 lying. Either the bomber(s) can plant a bomb every night and JETS did defuse it N1 (which would mean he wasn’t told he was successful taking down that portion of 80’s claim) or they just couldn’t start killing until N2.

I don’t think it’s very likely that there’s another faction with a different killing method that hasn’t been able to kill yet and has had no mention of it.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

This is D3 so after the initial town read on me and claimed protection N1. It’s accurate re my activity level at that point but all I did D1 was crack some jokes in between moving stuff too so still not seeing what it was that made me town D1. if anything I got more active between D1 and when this post was made.

There was time between this post and my decision to protect you N1.  Your increase in activity level, as you describe, helped me towards that decision.

We’ve got a dead SK and dead bullet/bomb protective roles. Haven’t seen anyone killed by a bullet through 3 night phases now so I think it’s safe to assume Pac had the gun. We’ve had explosions after N2 and N3, and the one after N3 was unsuccessful. So if 80 is telling the truth, it’s possible he was the target N3 and that was really a gas explosion I guess? Doesn’t perfectly square with the fire and this scenario would probably require three different non-town factions, each with a different method of killing and each rotating which night they kill (guns N1, bombs N2, gas N3).

The other scenarios involve 80 lying. Either the bomber(s) can plant a bomb every night and JETS did defuse it N1 (which would mean he wasn’t told he was successful taking down that portion of 80’s claim) or they just couldn’t start killing until N2.

I don’t think it’s very likely that there’s another faction with a different killing method that hasn’t been able to kill yet and has had no mention of it.

Ah didn't think of that. It is possible but Barry posted a photo of a bomb going off. I don't know, I don't think we really have enough info right now. 

59 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Quoting Dice here. Why not protect him N3 if you got strong town vibes for the first time during the game from his post?

Nyn ended up a stronger town read.  I just didn't comment on it at the time.  Call it my first attempt at nuance, lol.

To add to this, both explosion scenes were kicked off with a detonating bomb gif. So probably takes away from the idea that the failed explosion today was fire related instead of bomb related.

5 hours ago, Drums said:

Pretty sure Beaver was the one that protected against bullets. I assume that was tied to the SK and scum has bombs. Just my 2 cents

Damn bro you're bringing the heat!!!, mind if I have sip of your tasty beverage to wash this down with? 

• Haha 2