Corey Davis 2nd smartest WR 2017 Combine, naturally we drafted a dope (Chad Hansen)

19 hours ago, AFJF said:

The wonderlic asks stuff like "Which day of the week starts with a 'w'".  All it tells you is whether or not the guy taking it bothered to read the questions before choosing an answer.

I’m a teacher and love questions like this. They are super useful for weeding people out. You’d be surprised when it comes to how many people actually bother to learn what’s being asked of them before they begin and just how much that correlates to how reliable/successful someone will be in the immediate future. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've taken a practice Wonderlic for the hell of it before.  While there are indeed questions like these on there, there is also a mixture of logic-based questions that are more difficult.  I did well when I took it but not perfect.  Probably missed like 6-8 questions, I would guess.

I don't know how much use/value it has, but its not exactly "50 questions for meatheads" like you're making it seem.  

Mid to high range it’s meh. Everyone gets there’s a margin of error. It’s the low scores that are useful. That’s why the test exists. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I know that in 8th grade if I got 8 out of 10 questions right on a math quiz and the kid next to me got 10 out of 10 he would know I got an 80 and a low B and I still wouidn't give a sh*t.  That doesn't mean the test doesn't have merit.  

In the case of Eli and Peyton clearly Eli is smarter.   Peyton was dumb enough to suggest Adam Gase and Sam Darnold would be a good fit for each other.  The wonderlic was spot on.  

:rl: 

They key to scoring well is to quickly assess any question and if you believe it will take longer than 30s or so to figure out, skip. 80% of the questions are “easy,” you’re sabotaging yourself if you leave any unseen. A useful skill for QBs who have to make quick assessments of success likelihoods several times a snap. Leave your ego at the door and don’t try to “beat” a question with brute force — most of us could answer all of them with unlimited time. Take what the test gives you. It’s a personality test as well as a mental capacity one.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, AFJF said:

The wonderlic asks stuff like "Which day of the week starts with a 'w'".  All it tells you is whether or not the guy taking it bothered to read the questions before choosing an answer.

Of course it’s that simple. Not like it’s an actual test that tests the basics.