A Few (VERY) Early Comparisons 2020 vs 2021

Warfish

Jets in 2020 third season of same #1 QB, and start of the 2nd season of the Gase System.

Jets in 2021, first game for Wilson, first game for Saleh, first game for LaFleur as a play-calling O-Co.

------

Jets in 2020 finished 32nd/32nd (Points/Yards) in Offense and 26th/24th in Defense.

Jets thru one game in 2021 are 25th/27th in Offense and 12th/14th in Defense (O can get worse and D can get better based on tonight's results).

------

Jets in 2020 were -214 in Points Differential.

Jets in 2021 thru one game are -5, which projects to -85 for a 17 game season.

------

Jets QB in 2020 (Darnold) averaged 59.6%, 184 Passing Yards, 0.75 TD/Game, 0.92 INT/Game.

Jets QB in 2021 (Wilson) produced 54.1%, 258 Passing Yards, 2TD/Game, 1 INT/Game thru, of course, one game.

------

Some improvement here.  

Not blazing, world shaking, earth shattering improvement, but improvement.  Which is what we wanted, and some fan hype hope for.

But improvement none the less.  Maybe we should give this team a second game before we start calling for firings.

Like it or not, we're going to have to be patient, and judge this team, this new Head Coach, new O-Co, new QB and old JD on the net results.  

Not just on week 1 results.

I'd say give it a few weeks, if we're 32/32 on offense and Wilson is down in Darnold-2020-type production, by all means, get mad.  

But one game?  Come on dudes.  Even I'm not demanding firings after one game.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets in 2020 third season of same #1 QB, and start of the 2nd season of the Gase System.

Jets in 2021, first game for Wilson, first game for Saleh, first game for LaFleur as a play-calling O-Co.

------

Jets in 2020 finished 32nd/32nd (Points/Yards) in Offense and 26th/24th in Defense.

Jets thru one game in 2021 are 25th/27th in Offense and 12th/14th in Defense (O can get worse and D can get better based on tonight's results).

------

------

Jets QB in 2020 (Darnold) averaged 59.6%, 184 Passing Yards, 0.75 TD/Game, 0.92 INT/Game.

Jets QB in 2021 (Wilson) produced 54.1%, 258 Passing Yards, 2TD/Game, 1 INT/Game thru, of course, one game.

------

Some improvement here.  

Not blazing, world shaking, earth shattering improvement, but improvement.  Which is what we wanted, and some fan hype hope for.

But improvement none the less.  Maybe we should give this team a second game before we start calling for firings.

Like it or not, we're going to have to be patient, and judge this team, this new Head Coach, new O-Co, new QB and old JD on the net results.  

I'd say give it a few weeks, if we're 32/32 on offense and Wilson is down in Darnold-2020-type production, by all means, get mad.  

I’m not worried about the results or the record, just destroying our rookie QB a la David Carr who was never the same. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

------

------

------

------

Some improvement here.  

Defense did well week 1.  Great considering the resources put into it.  

The rebuild put an emphasis on the OLine this season and they looked SO bad.  That isn't an overreaction.  

It's week 1.  If the protection and run blocking improve and the defense looks good but gives up more points I'll be happy week 2.  I just want to see a rebuild is in progress, which means hitting on some of the draft picks.