Jets to Immediately Pursue Von Oelhoffen

RSJ

http://nfl.com/news/story/9298528

As for Von Oelhoffen, the player who is known for injuring Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, the New York Jets are expected to make an effort right away to sign him. The Jets need a player like Von Oelhoffen to help shore up their run defense. Cleveland and San Francisco also will consider signing Von Oelhoffen.

Great signing if Jets make it happen, imo.

Maybe StillerPaul can shed some more light on this one.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9298528

As for Von Oelhoffen, the player who is known for injuring Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, the New York Jets are expected to make an effort right away to sign him. The Jets need a player like Von Oelhoffen to help shore up their run defense. Cleveland and San Francisco also will consider signing Von Oelhoffen.

Great signing if Jets make it happen, imo.

Maybe StillerPaul can shed some more light on this one.

He's a high energy guy. He definately has experience in the 3-4. He also played 4-3 end early in his career with Cinci. Kinda up there in years, and may have a dropoff soon, but should be very affordable. For the right price, i'd say you guys got a good DE that should play at least another 2 years or so should ya sign him.

Here's a bright idea.

Lets sign 40 yr old Ted Washington and 35 yr old Van Waffle Hoffen, and in 2 years time they are on their couches eating potato chips while the Jets search for a new NT and a new RDE.

We shouldnt sign anybody over 32. Its just STUPID.

Here's a bright idea.

Lets sign 40 yr old Ted Washington and 35 yr old Van Waffle Hoffen, and in 2 years time they are on their couches eating potato chips while the Jets search for a new NT and a new RDE.

What harm could it be in signing an affordable veteran that knows the 3-4 inside and out that can contribute as well as help tutor some of the younger guys at the position? Experience is not a bad thing.

What harm could it be in signing an affordable veteran that knows the 3-4 inside and out that can contribute as well as help tutor some of the younger guys at the position? Experience is not a bad thing.

Me thinks it would lead to the Jets making a bad decision in the draft with that #4 pick.

Anyways, I dont see why Kimo would want to come here. He's an old player, and this team is gonna suck.

Any word if pitt will try hard to keep him?

Here's a bright idea.

It's the same thing Belichick did early on. When you're changing defenses, you can't just draft players and expect to make that defense work immediately. You bring in old vets who know the system like the back of their hand and show the young guys how it's done. Believe it or not, it works.

It's the same thing Belichick did early on. When you're changing defenses, you can't just draft players and expect to make that defense work immediately. You bring in old vets who know the system like the back of their hand and show the young guys how it's done. Believe it or not, it works.

Well said,Van Oelhoffen would be a solid pick up until we groom a younger guy to take over.Although i feel we should be going for a nose tackle first instead of a 3-4 end.

Here's a bright idea.

I agree with you! We were supposed to ne getting younger, faster and stronger! What happened?

dont mind barton...he finally hit puberty , so is hormones are raging right now...he'll calm down in a few days...

The Jets are going to play 3 man, 4 man and even 5 man defensive fronts. They won't be married to just one defensive concept. The 3-4 will be the base.

The Jets have very few d-lineman who have the versatilty to play in The 3 and 4 man lines. Shaun Ellis is the only one. John Abraham is on his way out. So is James Reed. D-Rob has played a bit of D-end in The 3-4 the last two years.

The Jets have no depth on the d-line and Mangini wants more than just 3 guys to rotate. Our backups are not 3-4 compatible. Bryan Thomas might go to OLB as an edge rusher. Trevor Johnson stinks. Lance Legree is gone and Sione Pouha has NT ability but he's raw.

Players like Kimo are going to be looked at because He has the ability to play inside in The 4-3 and at DE in The 3-4. It's not just about age with The Jets players. The Jets are going to look for certain types of players who fit the versatility that is needed for the new systems and operation.

It's like when Belichick and his defensive staff was here with The Jets. Veterans like Rick Lyle,Bobby Hamilton and Anthony Pleasant played key roles in the rotation despite not being "big name stars or very young".

It's about getting players who fit what this staff wants moving forward.

i think mangini can make something out of Trevor Johnson....

The Jets are going to play 3 man, 4 man and even 5 man defensive fronts. They won't be married to just one defensive concept. The 3-4 will be the base.

The Jets have very few d-lineman who have the versatilty to play in The 3 and 4 man lines. Shaun Ellis is the only one. John Abraham is on his way out. So is James Reed. D-Rob has played a bit of D-end in The 3-4 the last two years.

The Jets have no depth on the d-line and Mangini wants more than just 3 guys to rotate. Our backups are not 3-4 compatible. Bryan Thomas might go to OLB as an edge rusher. Trevor Johnson stinks. Lance Legree is gone and Sione Pouha has NT ability but he's raw.

Players like Kimo are going to be looked at because He has the ability to play inside in The 4-3 and at DE in The 3-4. It's not just about age with The Jets players. The Jets are going to look for certain types of players who fit the versatility that is needed for the new systems and operation.

It's like when Belichick and his defensive staff was here with The Jets. Veterans like Rick Lyle,Bobby Hamilton and Anthony Pleasant played key roles in the rotation despite not being "big name stars or very young".

It's about getting players who fit what this staff wants moving forward.

You mean a few years.

When he finally gets laid.

For some reason I think you're alittle bitter, jetmo.

Ya see, when I get laid in 2 yrs (like you say), there wont be anybody else you know

who has a hitless streak the past 5 years.

Oh, except yourself.

For some reason I think you're alittle bitter, jetmo.

Ya see, when I get laid in 2 yrs (like you say), there wont be anybody else you know

who has a hitless streak the past 5 years.

Oh, except yourself.

:character42:

To build a team you need players that fill roles- you also are not going to put 40 players all in their first year or so on the team- so lets be realistic here.

The Pats were successful in getting guys who played and knew their roles and played as a TEAM and emphasis on team

i think mangini can make something out of Trevor Johnson....

Unless Johnson puts on at least 20 lbs. he'll be useless as a DE in Mangini's 3-4. However, if he stays at 260, he might be able to make the mobe to OLB much like McGinest did for us.

How many games did he miss due to that injury?

If that was PennyBoyWonder, he would have missed two entire seasons.

While Pennington is injury prone,he's pretty tough when it comes to playing through injuries.

Dude,

PennyBoy has yet to play an entire season in his career.

How the hell is that "playing through injuries"?:eek:

Because some injuries you can't play through,you can't take a snap if your hand is broken.You can't throw the ball if you can't raise your arm above your shoulder.He did play the second half of 04 with a torn rotator cuff,which i feel deserves a bit of praise.

PLEASE take Seth Payne from the Texans...

I'm guessing he's not that good eh?

Who are going to be the Texans DT's in the 4-3?I believe Walker,Smith and your 1st round rookie from last year are all DT's in the 4-3.

Archived