Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

Another question. Since i took that QB/WR in round 2, how do you guys go about judging that pick?

I have no idea who the judges are, actually. I believe Smizzy does know.

Either way, the judging is based on value, team need, and all that. He, obviously fit a need, replacing Randel El... so, it was a good pick, for what you want it to be. I'm not sure how it'll be judged though. You're askin the wrong cat :lol:

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Ham had a good draft...

Vernon Davis, TE

D'Qwell Jackson, MLB

Joe Toledo, OT

I've had a damn good draft too. As have alot of people here. The judges are going to have a real tough time deciding on who gets that Nugent 8x10

If I don't win the picture there should be an investigation

This is the best mock I ever had based on value and need ... by far

In all of my years of competing in mock drafts, I have never had one that even approaches this

I stole Tamba Hali at 22 when he's closer to a TOP 15 Prospect

I Got Santonio Holmes in about the right spot ... a little bit of a bargain at 29

Then I flatout heisted Jason Allen late in RD 2 ... close to a round later than his actual projection

Then I did the same thing with McCargo .. got him at least a RD later than his grade .. bigger heist than Allen

And all four players fill huge needs for my team ... so it's impossible to have a better draft

:yahoo:

BUT ... I do love the draft you are having, storm ... no kidding ... I love it

I love all three players you drafted ... Davis, Jackson and Toledo

You would know better than me, SP

I would say probably corner, wideout and safety ... is that about right?

Well i think we're set at corner with Ike Taylor, De'Shea Townsend, Bryant McFadden and Ricardo Colclough. Is that an adequate secondary in your opinion? At WR we have meatballs after Hines Ward but we usually always are thin there. I have no idea how good Ryan Clarke is (Safety we signed from the Redskins), do you? I just wanted to pick your brain a bit on who you felt would fit best with us in the first 3 rounds.

While Ham had a good draft...

Vernon Davis, TE

D'Qwell Jackson, MLB

Joe Toledo, OT

I've had a damn good draft too. As have alot of people here. The judges are going to have a real tough time deciding on who gets that Nugent 8x10

Not too hard though.

Davis was a good pick but you passed on Vince Young.

Jackson was another good pick but you passed on Donte Whitner

Toledo was another good pick but you passed on Derek Hagan.

This weekend I guess I will have to make room on my mantle for that Nugent pic.

Not too hard though.

Do you think Robert Gallery will be there for you in the 4th round?

Well i think we're set at corner with Ike Taylor, De'Shea Townsend, Bryant McFadden and Ricardo Colclough. Is that an adequate secondary in your opinion? At WR we have meatballs after Hines Ward but we usually always are thin there. I have no idea how good Ryan Clarke is (Safety we signed from the Redskins), do you? I just wanted to pick your brain a bit on who you felt would fit best with us in the first 3 rounds.

It's hard to say, SP ... you know your team better than me

Maybe a lineman to replace Olhoffen?

I don't think Clarke is much, so I would look for another safety

And I would definitely be looking for a wideout

Wouldn't mind adding another corner as well, but Ike Taylor has an upside

Just a few areas I might consider, but you know the Steelers better than me

OH YEAH ... and a BIG RB ... I'd be looking for one of those to compliment Parker

If I don't win the picture there should be an investigation

This is the best mock I ever had based on value and need ... by far

In all of my years of competing in mock drafts, I have never had one that even approaches this

I stole Tamba Hali at 22 when he's closer to a TOP 15 Prospect

I Got Santonio Holmes in about the right spot ... a little bit of a bargain at 29

Then I flatout heisted Jason Allen late in RD 2 ... close to a round later than his actual projection

Then I did the same thing with McCargo .. got him at least a RD later than his grade .. bigger heist than Allen

And all four players fill huge needs for my team ... so it's impossible to have a better draft

BUT ... I do love the draft you are having, storm ... no kidding ... I love it

I love all three players you drafted ... Davis, Jackson and Toledo

I like my Bronco mock draft better

B. Bunkley

C. Jackson

J. Addai

R. Edwards.

Honest truth, after the first fout picks {Hali, Holmes, Allen and McCargo}, I feel like I'm playing with house money ... anything else is gravy ... but this draft is already solidified as an "A+" Grade

Worse I can do the rest of the way is lower it to an "A" if I'm completely drunk for the rest of my picks, but don't bet on it fellas ... even drunk I am the king of all draftniks :grin:

Not too hard though.

Don't need a QB, and I'm not a fan of Vince Young. I don't think he's going to be good. That and Davis is a freak athlete, and fits a need the Lions have.

I don't need Whitner, as I have a SS in Kennoy Kennedy. And, I don't have a MLB, and Jackson is the best one in the draft.

The last thing the Lions need is another drafted WR ;) And, Toledo could very well beat out Kelly Butler for the right tackle spot.

So, going by that, I had a much better draft than your Chargers did ;)

Don't need a QB, and I'm not a fan of Vince Young. I don't think he's going to be good. That and Davis is a freak athlete, and fits a need the Lions have.

I don't need Whitner, as I have a SS in Kennoy Kennedy. And, I don't have a MLB, and Jackson is the best one in the draft.

The last thing the Lions need is another drafted WR ;) And, Toledo could very well beat out Kelly Butler for the right tackle spot.

So, going by that, I had a much better draft than your Chargers did ;)

Watch Millen draft another WR on day one though. Just wait for it.

Also, keep in mind that you drafted 10 spots ahead of me in each round.

Watch Millen draft another WR on day one though. Just wait for it.

Also, keep in mind that you drafted 10 spots ahead of me in each round.

So, are you looking for a handicap? Keep in mind, you've got more picks than I do in this draft ;)

Millen isn't going to draft another Day 1 WR. There's nowhere to put him. All the WR spots are taken, on the roster.

With two first round picks, it's easy to look good, Ham! Although you also stepped in **** with the other guys that fell.

I still like my Rams' draft too though. I went with a rsik pick with Manny Lawlor in the first round, but Ko Simpson and Fasano were also blatantly great values where I got them. Manny could be this year's Merriman, and makes it possible for Linehan to play a 3-4, 4-3 hybrid, Ko Simpson and the FA signing of Chavous shores up the safety spot nicely after losing Archeleta, and the Rams signned the Saints' CB for help there.

Given the players available, and the Rams' needs, it played out very well so far. They signed Glover to replace Pickett, and Jimmy Kennedy will be given the chance to be the slant nose (4-3) and or the NT in a 3-4 rotation. If he can stay healthy, the run D should be much better up the middle. They, like everyone else could have used Ngata, but there is only one true 3-4 NT in this draft.

I think once it's all done, each of us should make a case for our drafts. Passing on Croyle worked out too, with the signing of Frerotte. I want that Nugent pic! :yahoo:

Honest truth, after the first fout picks {Hali, Holmes, Allen and McCargo}, I feel like I'm playing with house money ... anything else is gravy ... but this draft is already solidified as an "A+" Grade

Worse I can do the rest of the way is lower it to an "A" if I'm completely drunk for the rest of my picks, but don't bet on it fellas ... even drunk I am the king of all draftniks :grin:

Get over yourself already. Try drafting for a team that has 11 holes who's "forced" into taking a position that's not a need with their first pick (#1 in the draft) & then pat yourself on the back. When you have 5 guys equally ranked & all of them fill a position of need then you've got actual decisions to make.

If I was drafting for need-only, I'd have taken Brick #1 since Domanick Davis is more than adequate at HB. So should I have passed on Reggie Bush b/c he doesn't fill a hole? Pass on the "it" player? Nonsense.

I secured Reggie Bush with temptation to fill a hole at LT there with Brick;

Antonio Cromartie/Daniel Bullocks: with Dunta Robinson, turned their secondary from pass-at-will to pass-at-your-own-risk;

Still got Daryn Colledge who I think will be an excellent LT;

Mark Setterstrom - perfect for Kubiak's zone blocking & addresses the loss of Milford Brown.

I'm thrilled to get Maurice Drew at the end of rd 3. IMO, clearly the BPA!!!

My draft isn't too shabby for the Seahawks...addressed some needs with solid players. I'm giving Ham a run for his money!! :)

Ham, nice pick.

I thought about McCargo for my 3rd rd pick, but it didnt last long, I dont see him as a 3-4 dlineman. But for the broncos in the 4-3 that was a good pick.

I think my next pick, some will call a reach. But he's a high upside player and it fills a need. And I think after the draft is over, this pick will be taken well before the Jets 4th rd pick.

Round 4

1 97 Texans

2 98 Saints

3 99 49ers

4 100 Raiders

5 101 Titans

6 102 Jets

7 103 Packers

8 104 Bills

9 105 Patriots

10 106 Cardinals

11 107 Eagles

12 108 Rams

13 109 Browns

14 110 Ravens

15 111 Falcons

16 112 Chargers

17 113 Dolphins

18 114 Vikings

19 115 Eagles

20 116 Jets

21 117 Patriots

22 118 Broncos

23 119 Bears

24 120 Panthers

25 121 Bucs

26 122 Bengals

27 123 Giants

28 124 Jaguars

29 125 Broncos

30 126 Eagles

31 127 Seahawks

32 128 Steelers

Round 5

1 129 Texans

2 130 Saints

3 131 Patriots

4 132 Titans

5 133 Jets

6 134 Packers

7 135 49ers

8 136 Lions

9 137 Cardinals

10 138 Bills

11 139 Rams

12 140 Browns

13 141 Ravens

14 142 Eagles

15 143 Falcons

16 144 Dolphins

17 145 Vikings

18 146 Cowboys

19 147 Chargers

20 148 Browns

21 149 Redskins

22 150 Chiefs

23 151 Panthers

24 152 Bucs

25 153 Bengals

26 154 Giants

27 155 Bears

28 156 Jaguars

29 157 Broncos

30 158 Colts

31 159 Seahawks

32 160 Steelers

Mostly, I'm just making it up... :lol:

Check the Mock Draft Picks thread. I've got the order for rounds 4, 5, and 6 up.

Oh ok. I forgot but I have 2 4th rd picks, that is good.

I know we have had our differences here, but you have done a good job monitoring these picks and putting toegether the list of players taken by position. Now if only you could make your own picks when you put yourself OTC....:P

BTW I think I get the lions 6th or 7th rd pick from the McGraw trade!

Round one through three is just BAP. It doesn't require any discernment, it's a process of elimination.

These guys sell tickets.

Round 4-7 are the guys you win championships with. These are the selections we'll be judged on.

DROP YOUR C*CKS AND GRAB YOUR SOCKS!

Wow.... I disagree with that statement so much I don't know where to start. Team need must always be balanced with BAP, unless the BAP is a long shot better than what's left. I think what rules NOW is BAP. The hard part is knowing which guy IS the BAP. If there are only dregs left in a position of need, now is the time to look elsewhere for the BAP.

I think JM is half right. The talent between rounds 1 and 3... there really isn't that much of a drop off. 4-7 do tell if you can become a championship team or not. But... you draft for need in the first few rounds, to an extent. You don't always draft based on need. For instance, if I were the Lions, I would have drafted a DT or a MLB. Those are needs. TE really wasn't a major need. But, taking Gabe Watson or D'Qwell Jackson at number nine would have been a major reach. Vernon Davis isn't. That's why I say he's half right. It's a mix of need and BAP in the first three rounds, around 50/50. There after, it's 70/30 BAP... maybe even 80/20.

Archived