Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

Shutout, aside from your first round pick, which we "discussed" (lol) I like what you did with the Vikes. Joseph, Croyle and Degory were picks I liked a lot. Hodge was solid where you got him too, and was a nice BAP/need pick, even though the Vikes keep taking LB's that disappoint. I think Hodge breaks the bad run. They could still use a RT, but few teams fill all of their holes in the draft. With Hutch at LG, Birk if he stays healthy, and Joseph at RG, I think CHESTER TAYLOR (!) will have a good year!

Yeah,we had a nice,calm discussion about the Vikings RB situation on a Jets MB. I thought about grabbing a RT at a couple of different points throughout the draft,but decided they'll probably give the 3 other guys(Adam Goldberg,Mike Rosenthal,and their 2nd rounder last year Marcus Johnson) one more chance to stand out at RT. With a line of Mckinnie,Hutch,Birk,Joseph,Goldberg/Johnson and solid depth in Rosenthal,Degory,Fowler,Liwenski and whichever doesn't start at RT,I passed on the OTs to grab a few other spots. With that line,I think Williams/Taylor would have some nice holes to run through.

I can honestly say I didn't question a single Ram pick. A lot of people have had/are having really good drafts here. As I said earlier,that not only tells a lot about the people running/participating in this mock,but the depth in this year's draft. With the Jets having so many picks,we lucked out starting the rebuilding process this year.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a 7th RD Pick so my draft is over

Here's my haul for the Broncos

1. DE Tamba Hali

1. WR Santonio Holmes

2. S Jason Allen

3. DT John McCargo

4. TE Tony Sheffler

4. OLB Jon Alston

5. QB Ingle Martin

6. RB Derrick Ross - {Dominant D2 Sleeper, 5' 11"/226/4.5's}

Comments?

I liked the Jon Alston and Jason Allen picks. Very good value in both spots.

Nice draft Hammer....I wonder where the Broncos will go now that they moved up way up in the Abraham deal?

Would they consider a running back....local hero LenDale White?

Thunderbird, nice pick with Jimmy Cottrell -- he was a player I was quite high on during the season.....He's done nothing to take away from his career, but I guess we are just waiting on his 40 times, ect...

Andre Ware, ESPN, compared him to a more physically gifted Chris Spielman (who Ware played with in Detroit)....

I don't think he goes that high (Spielman--2nd round 1988?), but he's a good football player -- nice pick. Hope he works out well.

Nice draft Hammer....I wonder where the Broncos will go now that they moved up way up in the Abraham deal?

Would they consider a running back....local hero LenDale White?

Thunderbird, nice pick with Jimmy Cottrell -- he was a player I was quite high on during the season.....He's done nothing to take away from his career, but I guess we are just waiting on his 40 times, ect...

Andre Ware, ESPN, compared him to a more physically gifted Chris Spielman (who Ware played with in Detroit)....

I don't think he goes that high (Spielman--2nd round 1988?), but he's a good football player -- nice pick. Hope he works out well.

Ham, I didn't realise you'd taken Alston.... in the position pick thread, he showed up as a DE.... I was surprised he wasn't there.... but he was!

Thanks R44.... I hate picking for another team like that.... I'd rather save my picks for MY team in this draft, the Rams! But, I've got my eye on my seventh rounder.... hope he falls!

I like Ham's draft. I don't know much about Scheffler, but I like all the other picks! If Ham liked Scheffler, I have to think he must be pretty promising... I'll look into him now though, that's for sure.

I apologize for missing my 6th round pick. I've been busy lately, and forgot to check the board periodically. A RB though? Especially after I had already picked Maroney? :(

I made the pick - just trying to keep this going Clujet

After my last pick its time to sum up the Charger's draft:

Team needs

1. OT Need depth for now and will need to replace our LT in a couple years

2. S Need to add speed and big plays to secondary

3. WR Very thin at the receiver position

4. QB Rivers hasn't played much. Depth could be important here.

Other needs include OL depth and more speed for the defense.

The picks

1. Vince Young, QB University of Texas (6-4 5/8, 228) ran the 40 once in 4.57. He didn't do the vertical or long jumps. During drills, he threw 54 passes, completing 49 of them (with one drop). He threw passes out of a three-step drop, five-step drop and seven-step drop. He finished the 30-minute session by catching a TD pass.

2. Donte Whitner, SS Ohio State University (5-11, 205) was clocked at 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40. Broad jump 11’0”. Vericle jump 40”, 18 bench presses. Whitner finished third on the Buckeyes in 2005 with 73 tackles, with 7 for loss, 4 sacks and 2 interceptions. He played 35 games in three years at Ohio State, marking 164 takedowns.

3. Derek Hagan, WR Arizona State University (6-1 7/8, 203) stood on mostly everything he did at the Combine. In Tempe, he had a 39½-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-5 broad jump and 15 bench presses. He also did the position drills.

4. Dusty Dvoracek, DT Oklahoma (6-2¾, 306 pounds) was timed at 4.79 and 4.81 in the 40. He had a 9-foot-6 broad jump, 4.47 short shuttle and a 7.59 three-cone drill.

5. Guy Whimper, OT East Carolina (6-4 7/8, 302 pounds) did only position drills at the Pro Day and stood on his numbers from the Combine. 40 yard dash – 4.95, verical jump 29”, Three cone 7.38,

6a. Barrick Nealey, WR Texas State (6-3 7/8 220) did only the positional drills; he stood on everything else he did at the Combine.

6b. Pat Ross, OG Boston College (6-3¾, 300) stood on mostly everything he did at the Combine. On campus, he ran the short shuttle in 4.50 seconds. He also had a 27-inch verticla jump, an 8-foot-7 broad jump and 25 bench presses.

7a. Cortland Finnegan, CB Samford (5-9 7/8, 188) ran the 40 in 4.35 and 4.33. He had a 44-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-8 broad jump, a 4.34 short shuttle, a 6.95 three-cone drill and 14 benches.

7b. Ben Ishola, LB Indiana (6-2½, 248) ran his 40s in 4.50 and 4.51, had a 34-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-1 broad jump, did the short shuttle in 4.12, the long shuttle in 11.99, the three-cone drill in 7.31 and put up 30 reps on the bench press.

Throughout the draft I was able to consistently draft BAP without reaching for need yet ended up selecting only two players in the same position (WR) and taking at least one player for each of the Chargers need areas. This draft improves the team in all areas except for TE (Gates), RB (Tomlinson), and FB.

Comments?

I'm pretty sure i got the very last pick of the draft. Don't i? Hell, i'm confused as well.

Here are the remaining picks:

215. Cincinnati

216. New York Giants

217. Miami (from Chicago)

218. Carolina

219. Tampa Bay

220. San Francisco (from Jacksonville)

221. Carolina (from Denver)

222. Tennessee (from Indianapolis)

223. Seattle

224. Pittsburgh

Tennessee Titans