Kyle Hamilton - can a reasonable case be made?

slimjasi

Would you consider Kyle Hamilton with our second first round draft pick?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider Kyle Hamilton with our second first round draft pick?

• Yes - ballhawk safeties are good
    • No
    • No - you are a bad fan and you should feel bad.
    • Maybe

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

i get what your saying. im just saying that JD had his chance to make the Safety position more solid but refuse to pay for it. 

if your JD you have to figure your plan worked and in 2026 we have been to a few playoffs and are a good team. cap space will be tight with all these 1st rd picks (Becton, AVT, Wilson ) getting big money plus guys like Moore and even Carter having to get paid. now add the Edge you draft this year and you got to be careful how you spread that money out. i just cant see JD paying him 17 mil in 2026.

im not sold on Stingley cause of the injury but yes the a CB you can shut down there top WR id more important than Safety. but for the record i rather go Edge and LB before we go CB. 

look at Adams 17.2 mil. it has hurt Seattle. Buffalo is paying 2 Safteys the same its costing Sea to pay one Adams. Seattle could have used the saved money to help in other areas. is it a coincidence that only 1 of the top 5 Safetys are on winning teams. (Arizona, Baker )

I will repeat that these guys are not giving a **** about a guy asking for too much money in 2026.  They have to get to the playoffs once before they worry about multiple playoff trips.  I thnk they'd be ecstatic if they end up having to pay Becton and Wilson.  Right now that is a longshot.  A first rounder in 2022 is locked up until 2027.  These guys will all consider themselves lucky to still be with this organization.

Interesting the way you cut that off at top 5, since the 6th, 7th and 9th safeties are with the Titans, Chiefs and Patriots. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will repeat that these guys are not giving a **** about a guy asking for too much money in 2026.  They have to get to the playoffs once before they worry about multiple playoff trips.  I thnk they'd be ecstatic if they end up having to pay Becton and Wilson.  Right now that is a longshot.  A first rounder in 2022 is locked up until 2027.  These guys will all consider themselves lucky to still be with this organization.

Interesting the way you cut that off at top 5, since the 6th, 7th and 9th safeties are with the Titans, Chiefs and Patriots. 

so you like how i cut that off...lol

ok 4 out of 10. but one of those guys McCourty is only make 1 mil more than Maye. i think 11.7 mil is good for a Safety.

• Upvote 1

I have considered this but just can't get on board with it. The key to this defense working is having a dominant edge rusher. I'd trade both our first round picks to ensure we get one of the top two edge rushers before I spend one of them on a safety. 2nd round looks like a good spot to get a starting quality safety in this draft.

In conclusion, you are a bad fan and should feel bad.