Jets sign Chatham

Smizzy

Jets | Team signs Chatham

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:19:28 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have signed free agent LB Matt Chatham (Patriots) to a three-year contract. No financial terms were disclosed, but the contract was described by agent Paul Sheehy as a "hybrid" in which Chatham, who had four career starts in six seasons with New England, can cash in if he wins a starting LB job in head coach Eric Mangini's defense

Isn't that the guy that blew up Soy Bomb at the Super Bowl?

If this guy signs, I'll trust Mangini on this one. If he's bringing him in from New England, he obviously believes the guy can play. I'm pretty sure Chatham is a special teams demon as well.

Chatham has always played well when he's been asked to play on the base defense....Because he's a former undrafted free agent, he's always been sterotyped as a "quality backup"....But he's a good athlete that could possibly do more, given a chance.

Even if he doesn't project as a starter, he brings a fiesty attitude to the defense and special teams, that can't hurt. I think the Patriots will try to re-sign him, so the Jets have to pay him fairly well and offer him a better chance to play.

He's from New England and he adds LB depth...also he'll be good for the Special Teams...he was in New England. He also like Rigs said has a fiesty attitude and that's something every team needs. Sign him.

This is a classic player of a "no name" player being looked at because he fits Mangini's type of player. Chatham knows Eric's system and is a solid backup and special teamer. Jets probably cleared out Barry Gardner just to look for a Chatham type and Kenyatta Wright may not be back next year.

Jets | Team signs Chatham

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:19:28 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have signed free agent LB Matt Chatham (Patriots) to a three-year contract. No financial terms were disclosed, but the contract was described by agent Paul Sheehy as a "hybrid" in which Chatham, who had four career starts in six seasons with New England, can cash in if he wins a starting LB job in head coach Eric Mangini's defense

Why is mine pushed to the end? You have it that they were meeting with him, not that he indeed signed, ass.:Nuts:;)

I don't know why it does that sometimes. I gave your thread top billing and yet it took your title and posted everything above your post. I didn't mean to do that.

Sorry 124.

I don't know why it does that sometimes. I gave your thread top billing and yet it took your title and posted everything above your post. I didn't mean to do that.

Sorry 124.

Oh I'm just bustin your chops Smizz...I really don't give a rats ass.:P

Archived