Congratulations Matthew Stafford

29 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Stafford is a someone easy to root for. Really class guy and like you said, @undertow, it speaks volumes that Detroit sent him to his preferred destination. Hope he knocks Tom Brady's Buccaneers out the playoffs next Sunday. 

It's comical and delusional that guys like Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers complain in the media about not getting support and demand trades when it couldn't be further from the truth... Brady's move has worked out for him but he really had nothing to complain about the guy jumped ship as soon as there was a down year.  Stafford is an example of never getting support not those guys. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, undertow said:

It's comical and delusional that guys like Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers complain in the media about not getting support and demand trades when it couldn't be further from the truth... Brady's move has worked out for him but he really had nothing to complain about the guy jumped ship as soon as there was a down year.  Stafford is an example of never getting support not those guys. 

Ehh, I think Wilson and Rodgers both have had some very legit complaints.  

Seattle has had OL issues for half a decade yet went out and spent two 1sts and a 3rd on a Box Safety.  

In GB they used high picks on a sh*t QB prospect and a goal line back in 2020.  

Replace Wilson or Rodgers with replacement level QBs the last few years and they’d have been awful teams.  As we saw this past year in Seattle when Wilson was hurt…

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ehh, I think Wilson and Rodgers both have had some very legit complaints.  

Seattle has had OL issues for half a decade yet went out and spent two 1sts and a 3rd on a Box Safety.  

In GB they used high picks on a sh*t QB prospect and a goal line back in 2020.  

Replace Wilson or Rodgers with replacement level QBs the last few years and they’d have been awful teams.  As we saw this past year in Seattle when Wilson was hurt…

Those guys have both been in the playoffs all their career surrounded by all pros...you can pick and choose bad moves from any franchise what those guys are doing is throwing fits as soon as things don't go their way to take pressure off their poor performances in big spots.  Seattle has collapsed but it's not because they haven't been aggressive in trying to improve the team or line and GB has always had a ton of talent they just never made a big splash in free agency.....which is why they are consistently good. 

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

Those guys have both been in the playoffs all their career surrounded by all pros...you can pick and choose bad moves from any franchise what those guys are doing is throwing fits as soon as things don't go their way to take pressure off their poor performances in big spots.  Seattle has collapsed but it's not because they haven't been aggressive in trying to improve the team or line and GB has always had a ton of talent they just never made a big splash in free agency.....which is why they are consistently good. 

Those 2 have also had very long careers with the franchises that drafted them.  In Rodgers’ case he’s been there even longer than Stafford was in Detroit.  

Yes, they had far more success than Stafford enjoyed.  But you’re making it sound like those 2 are ungrateful.  The way I see it, they’ve each earned enough clout to be able to complain when the direction of the franchise goes sideways.  Perhaps Stafford should have complained at times too?  Being a good soldier doesn’t necessarily help.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Those 2 have also had very long careers with the franchises that drafted them.  In Rodgers’ case he’s been there even longer than Stafford was in Detroit.  

Yes, they had far more success than Stafford enjoyed.  But you’re making it sound like those 2 are ungrateful.  The way I see it, they’ve each earned enough clout to be able to complain when the direction of the franchise goes sideways.  Perhaps Stafford should have complained at times too?  Being a good soldier doesn’t necessarily help.

I guess I see it the opposite way...if a organization has proven over a decade that they are putting you in a very good situation I wouldn't want that player to trash me publicly as soon as there's tough times.  You are right about Stafford tho he probably should have jumped ship a few years earlier. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/18/2022 at 9:02 AM, FidelioJet said:

Matt Stafford has had a tough road in the NFL and it's nice to see a player of his talent finally get that very allusive first playoff win.

Being on such a perennial bad team like Detroit for so long - just unable to put a team around him to help him win.  I say good for him for forcing his way out.

From a kid starting out having such a rough rookie year to - franchise QB on a bad team -  to finally being on a good team, having his best statistical season, playoff game winner and Super Bowl contender in year 13 of his career.

and just to think he was drafted #1 & Sanchez #5 in 2009.

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:02 AM, FidelioJet said:

Matt Stafford has had a tough road in the NFL and it's nice to see a player of his talent finally get that very allusive first playoff win.

Being on such a perennial bad team like Detroit for so long - just unable to put a team around him to help him win.  I say good for him for forcing his way out.

From a kid starting out having such a rough rookie year to - franchise QB on a bad team -  to finally being on a good team, having his best statistical season, playoff game winner and Super Bowl contender in year 13 of his career.

Saving this post so I can change "Matt Stafford" and "Zach Wilson" and "Detroit" and Jets, in the year 2025, then repost. 

• Haha 2