Sean Payton leaves Saints

doitny

6 hours ago, STLuLu said:

I like Saleh but let's face it, he's never gonna out duel Allen and McDermott. But Wilson and Peyton would have a fighting chance.  I say the Jets should offer Peyton whatever he wants in 2023.

My god people need to stop. It was one game. Jared Goff had several games similar that one year and he is nothing now. No NFL team is going to sustain play like we saw in that game over time. It's impossible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

My god people need to stop. It was one game. Jared Goff had several games similar that one year and he is nothing now. No NFL team is going to sustain play like we saw in that game over time. It's impossible.

Really? Which several games? I'm sure McVay is waiting for your answer too. Second, you're right...no team isn't going to sustain that level of play because of all the young stud QBs emerging in the AFC, no one team has to. The level of succession just got raised a higher level whether you like it or not.

2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Really? Which several games? I'm sure McVay is waiting for your answer too. Second, you're right...no team isn't going to sustain that level of play because of all the young stud QBs emerging in the AFC, no one team has to. The level of succession just got raised a higher level whether you like it or not.

Well he averaged 324 years/G in his last 6 starts in 2019, had games of 517, 424 and 395 yards and had 6 games over 339 yards in 2018 including 465 and 413 and went to the SB.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Well he averaged 324 years/G in his last 6 starts in 2019, had games of 517, 424 and 395 yards and had 6 games over 339 yards in 2018 including 465 and 413 and went to the SB.

All good but I don't recall him being dynamic. Plus, he's limited. He got held to 3 points in the Super Bowl when it counted. That's why he got shipped off to purgatory.

11 hours ago, STLuLu said:

All good but I don't recall him being dynamic. Plus, he's limited. He got held to 3 points in the Super Bowl when it counted. That's why he got shipped off to purgatory.

Josh Allen and Mahomes had a bunch of games where they were not dynamic either. Picking their best performances and making that sort of the minimum bar is just not realistic. Do the Jets need to be better? Yes Do they need to be better than what we say Sunday to compete and even win a SB? No. 

Also consider that a lot of what we say is defenses that were literally too tired to play defense. It was sort of a perfect storm type of game.