False Narrative 'Jets Have So Many Holes'

McNeil

On 2/25/2022 at 2:12 PM, McNeil said:

I can argue this narrative likewise has holes in it. For this primary reason: Zacharias Wilson.

When you have a QB playing at a high level in today's game, you can generally compete with any team and defeat a bunch of others. See: Jets vs. Tampa, as one example. Wilson looked great that day, he belonged on that field every bit as much as Brady. Yes obviously one game does not an elite QB make. Lest we forget everyone gushing over Darnold in a similar late-season situation vs Green Bay & A-aron Rodgers (A-aron = Key & Peele bit - great stuff).

Great QB play is more value added than ever.

So if Zach begins attaining the potential the Jets, myself & many see - suddenly what seemed like a team full of holes, can be a team that's a tough out.

Ask Texan fans if elite QB play equals a successful  team. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with the premise—that a good Zach Wilson will lift all ships—the problem is that Wilson was so, so bad that literally everyone not named Braxton Berrios looked horrible out there playing with him, and there’s little reason to believe anyone wants to play with or for him, and that he’s going to get any better. Everyone looked amazing playing with Mike White and Josh Johnson, but looked inept with Wilson, and everyone knows it but Saleh forced Wilson on them anyway, even after his Darnold-esque midseason breakdown/vacation with the gimpy leg. 

By any measure the Jet’s roster has multiple holes. We are hopeful Zach Wilson can fill one of them at QB, that Becton comes back to become the player we want him to be and that JD will fill our grocery bag with solid, dare I say, great players. But right now we are in the bottom quarter of the league, both on the field and on paper.

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Jets defense was horrible last year.  All units  can use help on that side of the ball. We need to see 5/6 different starters on that side opening day, minimum 

gotta be honest I wouldnt care if the defense sucked again. Id go all in on offense to hopefully get it functioning.