Official screw Abrahams's lifestyle thread

SouthernJet

Here is my take on the whole Abe thing.

If the Jets can not get equal value for him you have to keep him.

The Jets should sit down with Abe and say look what do you need to stay here? Then tell him what we need from him as a Jet.

There is no reason to sell ourselves short on this situation and settle for a second round pick. As a matter of fact I will lose all respct I have for this new regime if they settle for that and I would bet that this is the very discussion taking place at Jets HQ right now.

Abe's slate would be wiped clear in my book if this happened.

if he wont sign/w seatlle tryin to force our hand w/atlanta,,,screw him,,

either keep him as a treansition this year or if he refuses to play we are off hook for salary,,

but this isnt a loyal warrior like curtis or chrebet etc,,,

dont reward this turd and settle for crap from atlanta,,eat the bullet if needed to send a message to turds

if he wont sign/w seatlle tryin to force our hand w/atlanta,,,screw him,,

either keep him as a treansition this year or if he refuses to play we are off hook for salary,,

but this isnt a loyal warrior like curtis or chrebet etc,,,

dont reward this turd and settle for crap from atlanta,,eat the bullet if needed to send a message to turds

I would rather have a happy Abe on the field than an unhappy one. We have the cap to give him the deal he wants. Also Abe has no history with Mangini so this is a fresh start. I have no doubt that Mangini could get more out of Abe than Herm did. Also, there can be some negotiating in terms of clauses in his contract that would esculate his salary for playoff games played and even incentives to play OLB so that he works hard to transition to his new position. I do not see the point in having him miss camp when this is a whole new defense he needs to learn.

I would rather have a happy Abe on the field than an unhappy one. We have the cap to give him the deal he wants. Also Abe has no history with Mangini so this is a fresh start. I have no doubt that Mangini could get more out of Abe than Herm did. Also, there can be some negotiating in terms of clauses in his contract that would esculate his salary for playoff games played and even incentives to play OLB so that he works hard to transition to his new position. I do not see the point in having him miss camp when this is a whole new defense he needs to learn.

no way we sign this thug to a long term deal, he never comes thru when we need him and he is one bad test away from a 4 game suspension

Okay, it's about time for the management to put the foot down. Abe should STFU and go where we tell him. We still own his a$$. :Nuts: They should tell him: 'you have 2 choices...1) go play football in seattle, or 2) spend the year on your couch getting drunk and pi$$ing your career away. Choose.'

we could always kidnap his daughter or bribe her to say how much she loves seattle, tell him asian women like black men too
....This is not only racist but the stupidest **** I have ever read on this board. How are you going to sit and talk about a mans child in that kind of way. His child and family have nothing to do with this whole situation. If you want to down the man, his supposed lifestyle, and person then you can do that I guess. But to include his family and his child is just plain disrespectful and uncalled for. You and everyone on this board sickens me with this whole John Abraham crap. You all act as if you have never made mistakes or have questionable things happen to you and for that this man has to be trashed incensely. And this constant calling him a thug is another thing I despise. Is he a thug because he is black or are you basing it all on his style of dress and jewelry or because of the music he listens to. This is all racist and unacceptable. I guess Curtis is a thug too then. I've seen him in hats and chains, so have I seen shaun ellis and chrebet used to and all these other players that you all don't call thugs. This is offense to me and I wish you all would debate facts and be adult about situations instead of name calling and throwing anything into the mix to trash a person. This bringing his child up is definately unacceptable and if this is the trash I have to read when Im on this board I won't be on it at all.

....This is not only racist but the stupidest **** I have ever read on this board. How are you going to sit and talk about a mans child in that kind of way. His child and family have nothing to do with this whole situation. If you want to down the man, his supposed lifestyle, and person then you can do that I guess. But to include his family and his child is just plain disrespectful and uncalled for. You and everyone on this board sickens me with this whole John Abraham crap. You all act as if you have never made mistakes or have questionable things happen to you and for that this man has to be trashed incensely. And this constant calling him a thug is another thing I despise. Is he a thug because he is black or are you basing it all on his style of dress and jewelry or because of the music he listens to. This is all racist and unacceptable. I guess Curtis is a thug too then. I've seen him in hats and chains, so have I seen shaun ellis and chrebet used to and all these other players that you all don't call thugs. This is offense to me and I wish you all would debate facts and be adult about situations instead of name calling and throwing anything into the mix to trash a person. This bringing his child up is definately unacceptable and if this is the trash I have to read when Im on this board I won't be on it at all.

I was with you until you lumped everyone on this board in with this stupidity. based on that fact alone, you lowered yourself to near the same level. You wanna leave? I have no problem with that either.

I was with you until you lumped everyone on this board in with this stupidity. based on that fact alone, you lowered yourself to near the same level. You wanna leave? I have no problem with that either.
...Listen here sweetie....if you have said anything of the sort than you are included in that statement. Trust me when I say...all those here that don't stoop to that kind of name calling and nonsense like have been said in this thread is not worrying about that part of what I said. They know who they are and they dont do those things. Now those who do resort to name calling and ridiculous statements like the one made about his daughter know who they are and they will take that statement personally. If you didnt say anything derrogatory in this thread or at anytime period there is no need to respond. The people here that resort to those kind of tactics know who they are and they won't like what I said at all. People know me here and they know what Im about and they know what kind of person I am so I haven't lowered myself now or ever will I. If you want to type something....get on those that are writing the nonsense you seem to agree with me about. Im not grouping anyone they all know who they are and Im glad it doesnt bother you if I leave or stay it shouldn't I wasn't talking to you.

Archived