Yankees | Wright injures back

Smizzy

Yankees | Wright injures back

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:27:26 -0800

Mark Feinsand, of Yankees.MLB.com, reports SP Jaret Wright (back) is suffering from back spasms, starting while he was fielding a bunt. While the severity of the injury is not known yet, as of now Wright is expected to be back for the start of the season.

Waste of money. Nothing like having 3 SP's with bad backs.

I think this solidifies both Wang and Chacon in the starting rotation :)

rotation:

1-johnson

2-pussina

3-wang

4-pavano when healthy (gets paid too much to be sent to the bullpen)

5-chacon (possibly the best pitcher on the team besides RJ)

out of the picture:

1-Aaron Small (10-0 dammit, damn you Pavano and your large contract)

2-Jaret Wright (injured hopefully for awhile)

Jaret Wright is one of the worst signings the Yankees made in a while. What made the Yankees let Lieber go, after performing well in the playoffs, for this guy is beyond me. I was pulling my hair out when they wanted this guy.

I agree 100%. I was very happy with Jon lieber...his stuff was coming around and he looked good.

Mistake.

Good. He sucks. He's better for the team on the DL.

1. Johnson

2. Mussina

3. Chacon

4. Wang

5. ??? Hughes? Small?

Hughes has no chance in 2006. None what-so-ever.

It will be the names above, or kids like White, DeSalvo or Henn.

I agree 100%. I was very happy with Jon lieber...his stuff was coming around and he looked good.

Mistake.

Yankees mis-read the market, believeing that 8 million was to high for a middle rotation guy like Lieber. Then Omar signs Benson to 22 million, and all **** broke loose. So guys like Lieber, Wright, et al, all got 7 million per deals.

Thanks Omar.

Yankees mis-read the market, believeing that 8 million was to high for a middle rotation guy like Lieber. Then Omar signs Benson to 22 million, and all **** broke loose. So guys like Lieber, Wright, et al, all got 7 million per deals.

Thanks Omar.

LOL ....so Omar is responsible for team payroll misjudging pitching talent yet again?

Lieber was a no brainer MBN. The Yanks have noone to blame but themselves on that one.

LOL ....so Omar is responsible for team payroll misjudging pitching talent yet again?

Lieber was a no brainer MBN. The Yanks have noone to blame but themselves on that one.

You are so far off on this it's pathetic. Yankees did not mis-judge pitching talent at all.

Omar raised the market much more then anyone figured. Yanks were dealing with re-signing Lieber to a 2 year deal in the 12 million range. But when Bensoin got that rediculous 3 year, 22 million deal, all bets were off.

Yankees decided that 3 years, 21 + million for Lieber was too much. Thye picked Wright (Thanks Tampa faction :Cuss: ). Time will tell if Lieber was worth 3 years or not.

But any dolt, except for the idiots at Tampa running the Yankee ship at that time, knew Wright was a waste at 3 years.

All this was reported many times over in all teh local media papers at that time. Search any of them for the facts.

In addition, the Yankees were bent on getting "power" pitchers last offseason.

Good thing is Tampa isn't in charge anymore, Cashman is, so we should see less bonehead decisions like signing Wright and Womack over Lieber and Cairo, and Randy Johnson over Beltran, Vazquez, Halsey, Navarro.

Hughes has no chance in 2006. None what-so-ever.

It will be the names above, or kids like White, DeSalvo or Henn.

Oh god, please, PLEASE, no Henn, please.:Cuss:

Hopefully Small will be givin the #5 duty until Pavano returns.

But it's like every year, you don't really need a #5 until May with all the off days in April.

Archived