The wonderlic kid coming in for a private workout

NIGHT STALKER

Jets | Team will have Young in for private workout

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:05:41 -0800

Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports the New York Jets have scheduled Texas QB Vince Young for a private workout, according to his agent Major Adams.

there are two very good reasons why the Jets do this - #1 smokescreen #2 research

if VY goes to another team in the conference or division anything the team learns will be good information for the future.

damn,,great point Bit,,

actually a Belly-like thought process,,

future research,,luv it

there are two very good reasons why the Jets do this - #1 smokescreen #2 research

if VY goes to another team in the conference or division anything the team learns will be good information for the future.

I agree and there's one thing about the lack of Youngs Brain Power that reminds me of what was said about Terry Bradshaw in the early 70's..

They said Bradshaw couldn't spell Cat if you spotted him the C and A.

Dumb or not he played some dam good football!

I agree and there's one thing about the lack of Youngs Brain Power that reminds me of what was said about Terry Bradshaw in the early 70's..

actually not a bad analogy,,

Teh Bradshaw comment is not totally on par. Bradshaw played at Louisiania Tech, which as I understand it, was a pro set offense which required Bradshaw under center and getting a read on defenses and looking at coverages. Bradshaw was possibly "dumb" as a student, but certainly not as a football player.

Young's offense did not have under center as much, and he was as I saw it, less reading defenses and more improvising. Maybe i am wrong in that impression.

Whether Young has football "smarts" I think is still open for debate. but I believe Bradshaw to be certainly more seasoned thatn Young is in adapting to teh pro game and the nuances

Teh Bradshaw comment is not totally on par. Bradshaw played at Louisiania Tech, which as I understand it, was a pro set offense which required Bradshaw under center and getting a read on defenses and looking at coverages. Bradshaw was possibly "dumb" as a student, but certainly not as a football player.

Young's offense did not have under center as much, and he was as I saw it, less reading defenses and more improvising. Maybe i am wrong in that impression.

Whether Young has football "smarts" I think is still open for debate. but I believe Bradshaw to be certainly more seasoned thatn Young is in adapting to teh pro game and the nuances

no, ,,savage is spot on,,

bradshaw in EARLY career was considered football dumb also , ,not that it was right, but that was the tag early in career,,both dumb on and off field,,but he proved them wrong, but early in career he had that rap,, they even nicknamed him Lil Abner,,,

no, ,,savage is spot on,,

bradshaw in EARLY career was considered football dumb also , ,not that it was right, but that was the tag early in career,,both dumb on and off field,,but he proved them wrong, but early in career he had that rap,, they even nicknamed him Lil Abner,,,

My point, more directly is that Bradshaw had a head start on his football knowledge based on the offensive set, and teh requiremnts of that set, than a Vince Young does in an improv mode.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think Bradshaws prep was more entering the pro league

*3 for a laugh

i wonder if they will provide coloring books and building blocks at the workout...

Which is exactly what VY will do once he hits the pro's. ;)

My point, more directly is that Bradshaw had a head start on his football knowledge based on the offensive set, and teh requiremnts of that set, than a Vince Young does in an improv mode.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think Bradshaws prep was more entering the pro league

true, he was better prepped as far as system,,

but he got the same dumb football label early on,,

alot of people and bradshaw himself now say it wasnt football 101 dumb, but country hick lacking the poise some of the other players got from football powerhouse schools etc,,

Archived