2022/2023 NBA thread

maury77

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’ll bet anyone here $1M Nuggets win

Not betting against you there!  Only question is whether its a sweep or a 5-game series.

Erik Spoelstra has been getting compared to some of the greatest coaches in NBA history lately and I'd like to see that come to a swift end.

• Upvote 2

I really have never seen anything like Jokic.  This dude is unreal.  Finals debut, triple double and one of the most efficient games I've ever seen played in the Finals..  His ability to set up his teammates is incredible for a big man.  By far the best passing big man I've ever seen.  The Nuggets were 14-22 off his passing?  And he just doesnt miss.  It's so incredible to watch.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really have never seen anything like Jokic.  This dude is unreal.  Finals debut, triple double and one of the most efficient games I've ever seen played in the Finals..  His ability to set up his teammates is incredible for a big man.  By far the best passing big man I've ever seen.  The Nuggets were 14-22 off his passing?  And he just doesnt miss.  It's so incredible to watch.

Watching a Jokic highlight package from last night’s game and the first 6 are all passes, lol.  He had 6 assists with over 3:00 left….in the 1st Quarter.

Heliocentric.  

They're a fine tuned "team". Gordon was talking about it before the game. Murray, Gordon, MPJ, all of the first 8,9, guys.

This is why I watch the NBA. The hope that an interesting team rises above the star teams like what the Nets tried to become. Think a lot of Heat fans not familiar with Denver had any idea it was not just Joker dominating because of the shine he gets but lack of hype the Nugs get

It's a rarity in what the NBA has become

28 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Why the **** isn’t there a game on tonight? I ******* hate this sh*tty world with sh*tty people making sh*tty decisions with sh*tty reasoning. Seriously are they trying to ruin everything 

I hear you man. Nothing makes any sense half the fockin time lol

Back to the series. Murray had a tremendous game too. Imo he's better now than before the injury. They couldn't control him. He's very savvy and intelligent.

I'm just hoping they keep it up. Part of me thinks things could get worse for Miami. But I'm not counting on that. Gotta respect them, they're tough

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Why the **** isn’t there a game on tonight? I ******* hate this sh*tty world with sh*tty people making sh*tty decisions with sh*tty reasoning. Seriously are they trying to ruin everything 

NBA playoffs already feel like they last 6 months and they do everything in their power to drag them out even more.

F**king stupid.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Gabe Vincent is going to get paid.  What a post season for this dude. 

Unreal to go from a relatively obscure role player to the 2nd most important player on a team that just pulled off a Finals Game 2 upset in the hardest place to win (due to altitude).

Spoelstra really shut me up.  The Heat are operating like a mid-major college team:  Playing zone, living and dying by the 3, etc.  All they may have done was just ensured Denver could finish this at home in Game 5 but it’s impressive nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Best basketball player in the world is a big slow white guy that doesn't like to jump.

Happy that Denver won. 

Jimmy Butler also proved in these playoffs that he is a STUD who can carry a team on his back. Bam is a stud also! Spoelstra best coach in NBA

I hate the Heat organization (Riley) & am glad they lost.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jimmy Butler also proved in these playoffs that he is a STUD who can carry a team on his back. Bam is a stud also! Spoelstra best coach in NBA

I hate the Heat organization (Riley) & am glad they lost.

They got the maximum out of that team to their credit.  So many other teams with multi super stars fail each year.

• 1 month later...