JFM penalty

Titan24

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What kind of flaming agenda driven bullsh*t is this?  I know you have your thing, but this is a joke.  The Patriots are a sh*t O, playing on a short week.  That chicken armed crybaby was just coming back.  They scored sh*t for the half and from that call for the next 20 minutes of game time the D looked mediocre at best.  That drive to open the half?  It was an embarrassment.  I don't see what Sanchez has to do with any of this or why you keep bringing that squid up.  Hasn't he been retired for almost a decade? 

They allowed 1 TD all day dude.  I get that Mac Jones sucks and all, but pitching a shutout isn't a thing.  The D didn't have a great day, but putting a sizable chunk of blame on them or even the CS in any way (especially given how well they'd done the last 4 weeks) for a game that was there for the taking with any semblance of competent QB play?  Come the f*ck on.  

I bring up Sanchez because it read like Sanchez-era excuse making.  Simple as that.  

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They allowed 1 TD all day dude.  I get that Mac Jones sucks and all, but pitching a shutout isn't a thing.  The D didn't have a great day, but putting a sizable chunk of blame on them or even the CS in any way (especially given how well they'd done the last 4 weeks) for a game that was there for the taking with any semblance of competent QB play?  Come the f*ck on.  

I bring up Sanchez because it read like Sanchez-era excuse making.  Simple as that.  

It is not a matter of pitching a shut out and it is not a matter of blaming them for the  loss.  After the penalty they were flat.  They looked like they forgot how to play for a quarter.  

Now, as far as reading comprehension goes, which one of us is making excuses?  I did not blame the loss on the D or say the D was in any way related to Wilson sh*tting the bed.  I said the team was flat and looked lost after the penalty robbed them of 7 points.  Then YOU started making excuses for the D.  If anything, that I blame on the coaching.

18 hours ago, Titan24 said:

That was the killer…….did not affect the pass…..was a bad play.   Saleh was livid.   That play  holds up the game is over. 

that play holds without penalty….Zach hands it off all day and team is 6-2. 

1. That play was huge but was NOT the determining factor in the game. The game is NOT over if JFM pulls up and doesn't hit Mac Jones. There is a FULL half to play and the Pats could have come back even if Zach changes the way he plays and starts playing conservatively because the Jets have a nice lead. 

2. That was NOT a blatant penalty. everyone wants to pile on JFM for committing an awful penalty. Well, it was not a terrible penalty- could have happened to anyone. He didn't hit the QB in a dangerous, blatant way. He wasn't blatantly late. He simply went through the QB instead of pulling up. This is one of the more difficult rules for pass rushers/d-linemen to adhere to. Sometimes the flag comes out if you just fall on the QB wrong- they call it 'driving him into the ground'. 

3. This penalty is getting so much attention because the Jets happened to get a pick 6 on it. If this was a Pats completion or simply an incomplete pass, it would not have been such a huge deal. This was a really bad time to draw a penalty, but nobody could have known it was going to be a pick 6, you simply can't predict that. Hindsight is 20/20. 

4. Everybody talking about benching JFM is insane. He is one of our best D-linemen up there with QW and Lawson. Those 3 guys ARE the D-line, with some very solid depth behind them. You DO NOT bench JFM because of a penalty like this. Again, this was NOT a blatant penalty. To suggest that he should miss a game or critical snaps purely based on this penalty is absurd.  

5. I'm sure he wasn't too happy with JFM. But the defense was playing great in that game. Saleh seemed to be WAY more livid with the refs.  

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Unprovable.

Regardless, what did happen is our QB was needed to step up and carry the team and he instead gave the game away at every turn.

it's unprovable but maybe the patsies don't start the second half and muster a long drive to take the lead.  it seems like after the patsies took the lead the jets game started to fall apart.  wilson started making more iffy throws and they stopped running.

18 hours ago, usanyj said:

Thought this was a bad explanation… “too hard” too hard shouldn’t be a penalty on that, late? Ok. But that explanation would drive me insane.

DB28E609-2BCA-4039-951D-C2E615A7427C.jpeg

That is absurd. Are they out there with some measuring device, measuring the hardness? 

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Should not have to overcome the refs ridiculous calls what seems to be every game. You cant not call Garrett Wilson getting suplexed on his first catch after the whistle blew because a separate defender stopped his progress and then penalize JFM. I watched CJ Mosely have what looked to be a clean INT reversed against Denver only to see a Patriots defener intercept Zach that looked like half his body out of bounds. The Jets should not have to beat the other team and the refs. Not acceptable

Surprised Saleh didn’t challenge that 

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

it's unprovable but maybe the patsies don't start the second half and muster a long drive to take the lead.  it seems like after the patsies took the lead the jets game started to fall apart.  wilson started making more iffy throws and they stopped running.

I agree, maybe. It should not be argued as assured. It’s intellectually dishonest.