JFM penalty

Titan24

Let's be honest, as we saw Jones crumple to the ground, we knew the flag was coming. I didn't even celebrate.  I'm still waiting on a flag for the first Jets touchdown.

Officiating was terrible today, as they have been all year. It's a poor product to watch, but we still watch it. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, hawk said:

We can all jump on JFM for hitting the QB, but it is a bullsh*t penalty.  It wasn't really late.  He didn't come down on him.  He hit the QB.  It happens several times a game, on both sides.  The Stat is QB hits.

The explanation wasn't It was late.  It wasn't defenseless it was too hard.  

Bullsh*t call.

That's what he was going for - a QB hit on the stat sheet was more important to JFM than hurting the team with an obvious late hit.  It's Saleh's job to hold him accountable.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

How many times does he have to extend drives with stupid roughing penalties before someone glues his butt to the bench?

If you're going to punish Mims and Moore for perceived slights, this guy has to sit until he learns some discipline.

Since Saleh like to rotate linemen (and I'm not knocking it, it seems to be effective thus far) replace him on 3rd down. 

11 hours ago, Titan24 said:

That was the killer…….did not affect the pass…..was a bad play.   Saleh was livid.   That play  holds up the game is over. 

that play holds without penalty….Zach hands it off all day and team is 6-2. 

Roughing the QB after the ball has been thrown never effects the play but you can't do it and JFM did and it turned the complexion of the game in NE's favor very quickly. We went from totally blowing this team out because we could have unleashed a pass rush at 17-3 that was already giving them problems to a 10-6 game and NE getting the ball back at the half. Dumb play and no excuse for it.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Titan24 said:

That was the killer…….did not affect the pass…..was a bad play.   Saleh was livid.   That play  holds up the game is over. 

Garrett Wilson gets suplexed on his first catch after the whistle blew because a separate defender stopped his progress. An obvious call in front of the refs and mind you we are the home team. Road team getting the late hit penalty to reverse a pick 6. You cant make this up

• Upvote 1

I was kind of hoping to move JFM this offseason, he is very expensive, we could use more picks, and we can probably get a DT in the 3rd, if necessary to fill the gap. I believe much of JFMs success has to do with playing next to Quinnen. We desperately need OL and we also need LB and FS. Moving JFM may get us a second day pick and would free up a ton a cap space.

24 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Didn’t like the call, however Jets had plenty of time to recover from this.

Pats were handing this game over on a silver platter in the 4th quarter.

Should not have to overcome the refs ridiculous calls what seems to be every game. You cant not call Garrett Wilson getting suplexed on his first catch after the whistle blew because a separate defender stopped his progress and then penalize JFM. I watched CJ Mosely have what looked to be a clean INT reversed against Denver only to see a Patriots defener intercept Zach that looked like half his body out of bounds. The Jets should not have to beat the other team and the refs. Not acceptable

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even in a hypothetical universe where the JFM play never happens, we still probably have a 75+ % chance of finding a way to lose this one.  

Get over it.

While we will never know,  I don’t agree. The Jets have a solid defense, and as bad as Zach was yesterday, he probably would have been able to play in the 2nd half with a 17-3 lead like he did in Green Bay and Denver (manage the game and be conservative.) The Patriots would have had to take more chances on offense rather than play back and feast off our mistakes.

• Upvote 1

WTF? How many logic jumps are you affording yourself?

How about: If Zach didn't throw an INT a few plays before, then JFM wouldn't have even been on the field to make the penalty? How about, instead of throwing the INT, if Zach acted like a FQB and took the ball and went down the field to score 7, the Jets would be sitting much prettier heading into the locker room at half, and the pats would have been more demoralized?

The JFM penalty sucked, and it hurt - but he should have never been in position to make the penalty. He should have been on the bench along with the rest of the D watching Zach take the pats soul. But Zach is ******* hot garbage, so here we are.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, usanyj said:

Thought this was a bad explanation… “too hard” too hard shouldn’t be a penalty on that, late? Ok. But that explanation would drive me insane.

DB28E609-2BCA-4039-951D-C2E615A7427C.jpeg

This is what I thought it was about also. The hit wasn't  late. I was thinking he must have hit thebQB in a way that unacceptable 

17-3 no chance 

I'm old enough to remember when the pats were down 28-3 in the second half of a pretty big game and came back against the NFL MVP and a sure fire 1st ballot HoFer.

Meanwhile, Zach can't even throw the ball away without giving it back to the other team, so...................

• Upvote 2

I don't understand how the NFL expects these DL to just stop.  It's their job to get to the QB. To expect a 250-300+ lb guys going 100% to do their job to instantly pull up and stop isn't reasonable.  Talk about players blowing their knees and Achilles out. 

AND if this is going to continue by the NFL it really is a disadvantage to Saleh's D because the pass rush drives his D....

I actually agree that call cost us the game.  I hear a bunch of whining about coaching and other nonsense.   Generally I see things on both sides of the coaching argument, but curling up in a ball after that call?  That is on the coaches and the "culture."  Especially when they had half time to get it right.  Belichick, is a scumbag, is generally going to be better at halftime adjustments than other coaches, but that was ******* ridiculous.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually agree that call cost us the game.  I hear a bunch of whining about coaching and other nonsense.   Generally I see things on both sides of the coaching argument, but curling up in a ball after that call?  That is on the coaches and the "culture."  Especially when they had half time to get it right.  Belichick, is a scumbag, is generally going to be better at halftime adjustments than other coaches, but that was ******* ridiculous.  

The team didn't curl up into a ball after the JFM play.  Zach Wilson did.

15 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

It definitely hurt, BIG TIME. That call on Mosely was horrible too. It extended their drive and I think it gave them points, don't recall for sure. Saleh said the Refs told him that Mosley hit Mac too hard. The NFL, jeez.

The call on Mosley was a bad call. The call on JFM was correct.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Garrett Wilson gets suplexed on his first catch after the whistle blew because a separate defender stopped his progress. An obvious call in front of the refs and mind you we are the home team. Road team getting the late hit penalty to reverse a pick 6. You cant make this up

The refs were watching the roughing penalty.  Jones was stopped short of a first down.  They called roughing because while he was diving for the first down and our linebacker had the audacity to hit him.  He is a runner in that situation, but they gave him prima donna QB status on that play.  Again, a third down stop became a first down.

As far as JFM, the refs know he hits the QB late and are going to call it on him until he stops.

I don't know if the Jets win the game without the penalty but it sure would have improved their chances.  It was a very avoidable hit. I believe JFM just wanted to get in a hit on the QB. DUMB is all I can say.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The call on Mosley was a bad call. The call on JFM was correct.

Agreed.  Mosely was a horrible call.  Also change of possession.  JFM has a rep for late QB hits.  That's 4 of them in the last 20 games, all on 3rd downs that went incomplete extending drives.

Lack of discipline, like the personal fouls they were committing every week.  They stopped that.  Time to have a serious talk with JFM.  Just the slightest effort to miss him would have avoided the call.  

Saleh has to clean up the undisciplined play in all aspects.  Too many penalties. especially the really bad ones for personal fouls and roughing the passer.  Funny how the really stupid ones seem to occur on third down and mostly incompletions.  We seem to have more penalties that affect change of possession than any other team.  If Saleh expects to build a winner, that has to stop.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

From the penalty until halfway through the 4th quarter, the Jets stopped them one time.  Okay, the field goals weren't all chip shots, and some came off the turnovers, but still.  The D did not exactly step up.

This sounds like Mark Sanchez era excuse-making.  This is the NFL.  Teams score points.  Holding to FGs after getting put on short fields all day is a strong defensive performance.  The defense didn't let the team down yesterday.  

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

From the penalty until halfway through the 4th quarter, the Jets stopped them one time.  Okay, the field goals weren't all chip shots, and some came off the turnovers, but still.  The D did not exactly step up.

My only issue with the defense in the game yesterday was letting them get 7 on their first drive of the 2nd half. The defense had a chance to stop their momentum on that drive and couldn’t do it. 

But the game still falls on Wilson and JFM. More so on Wilson than anyone else - he’s the most important person on the field and he made too many mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This sounds like Mark Sanchez era excuse-making.  This is the NFL.  Teams score points.  Holding to FGs after getting put on short fields all day is a strong defensive performance.  The defense didn't let the team down yesterday.  

What kind of flaming agenda driven bullsh*t is this?  I know you have your thing, but this is a joke.  The Patriots are a sh*t O, playing on a short week.  That chicken armed crybaby was just coming back.  They scored sh*t for the half and from that call for the next 20 minutes of game time the D looked mediocre at best.  That drive to open the half?  It was an embarrassment.  I don't see what Sanchez has to do with any of this or why you keep bringing that squid up.  Hasn't he been retired for almost a decade? 

Jets D played well enough to win.

Pats had field goal drives of 0, 34, and 16 yards.  The Jets O had 3 turnovers, the Pats still scored a total of 22 points, 288 total yards, 3.8 yards per play.

On 3rd and 4th down, they converted 7 of 21.  That penalty was a killer, and cost a touchdown, the issue was the offense and turning the ball over.   With young Zach, you can not call 43 passes and 15 runs, that is a recipe for losing.