NFL | M. Jean-Gilles Pro Day results

Smizzy

NFL | M. Jean-Gilles Pro Day results

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:20:51 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Georgia OG Max Jean-Gilles measured 6-3 3/4 and weighed 343 pounds at his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 23. He had 31 bench presses and stood on his other NFL Combine results

If he gets in the right system, and his weight is kept under control, he has a chance to be an all pro for a very long time.

I wouldnt use a 1st rounder on him(or any guard for that matter) but early 2nd round, he'd be an awesome pick for the Jets. Let him learn behind Kendall for a year, and watch him become a long term anchor for our running game.

If he gets in the right system, and his weight is kept under control, he has a chance to be an all pro for a very long time.

I wouldnt use a 1st rounder on him(or any guard for that matter) but early 2nd round, he'd be an awesome pick for the Jets. Let him learn behind Kendall for a year, and watch him become a long term anchor for our running game.

I would have him compete for the RG spot with Brandon Moore.

May the best man win, and Gilles would probably win!

I'm pretty sure Kendall will play center. Mawae is gone and I don't know of another center we picked up this offseason so I would say the odds are pretty good he will be snapping the ball this year.

you guys are bashing Jean Gilles about his weight that's like bashing a young Larry Allen for his weight - the dude has been over 320 since he was 18 years old, this is not like a guy getting lazy and putting on weight, he's a bonafide monster and arguably the best guard prospect for close to a decade... since Larry Allen!

the dude is an absolute road grader.

you guys are bashing Jean Gilles about his weight that's like bashing a young Larry Allen for his weight - the dude has been over 320 since he was 18 years old, this is not like a guy getting lazy and putting on weight, he's a bonafide monster and arguably the best guard prospect for close to a decade... since Larry Allen!

the dude is an absolute road grader.

Or like that poster that said Vilma was to light to play ML! I agree with you Bit!!:cheers:

I'm pretty sure Kendall will play center. Mawae is gone and I don't know of another center we picked up this offseason so I would say the odds are pretty good he will be snapping the ball this year.

We will either have a drafted player at center for this year, or Norm Katnik who has looked very good in practice, will be there. If Kendall plays center for us, we are in serious trouble.

Or like that poster that said Vilma was to light to play ML! I agree with you Bit!!:cheers:

the exact statement was that _AS IS_ vilma was too light to play MLB - that statement was made after the draft, and people should remember that in between minicamps and training camp of his rookie year, vilma actually did gain about 15-20 pounds of muscle.

ps- Tex and Savage you guys know what I say so much you'd think you were stalking me! don't make me get a restraining order like maxman did for Shane :Nuts:

ps- Tex and Savage you guys know what I say so much you'd think you were stalking me!

Look bit, let's get one thing perfectly straight, I respect the hell out of your opinion.

You have been right far more often them you have been wrong.

Kuddos to you and Riggs, and I love how they keep plugging your site down here on SportsTalk 610 in Houston.

But the bottom line, DFat is a huge bust for what the Jets gave up for him.;)

Look bit, let's get one thing perfectly straight, I respect the hell out of your opinion.

You have been right far more often them you have been wrong.

Kuddos to you and Riggs, and I love how they keep plugging your site down here on SportsTalk 610 in Houston.

for what we gave up for him I dont think there was ever a chance he would have been able to be worth it. Same goes for Eli Manning, as good as he will ever be I dont think he'll ever be worth what they had to give up for him.

I stand by the statement all draft picks are not created equal. 2003 was an exceptionally weak draft. Yes if the Jets gave up all those picks in this draft it would be alot worse - bottom line the picks turned out to be Ty Warren, Rex Grossman and Ian Scott. 2003 was so frigged up by the end of the draft Terry was taking players that have never been featured in any english language draft guide. Seneca Wallace was a 3rd round pick. Dan Klecko was a 4th round pick. It was just a sub par year, and in such a year, having so many picks isn't necessarily a strength.

Archived