DeAndre Hopkins

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Eh, it depends. Metcalf panned out, but someone like a Stephen Hill didn't. 

QJ has everything you want in a WR prospect.  The game speed, the size, hands, route running technique.  The only issue with him is he may not fall to where we pick but I also love Addison too

Hill’s only tangible quality was his 40 time and size.  Even Rex knew he was going to suck the day he was drafted

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For the cap nazis: Cap numbers for the next 2 years if traded (prorated bonus goes to cards)

2023: 19,450,000

2024: 14,915,000

Cutting Davis & Berrios would save over 15mm in 2023 cap.

He is 30 years old which tends to be sort of a cliff for WR's. Even so, this is a clear upgrade over Davis. I wonder what kind of value he'll pull in trade.

Do it!  We need a chain moving possession type guy anyway if he loses a step.

8 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

QJ has everything you want in a WR prospect.  The game speed, the size, hands, route running technique.  The only issue with him is he may not fall to where we pick but I also love Addison too

Hill’s only tangible quality was his 40 time and size.  Even Rex knew he was going to suck the day he was drafted

Looks like QJ is projected to go around 11, so he could fall.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

After DK Metcalf I don’t think anyone pays too much attention to college production anymore at the WR position 

I'm definitely a production over projection guy... but to each their own.

For me it's  draft capital- college production- declare year- 40 yard dash - BMI in order of importance but an atrocious 40 or BMI will knock a player of my draft board entirely. Draft capital is king.

Based on that this WR class does not have me super amped production wise but well see where draft capital and combine gets them.

Looks like it’s a done deal. Only a matter of time. The Jets missed on Hill/AJB/Deebo/Cooper last year and that gave us the gift of Garrett Wilson. Letting Corey Davis walk or making him take a pay cut and trading a mid round pick for Hopkins would give the Jets an elite receiving room