Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

9 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Good lord, you are thick. 

Besides the fact Rodgers would essentially throw a tantrum and refuse to start, you then have Jordan Love pissed off after telling him all off season it was his team and his time. 

Nothing you say makes any sense. Could the Packers keep 2 QBs? Sure, but it comes at a massive detriment in terms of cap cost, hamstringing their ability to fill out a roster.

That move also manages to piss off both QBs

Rodgers hates guttenkurst

He's doesn't hate green bay

He doesn't hate his teammates

So it sounds like you haven't thought this through...

Why is Jordan love pissed knowing he's the future?

There is no situation forcing the Packers to do anything. As much as jets fans are screaming and yelling, guttenkurst can just wait until the jets give in

6 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Because he is going to request a trade, if Rodgers is the starter, so that he can prove to be a starter. There is no situation where Rodgers starts for Green Bay AND Love is on the roster.

The Packers are set to exercise Love's fully guaranteed 5th year option in 2 weeks, meaning they are then on the hook for even more money in a Love trade.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Because he is going to request a trade, if Rodgers is the starter, so that he can prove to be a starter. There is no situation where Rodgers starts for Green Bay AND Love is on the roster.

The Packers are set to exercise Love's fully guaranteed 5th year option in 2 weeks, meaning they are then on the hook for even more money in a Love trade.

Why is Love asking for a trade when he is the guaranteed future starter?

He's not due an extension for two years...

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Being on the hook with the Love for 3 years doesn't ultimately matter. They can afford it. 

12 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Because Rodgers is extremely flakey and is a narcissist 

So instead of getting him we should use a 1st round pick to draft a player that sucked in college because “common sense”

31 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Why in the blue hell would the Packers not start Rodgers. 

Good lord 

Because he won't be on the team.   Because they need to decide if Jordan Love is the next great thing in GB or if they need to go back to the drawing board...   

5 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Why is Love asking for a trade when he is the guaranteed future starter?

He's not due an extension for two years...

Probably because he wants to make big guaranteed money, which he won't receive if he doesn't prove he cam play before then.

19 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

There is no situation forcing the Packers to do anything. As much as jets fans are screaming and yelling, guttenkurst can just wait until the jets give in

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066465-packers-insider-a-chance-jordan-love-requests-trade-if-aaron-rodgers-starts

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Just wrong. It doesn't matter if AR loves his teammates and the city. He doesn't want to play there this upcoming season. He went on a show and said his plans are to play for the NYJ not the Packers and that the Packers are holding up the trade.

If you really think AR is gonna come through the door and willingly start at QB for the Packers this year after they dragged this whole trade process throughout the offseason and essentially sabotaged it then I have a bridge to sell you

• Upvote 1

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Just wrong. It doesn't matter if AR loves his teammates and the city. He doesn't want to play there this upcoming season. He went on a show and said his plans are to play for the NYJ not the Packers and that the Packers are holding up the trade.

If you really think AR is gonna come through the door and willingly start at QB for the Packers this year after they dragged this whole trade process throughout the offseason and essentially sabotaged it then I have a bridge to sell you

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

I expect a trade will occur but it's not going to occur until after June 1. I suspect the terms of the contract are done or effectively done. By delaying until June GB can split the 2023 dead cap for Rodgers across two years. 

I'm definitely here to see the agony when a deal isn't made by the end of the draft.

5 minutes ago, ptisme said:

3 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

" Bleacher report"

Ask yourself if the Packers are under this imaginary deadline, why isn't the trade already done?

How could Love not be pissed off. In your imaginary world where Rodgers is back starting for GB, why wouldn't Love ask for a trade. 

At the end of the day, Love (all players) are looking for a pay day. The only way Love can get it is by show casing his talent. Rodgers being back and starting for multiple years because he pissed off at the front office is going to piss Love off because he wants an opportunity to play. 

This imaginary situation of yours also doesn't bring into account other factors like how having both QBs on the roster hamstrings the team tremendously

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

How could Love not be pissed off. In your imaginary world where Rodgers is back starting for GB, why wouldn't Love ask for a trade. 

At the end of the day, Love (all players) are looking for a pay day. The only way Love can get it is by show casing his talent. Rodgers being back and starting for multiple years because he pissed off at the front office is going to piss Love off because he wants an opportunity to play. 

This imaginary situation of yours also doesn't bring into account other factors like how having both QBs on the roster hamstrings the team tremendously

Love is already getting a payday and the opportunity for a bigger payday because the Packers are picking up his option and he is going to start in the near future.

He's not even truly eligible for anything for 3 years

4 th year 

5 th year option

Franchise tag...

Again the Packers don't have to do anything 

14 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I expect a trade will occur but it's not going to occur until after June 1. I suspect the terms of the contract are done or effectively done. By delaying until June GB can split the 2023 dead cap for Rodgers across two years. 

I'm definitely here to see the agony when a deal isn't made by the end of the draft.

Why would the packers want the extra cap money for this year?

8 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Love is already getting a payday and the opportunity for a bigger payday because the Packers are picking up his option and he is going to start in the near future.

4 th year 

5 th year option

Franchise tag...

So you'd like my team to pay rodgers 100 million AND franchise a guy we've never seen play???   LMFAO

9 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Yes the QB position in the NFL is that important. It won't come to that but again the Packers can simply sit back and let woody scream and yell until he gives guttenkurst what he wants 

So i'm not sure if you are aware of this but we are called "Titletown".   Our goal is to surround Jordan Love with all the resources he needs to bring home another championship.   Not ruin any chance of putting a competitive football team together by shooting ourselves point blank in the balls.   Again, the Packers fall back option would be to find another team, not have Rodgers  in our locker room destroying the culture and the cap.

14 minutes ago, ptisme said:

So you'd like my team to pay rodgers 100 million AND franchise a guy we've never seen play???   LMFAO

23 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

4 th year 

5 th year option

Franchise tag...

I can't anymore. With every response, you prove you have no idea what you're talking about.

Even the Packers fan here knows your ideas are stupid and terrible for their team. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ptisme said:

So i'm not sure if you are aware of this but we are called "Titletown".   Our goal is to surround Jordan Love with all the resources he needs to bring home another championship.   Not ruin any chance of putting a competitive football team together by shooting ourselves point blank in the balls.   Again, the Packers fall back option would be to find another team, not have Rodgers  in our locker room destroying the culture and the cap.

You can do both.

Just now, bgivs21 said:

I can't anymore. With every response, you prove you have no idea what you're talking about.

Even the Packers fan here knows your ideas are stupid and terrible for their team. 

Thanks to my sixth grade educated brain no less!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You can do both.

No you can't.   How many good players could we have on our team because of what we'd pay rodgers?   How many good players could we have on our team because we're paying Jordan Love top five franchise tag money?   If Love plays good this year he will likely get a middle of the road extension half way through the year like they did with Rodgers in 08'.   The cap will go up but it will go up for everyone and we wouldn't be competitive allocating twice as much money as any other team to QB.  Rodgers will not be in GB...   I'm done....