Turf finally being replaced at Met Life

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Multi Billion Dollar company can't figure out how to grow grass.

I'm not exactly a Jets apologist but it's a tall order to have 2 teams Jets and giants play an NFL game there every week and have that turf survive 17 weeks 

Especially when the grass stops growing in NJ halfway through November 

Arizona has a state of the art grass field they wheel it outside for sunshine and they over watered it and it was garbage for the super bowl 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not exactly a Jets apologist but it's a tall order to have 2 teams Jets and giants play an NFL game there every week and have that turf survive 17 weeks 

Arizona has a state of the art grass field they wheel it outside for sunshine and they over watered it and it was garbage for the super bowl 

Hmmm , were any of the Shula's involved  ? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Even though the avt and breece injuries happened in Denver, I wonder how much the wear and tear from the met life turf contributed 

AVT tore his tricep so I'd say the Metlife turf minimally impacted that one. Breece only played what, 3 or 4 games at home? They practice on grass so that seems equally unlikely. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Anything can be accomplished with this.  It’s just a matter of cost.

EPL teams play matches every week on pristine, perfectly manicured natural grass.

The top teams sometimes play multiple matches per week due to UCL, FA Cup, League Cup, whatever, etc.

And those players run continually, trampling the pitch for 90+ minutes.

In NFL games, there’s actually like 7 to 10 mins of actual action.  The rest is just a running play clock.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Even though the avt and breece injuries happened in Denver, I wonder how much the wear and tear from the met life turf contributed 

2 of the 3 prior games were also road games. Hall hadn't even touched the ball 50x (1/3 of them pass plays, and however-many where he just ran OOB without cutting hard) at MetLife before getting 22 touches in Lambeau, and then came the Denver game.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Kyler Murray tore his ACL on Arizona's grass.

Someone posted a stats-list of ACL injuries and the per-game list for FieldTurf ACL-injury rates didn't exceed that of grass.

If this is an upgrade, and that upgrade is less likely to have players sustain injuries, that's a good thing all the same.