Turf finally being replaced at Met Life

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Thanks. 
Actually I’ve enjoyed watching the team the past 50+ years, it’s the fans i don’t like.

#conundrum 

Hey.

I thought we were friends?

you even called me a degenerate the other day - in a loving kind of way

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Because Aaron Rodgers has that on his demand sheet? 

he demanded the JETS log be at midfield... then realized its just letters with a football dropped over JETS... and said nah... NFL log is fine

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Carrier-Infinity-Install-Photo-4-on-5-19VSus-bank-stadium-hks-minnesota-minneapoli

Metlife was designed to stop the swirling wind and still provide a real stadium for football.

That is some fancy glass but I don’t watch games from a drone outside the building 500 yards away.

If your goal is to pack 80k racing fans into a classic style stadium with perfect sight lines… Metlife wins and captures what a true sports fan would care about.

If you like pretty glass and cool angular steel… sorry

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

Metlife was designed to stop the swirling wind and still provide a real stadium for football.

That is some fancy glass but I don’t watch games from a drone outside the building 500 yards away.

If your goal is to pack 80k racing fans into a classic style stadium with perfect sight lines… Metlife wins and captures what a true sports fan would care about.

Fair .. but failed analysis .. one is an inspired piece of architecture .. the other is a lazy cash grab. If you are sighting sightlines at Metlife as a plus .. you have NEVER been to the upper level. Its one of the most lacking stadiums I have ever been to in this regard. Unless your bring your own Hubble telescope.

usbank16957.jpg

metlifestadium-1024x268.jpg

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fair .. but failed analysis .. one is an inspired piece of architecture .. the other is a lazy cash grab. If you are sighting sightlines at Metlife as a plus .. you have NEVER been to the upper level. Its one of the most lacking stadiums I have ever been to in this regard. Unless your bring your own Hubble telescope.

usbank16957.jpg

US Bank Stadium photo taken with this:

camera GIF

MetLife photo  taken with this:

Adult Swim Photo GIF by Rick and Morty

5 hours ago, Beaver said:

What new turf are they putting in?     Going to grass?   

going with astro turf.

seriously though - there are different types of field turf and one specific type was shown to have more injuries on it than others. The NFLPA asked all teams using that type to replace it with the other type. We of course had the injury turf.

that's my vague recollection of why it's being replaced - possible I got some details wrong.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Perfect sight lines unless you are in the upper deck.  From up there the players look like little green dots.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

usbank16957.jpg

This is a standard VS wide angle shot… nice try though.. where did the stadium touch you??? ?

8A2926DD-6A5C-44E5-A849-113E56234831.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Perfect sight lines unless you are in the upper deck.  From up there the players look like little green dots.

Welcome to any 3 level soccer/football stadium that holds 80k+ fans

Metlife was in fact applauded for having the seats closer to the action than they were at giants stadium 

Just now, ECURB said:

C2FE653F-40A0-4C2B-8619-97E56DE9020B.jpeg

Also other than the massive screen what is nicer about watching the game from this seat?

You all are just being design divas… ignoring that Metlife was designed to reduce wind on the field… and did…

8 hours ago, ECURB said:

Nobody would be bitching if the team was winning. Also I know people are full of sh*t because they claim somehow Giants stadium was better. That was an actual dump.

Oh ok, so now we move the goal posts? It’s all about winning all of a sudden? The Jets were winning in 2010 and everybody hated the new place except you and Sar. Wait, how many home playoff games have you been to in MetLife again? Extremely happy with myself for dropping the Jets out of the plane after the 2007 season. 1978-2007 lol they wouldn’t stop calling me for 3 years after that. 

And I could care less what you think about giants stadium. (Watch me not get butt hurt) It was a HUGE upgrade from a real sh*thole (Shea stadium) and I went to every home playoff game there (85 patriots,86 chiefs,98 jax and 2002 Indy).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Also other than the massive screen what is nicer about watching the game from this seat?

You all are just being design divas… ignoring that Metlife was designed to reduce wind on the field… and did…

Dude, you need an ice pack? Holy sh*t are you sensitive about that place :rl: 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ECURB said:

I agree that what it looks like from the outside is somewhat immaterial, and is better left up to people who are better informed about that kind of thing. (And my brother is an architect, I worked with architects, and worked for their association, the AIA, for 7 years.) But I also own up to having pretty poor taste in many things. 

My big objection to MetLife is that you have be a bird of prey to see anything from the upper deck, where a low budget low life like ... myself would be seated. Bad enough you can't read the jersey names, but you can hardly see the numbers. I get it - they wanted a second row of luxury boxes, which raised the entire upper bowl. But I think there still must have been a better way - and I hate to suspect that it was a budgetary, rather than a construction design problem that led to it being built the way it is.

8 hours ago, ECURB said:

Eh, swirling winds?

1) this is the first time I ever heard about the anti wind design, you just make this up?

2)That was Shea stadium with swirling winds and garbage tornadoes. Giants stadium was enclosed just like MetLife, but had a garage door beyond the end zone exit that when left open would create a wind effect. I think parcells was the only coach to use it to his advantage with the giants. Jets coaches were too stupid to figure it out.

• Upvote 2