Most accurate mock drafter has the Jets…

Larz

I rarely post in here, cut me a little slack lol

as far as I can tell, Brendan Donohue has been the most accurate over the last 5 years. I’m bad at formatting, so please be kind. 

13 Jets Broderick Jones OT Georgia

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2023-nfl-mock-draft-brendan-donahue/

1 Panthers C.J. Stroud EDGE Ohio St.
2 Texans Bryce Young QB Alabama
3 Cardinals Will Anderson EDGE Alabama
4 Colts Anthony Richardson QB Florida
5 Seahawks Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech
6 Lions Jalen Carter DL Georgia
7 Raiders Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon
8 Falcons Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia
9 Bears Peter Skoronski OL  Northwestern
10 Commanders Will Levis QB Kentucky
11 Titans Paris Johnston Jr. OT Ohio St.
12 Texans Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio St.
13 Jets Broderick Jones OT Georgia
14 Patriots Darnell Wright OT Tennessee
15 Packers Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa
16 Eagles Calijah Kancey DL Pittsburgh
17 Steelers Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State
18 Lions Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson
19 Buccaneers Darnell Wright OT Tennessee
20 Seahawks Jordan Addison WR USC
21 Chargers Bryan Bresee DL Clemson
22 Ravens Quentin Johnston WR TCU
23 Vikings Deonte Banks CB Maryland
24 Jaguars Adetomiwa Adebawore DL Northwestern
25 Giants Zay Flowers WR Boston College
26 Cowboys Bijan Robinson RB Texas 
27 Bills Dawand Jones OT Ohio St.
28 Bengals Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame
29 Saints Will McDonald EDGE Iowa St.
30 Eagles Bryan Branch DB Alabama
31 Chiefs Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

Would apparently be the first time four quarterbacks went in the top ten.

Seeing guys like Levis and Richardson in the top 10 is why the smarter move is to build your roster and keep taking swings at QB in other rounds.  I understand how important QB is but the statistics show how slim the chances of hitting on a QB outside of the first overall pick is.

You have a much better chance of finding a long term starter at another position and having a roster in place when you do find a QB

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Seeing guys like Levis and Richardson in the top 10 is why the smarter move is to build your roster and keep taking swings at QB in other rounds.  I understand how important QB is but the statistics show how slim the chances of hitting on a QB outside of the first overall pick is.

You have a much better chance of finding a long term starter at another position and having a roster in place when you do find a QB

I think the risk reward is fine outside the top ten, especially on a physically talented guy who the team won’t play right away, but it’s terrible in the 2-5 range. Even 6-10 is okay, but really hard to hit on someone 2-5.

19 hours ago, derp said:

I think the risk reward is fine outside the top ten, especially on a physically talented guy who the team won’t play right away, but it’s terrible in the 2-5 range. Even 6-10 is okay, but really hard to hit on someone 2-5.

Here's an interesting recap on every time QBs went 1-2.  

https://www.nfl.com/photos/quarterbacks-selected-1-2-in-nfl-draft-0ap3000000654240

The one time 1 was bad and 2 was good was in 1999 (Couch/McNabb).  Twice 1 was good and 2 sucked (Manning/Leaf, Bledsoe/Mirer.  Not sure what to do with Luck/RG3.  And then Plunkett/Manning (Archie) was the one time both had good careers.

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

https://www.nfl.com/photos/quarterbacks-selected-1-2-in-nfl-draft-0ap3000000654240

The one time 1 was bad and 2 was good was in 1999 (Couch/McNabb).  Twice 1 was good and 2 sucked (Manning/Leaf, Bledsoe/Mirer.  Not sure what to do with Luck/RG3.  And then Plunkett/Manning (Archie) was the one time both had good careers.

I think in the last roughly 20-25 years we hit the point that quarterbacks get pushed up in the drafts, and before that it wasn’t really the case. Still believe that there’s a special guy who’ll succeed pretty much wherever every few years - he usually goes first overall - and shy of that guys need support and development.

Now we get guys who historically definitely would have not gone top five going to terrible teams with the expectation that they’ll elevate them when it’s just not likely. Continues to be a spot teams should draft and develop. That goes for the guys who go top five and shouldn’t and also the guys who get forced first overall.

The rookie wage scale changes the calculus a little because if you can get average QB play on a rookie deal that’s huge, and I think drafting for that and the off chance the rookie hits as a franchise guy is fine as long as it’s viewed from that lens and the team is very careful about evaluating him before extending and considers picking up draft capital to go get somebody else when his rookie deal expires in case they need to cut bait.

Unfortunately the Jets are 1/3 on having top five picks produce average play - though only the one came into a good situation. Wouldn’t mind seeing them pick up extra capital to try to get into the low teens for a rookie when Rodgers is done (assuming that gets finalized). Think they’d have a good situation and that’d be reasonable in terms of what they’d need to give up.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Me thinks you're missing a few years there.....

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

I gotta be honest everyone is saying OT but I don't see it

You or I might do it but jd seems pleased as punch with Duane brown, Becton and max Mitchell. 

As for this mock If Yancey goes 16 he's worth 13. Aaron Donald was also undersized also a beast at Pitt and also went 13

Somehow qw is their best player yet dt is their non qb biggest need 

They also could always go with the wr from Ohio St again