Buyer Beware on Fergie (from PFT)

Gang Green Girl

As Jets defensive tackle Jason Ferguson prepares to hit the open market, the thinking is that there will be plenty of demand for the eight-year veteran and former seventh-round draft pick.

But there's a concern in some circles that, once Ferguson gets paid, he'll puff up and turd out with his new team, growing fat off of his signing bonus and the two-year-or-so security it provides.

"Once he gets the coin he will slack off," said a league source. "That's his M.O."

I totally agree with this assessment ... that's why I've been advocating for months that we let fergy walk and sign Pat Williams

1. Pat Williams is a better player

2. Pat Williams is a bonified mountain man DT

3. Pat and fergy will likely cost similar money

4. Fergy already has a track-record of playing well during his walk year, signing a contract extension, and then disappearing for two years .. only to re-emerge as a player once again during his walk year

5. Pat Williams has the opposite track record ... each time he has signed an extension he continued to be the same player, a dominant run-stuffing mountain man

I totally agree with this assessment ... that's why I've been advocating for months that we let fergy walk and sign Pat Williams

1. Pat Williams is a better player

2. Pat Williams is a bonified mountain man DT

3. Pat and fergy will likely cost similar money

4. Fergy already has a track-record of playing well during his walk year, signing a contract extension, and then disappearing for two years ... only to re-emerge as a player once again during his walk year

5. Pat Williams has the opposite track record ... each time he has signed an extension he continued to be the same player, a dominant run-stuffing mountain man

6. Pat Williams would allow Hendu to mess with the 3-4.

"Ahem..."Puff Up And Turd Out"???? Pardon me, but I don't think so. That sounds like the entertainment at Maxman's last birthday party. But for Fergie? C'mon. The only time he did the "PU & TO" was when Al Groh made him want to take his gelatenous, harpoon-scarred belly and roll off into the dimisnishing sunset, a third plate of chicken & waffles tucked under his arm. He played like a Sooper Trooper this year and even got Dwayne Robertson to slenderize a little...and that line was solid, despite a so-so year from Shaun (The Good Shaun, not the Demon Seed) and John Abe going awol (don't tell me about Pro Bowls..!)...the really real key to the whole deal was that he helped Bryan Thomas come into his own...WE NEED FERGIE!!!!

And we also need to hear more about Maxman's parties!!

• 2 years later...
As Jets defensive tackle Jason Ferguson prepares to hit the open market, the thinking is that there will be plenty of demand for the eight-year veteran and former seventh-round draft pick.

But there's a concern in some circles that, once Ferguson gets paid, he'll puff up and turd out with his new team, growing fat off of his signing bonus and the two-year-or-so security it provides.

"Once he gets the coin he will slack off," said a league source. "That's his M.O."

just want to bump and give some love to JN's first post to use the word turd. like so many other things in history, a woman was the first but has been denied her place in jets history by the patriarchical (and homosexual) management. GGG you are my idol and i base my entire career here on the new era this post spawned.

just want to bump and give some love to JN's first post to use the word turd. like so many other things in history, a woman was the first but has been denied her place in jets history by the patriarchical (and homosexual) management. GGG you are my idol and i base my entire career here on the new era this post spawned.

So throughout history, women have stolen credit from men? That post was from another source, she did not write it. First to paste it on JN I guess...

Archived