Question about streaming/vpn

So I moved to Seattle recently and I'm looking to pick up a streaming package that is VPN friendly so I can watch the Jets.  I signed up for Hulu's live TV package but it doesn't let me fool them with my VPN location.  Anyone out of New York know if like YouTube TV, Fubo, or Sling are more VPN friendly?  I'd rather not pay the $400 or so for the full NFL package on YouTube TV.

I was successful in using VPN with youtubeTV last year. However, if every device you own isn’t using VPN, then eventually YTTV gets wise and it becomes an issue.

I see ExpressVPN, which doesn’t seem to be able to function at the router level. Just per device. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I’ve been in the same boat trying to use a VPN with streaming services, and it can be a real pain when they keep blocking it. I had some success with YouTube TV, but it’s not always reliable.

I can hold my cellphone up to my TV for 50 bucks a game . Course it might get thrown at the TV knowing the Jets.

It does suck that there is no ala cart programming.. like. .. just buy one team

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 8/3/2023 at 3:24 PM, SpartanJet said:

So I moved to Seattle recently and I'm looking to pick up a streaming package that is VPN friendly so I can watch the Jets.  I signed up for Hulu's live TV package but it doesn't let me fool them with my VPN location.  Anyone out of New York know if like YouTube TV, Fubo, or Sling are more VPN friendly?  I'd rather not pay the $400 or so for the full NFL package on YouTube TV.

@Darnold Schwarzenegger gave me some information. Haven't gotten it yet as I am waiting until we are a little closer to the season opener. He had some great things to say along with pricing. PM him. He's a great source

On 8/3/2023 at 12:24 PM, SpartanJet said:

I live in the Phoenix area. I use youtubetv and I have used expressvpn for years but have found out that the BEST tool is the GPS emulator app. You download both to your phone, set the app to ny. When you have to verify your location do it on the phone. Been using this for about 5 years running with no issues. Always verify location with your phone. 

Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2023 at 1:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

I was successful in using VPN with youtubeTV last year. However, if every device you own isn’t using VPN, then eventually YTTV gets wise and it becomes an issue.

I see ExpressVPN, which doesn’t seem to be able to function at the router level. Just per device. 

check my post, I use the same tools you do sir

• Lith locked this topic