Jets Training Camp Updates Aug 6

Lith

10 minutes ago, derp said:

I’ve long thought that Johnson would end up more of a solid all around Bryan Thomas or Calvin Pace eight-ish sack a year with good run defense type than a high end pass rusher and I would love it if he makes me eat some crow on that take.

The difference in explosion was noticeable in his HOF game snaps 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Holds the ball for 3+ seconds in a shells drill is bad process. 

Don't disagree, it was his third read there - but he was still about a second too late.  Lazard was already out of his cut for a second or two.  Needs to be faster.  But it's way better than it was. Progress.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't disagree, it was his third read there - but he was still about a second too late.  Lazard was already out of his cut for a second or two.  Needs to be faster.  But it's way better than it was. Progress.  

You’re there today?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

You’re there today?  

No.  Wish I was!

Just saw the clip.  

Lazard was, what looked three yards away from the defender by the time the ball got there.  Just seemed late to me.  get the ball to him as soon as he gets out of his break is what I would want to see.

Aaron Rodgers to Mecole Hardman, a simple route/concept with tremendous YAC opp. Great route by MH, beating Langford nicely. AR places it in stride. 

Again, the #Jets first team is really enjoying the AVT-MM combo on the ground. This is by far the high point for the rushing attack all summer. Nothing flashy; just sound unit blocking at POA.

• Upvote 1

Too bad they don't just hand the jets sacks for getting around their olineman in real games unlike all of these 'so and so gets a sack' comments.

Also I'm old as hell and can't relate to modern music, just as I used to drive my old man nuts with my choice of music.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2