Jets Training Camp Updates Aug 6

Lith

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

These two just can't stay on the field...

Linebackers Chazz Surratt and Hamsah Nasirildeen left the Hall of Fame Game with injuries, which provided the impetus for Saturday’s moves

Surratt played really well.  I think he sticks with the team.  Nasirildeen looks like a long shot.

My understanding is that Surratt's injury wasn't major but it IS a hamstring which can take several weeks to heal.

Jets are signing some bodies for camp at LB.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Surratt played really well.  I think he sticks with the team.  Nasirildeen looks like a long shot.

My understanding is that Surratt's injury wasn't major but it IS a hamstring which can take several weeks to heal.

Jets are signing some bodies for camp at LB.

Surratt injured his hamstring last season when he was called up to the 53. I like them both. Just seems they can't stay on the field

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Practice going to get started soon. 

August 6 version, also known as the 15th anniversary of the Brett Favre trade.    Lets hope the current version of the "Acquire a future HOF QB from the Packers" strategy ends better than the first try.

I think the fact that he is teaching the whole team how to make each rep count as well as working with the defense as to what he see that gives him trouble and things that he sees that are a weakness makes it a better strategy than what the Favre area brought.

If he can make Zach a worthy starting QB down the road will make this a huge success.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think the fact that he is teaching the whole team how to make each rep count as well as working with the defense as to what he see that gives him trouble and things that he sees that are a weakness makes it a better strategy than what the Favre area brought.

If he can make Zach a worthy starting QB down the road will make this a huge success.

Agree.  It is a completely different feel with AR than Favre.  AR seems to really want to be here and has embraced being a Jet.  For Favre, it was an exit strategy from GB and a temporary stop on the way to Minnesota.  

Just win games this year and next.  Make the playoffs and maybe make a run and its a success.  Anything we might get out of Zach would be an unexpected bonus to me. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This derp game you play is so worn out. Why do you insist on acting like an injured thumb on your throwing hand isn't a big problem? Go hit your thumb with a hammer and try throwing a football and get back to us.

Gotta say, I loved the usage of "derp"

derp
INFORMAL
exclamation

1. used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action.
    "Lower tax rates and far lower job creation. Derp"
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This derp game you play is so worn out. Why do you insist on acting like an injured thumb on your throwing hand isn't a big problem? Go hit your thumb with a hammer and try throwing a football and get back to us.

Do you think playing NFL QB with a broken toe would be easy?

The question is will they create a similar decline in his play?

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 3