The struggle for every Jet fan right now

2 minutes ago, Jet Redemption said:

Man Chuckie hijacked this discussion thread. We get it bro. You think he sucks and will never improve. No need to beat a dead horse. I hope you’re wrong and the kid is able to find some success in the league. All I know is I will be rooting for him, you can see the kid cares and he’s trying. It was different last year he almost seemed entitled. Tough to root for. This year not so much, I believe he’s been humbled and it shows. If he continues to regress then it’s back to the drawing board but in the meantime I’ll remain cautiously optimistic. Always have to have a little hope friend but I guess you’ll be watching the Giants on Sunday so it doesn’t matter.

I'll root for Zack until he plays himself out of the league or makes me eat my words. I'm just sick and tired of the sh1tty QB's this team has drafted over the last 20 years and the extra year that the Jets invariably give them to prove what everyone already knew. 

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Eat it a$$hole.. 

Maybe I've been blinded by your abject stupidity, but nowhere in my original comment do I literally say that Zack Wilson should have better stats in garbage time like DJ had in Arizona. The point was obvious to most, and I made several follow up comments that make it abundantly clear what the point was for folks like you in the cheap seats, but you just can't reconcile this for some reason. That's on you, my man.  "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."  

Keep on keepin' on.....

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Maybe I've been blinded by your abject stupidity, but nowhere in my original comment do I literally say that Zack Wilson should have better stats in garbage time like DJ had in Arizona. The point was obvious to most, and I made several follow up comments that make it abundantly clear what the point was for folks like you in the cheap seats, but you just can't reconcile this for some reason. That's on you, my man.  "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."  

Keep on keepin' on.....

My point stands that you ignore... ZW was better against the same defense.. And who is objectively being stupidly arrogant that doesn't disprove anything I have said. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'll root for Zack until he plays himself out of the league or makes me eat my words. I'm just sick and tired of the sh1tty QB's this team has drafted over the last 20 years and the extra year that the Jets invariably give them to prove what everyone already knew. 

I get it dude. It’s painful watching an organization miss draft pick after draft pick on QB prospects while passing on guys like Mahomes and Allen. We just missed out on Lawrence and instead we get Wilson. Infuriating. But I don’t think it’s all on the QB either. What was the state of the team when he got there? Who was the OC? QB Coach? What the OL any good? What weapons did he have at his disposal? Was he rushed out there when he wasn’t ready?
Ask yourself this: Did Zack Wilson even have a chance to succeed his rookie year?

So maybe, with a better (hopefully) supporting cast, better coaching staff (hopefully) and more experience we will be able to see a better version of the player we drafted 3 years ago. He certainly has the arm talent and mobility. Just a thought 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Everybody needs to chill IMO,

What we know is Rodgers believes in Zack and was successfully mentoring him though that has now been paused... Zack respects Rodgers and was/is displaying growth in fundamental areas he had sucked at like happy feet, stepping up in the pocket, running forward from the pocket when the defense had their backs turned on pass plays, etc. Willie Colon said after losing to Dallas that they need to let him play as he is displaying new confidence and with that you have to accept some interceptions at times. Making him play safe is wrong... either way by seasons end we will either have a valuable backup/future starter or he'll be gone.  

Just now, Jet Redemption said:

I get it dude. It’s painful watching an organization miss draft pick after draft pick on QB prospects while passing on guys like Mahomes and Allen. We just missed out on Lawrence and instead we get Wilson. Infuriating. But I don’t think it’s all on the QB either. What was the state of the team when he got there? Who was the OC? QB Coach? What the OL any good? What weapons did he have at his disposal? Was he rushed out there when he wasn’t ready?
Ask yourself this: Did Zack Wilson even have a chance to succeed his rookie year?

So maybe, with a better (hopefully) supporting cast, better coaching staff (hopefully) and more experience we will be able to see a better version of the player we drafted 3 years ago. He certainly has the arm talent and mobility. Just a thought 

Again... I like you... You understand the point I am trying to make... 

Chukkie tried to prove DJ would have been better and by no metric this year is there proof of that... 

ZW had a rough second year... His rookie year was basically the same as DJ... This year will prove a lot... 

Nobody should take the Dallas game that DJ played worse in as a metric to how bad ZW is... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Redemption said:

I completely reject the notion that Zack wasn't given enough around him to succeed.  We used the same excuse for Darnold, and he's still not good and on his third team. At what point is a QB supposed to sink or swim based on his own talent? A good QB is the one who is supposed to elevate the players around him, not the other way around. In the modern NFL game, rookie QB's come into the league and are either immediately good (cumulatively) over their first season, or they're not, and the one's who come into the league and are bad, stay bad. Not too many examples over the last 10+ years of a QB who was bad the first few years of his career and magically turns it around in year 3 or 4. Those players are unicorns. Sadly, I don't think Zack is a unicorn.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

My point stands that you ignore... ZW was better against the same defense.. And who is objectively being stupidly arrogant that doesn't disprove anything I have said. 

Jones - 15/28, 104 yds, 0td, 2int

Wilson - 12/27, 170 yds, 1td, 3int

I see two equally AWFUL stat lines. If this is the hill you want to die on that Zack Wilson was definitively better against Dallas, you are a lost cause. 

• Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I completely reject the notion that Zack wasn't given enough around him to succeed.  We used the same excuse for Darnold, and he's still not good and on his third team. At what point is a QB supposed to sink or swim based on his own talent? A good QB is the one who is supposed to elevate the players around him, not the other way around. In the modern NFL game, rookie QB's come into the league and are either immediately good (cumulatively) over their first season, or they're not, and the one's who come into the league and are bad, stay bad. Not too many examples over the last 10+ years of a QB who was bad the first few years of his career and magically turns it around in year 3 or 4. Those players are unicorns. Sadly, I don't think Zack is a unicorn.

Zack has had some big misfortune in his NFL experience nothing more sadly then the passing of Greg Knapp. I honestly feel Rodgers has been the only one able to coach him with the knowledge comparable to what was lost with the tragic accident that took Greg Knapp. Rodgers is field experience, Knapp was 25 years learned while watching the best

Watch Greg talk about what he saw in Zack :

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=566650974&rlz=1CAJPEZ_enUS962&sxsrf=AM9HkKmMXxiVXfYnXSn_zDQkJVMNczovhQ:1695145338294&q=Greg+Knapp+and+Aaron+Rodgers&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiwy-y9nLeBAxXvFVkFHT-WAW4QBSgAegQICBAB&biw=1200&bih=626&dpr=1.6&bshm=rimc/1#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:eb6f2ed1,vid:pQVQxxuot7Y,st:0

• Upvote 1

If ZW had been drafted by NE and embarrassed the organization as such with his ugly tape and immaturity, he would have been benched within 2 games and long gone by now.

Belichick would also have trampled his face with extreme prejudice with the bottom of his Reeboks prior to showing him the exit door.

Instead of the mollycoddling and excuse making, maybe it’s time for some tough love and harsh realities?

Like tell him he either starts playing better than dogsh-t or he’s freaking done and will have zero future in the league?

If I were Woodrow, I’d be fuming that my #2 overall pick looks like a POS out there on the football field, repeatedly embarrassing me and my franchise.

They have tried to create this ridiculous cocoon for ZW to insulate him from the realities and scrutiny of being the starting QB for the NYJ.

It’s not going to work, and only makes them look stupid and weak.

• Upvote 1

if youre looking for happiness from the Jets, or have any expectations other than to be let down, your taking the wrong approach with this team. It took me a long time to realize that, but once I did, it made being a Jets fan much easier. I watch them, I root for them, I hope they do well, if they ever happen to win big it would be awesome, but I have zero expectations other than incompetence.

At the end of the day Woody Johnson is an incompetent owner, and barring him lucking out, we will suck as long as he owns the Jets. Its a hard fact but its the truth.

He hires the wrong people for the wrong reasons. We will never have a really good competent coach, so instead we get sh*tty coaches, sh*tty GM's, and sh*tty results.

When expectations are highest for the Jets, Its when things are about gauranteed to come crashing down.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jbt said:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times 

Mr. Dickens, could you please refresh my memory?  When was it the best of times? 

Speaking of contradictions, I am too young to remember Super Bowl III and yet, I'm old enough to feel the clock is running out, and I probably won't be alive when this team wins it's 2nd Super Bowl.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, ChuckkieB said:

Daniel Jones was down by 21 but yet he somehow managed to keep himself and his team focused, made play after play, and eventually won the game for them in dramatic fashion. This notion that because the Jets were down big it somehow excuses Wilson from abhorrent play is ABSURD.  How many more 1 TD, 3 INT games do some of y'all need to see before moving on from Zack Wilson?  He will NEVER be a legit NFL QB.  

How about that Daniel Jones.... He is so dreamy.. 

simon cowell GIF

Take out the the second half of the Cardinals game and do you know how many points 'The Daniel Jones' has led the team to score in a 4 games played???? 

countdown muse GIF by Clio Awards

A whole TD less then the amount of times he was sacked on Monday... 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield