Marvin Harrison Jr.

Lupz27

On 11/22/2023 at 11:05 AM, Adoni Beast said:

I really think that Douglas and Saleh's jobs are safer than we think (but that will change REAL fast if 2024 isn't producing a title run). 

The OL needs a complete overhaul from coaching to personnel. I don't think you can realistically fix that in one offseason, but with a healthy Rodgers calling plays based off of what he sees from the defense, I think we can and should be able to run the ball and score some points, then led the D play with a lead. That should be enough to have a decent shot in 2024, with an eye on 2025 as "THE YEAR."

If we break it down, with the OL as bad as it's been this year, with a healthy Rodgers we'd be first in the division right now. Some upgrades in the offseason should make us a top 3-5 team in the AFC next year. If they make the right coaching and personnel choices starting this offseason then I think we can be a top 1-3 team in the league in 2025.

You think we'd be in first in the AFC East had AR8 remained healthy?  With our OL and WRs I have a difficult time believing that.  

In what is stacking up to be one of the most loaded draft classes in recent memories there seem to be multiple high level stars potentially choosing to stay in school as an effect of the lucrative NIL deals offered in college football. One of those stars is Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr., who is wildly regarded as the top receiver in the country and a locked-in Top-10 draft pick.

According to ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit in an appearance on the Pat McAfee Show, although it is likely Harrison will eventually declare for the 2024 NFL draft, it is not necessarily a guarantee.

“It’s not just a slam dunk anymore, with some of these guys maybe staying because of the money they can make,” Herbstreit said.

Herbstreit went on to reference that due to the amount of money college players can get, those projected to go in the later rounds are more likely to stick around due to receiving lucrative NIL deals.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2023/12/01/herbstreit-marvin-harrison-jr-not-a-slam-dunk-to-enter-the-2024-nfl-draft/

i do think he declares though, but the article makes a good point

This man is becoming more and more of a possibility.  Say what you will about OL and Joe Alt being an elite 10+ year piece, if we move up to the top-3 IMO all that sh*t goes out the window.  Bring in Bakhtiari and take MHJ or one of the QBs.  

The ONLY thing I'd consider if we move up to like pick 2 or something is if a team like the Giants came offering their 1st(6ish), early 2nd, and 1st next year to get Maye or Williams.  In that case you can still get one of Alt or Fashanu most likely, take a quality #2 WR in the 2nd(Legette, Mitchell, Thomas Jr), and you now have an extra 1st to play with in 2025 if you want to move up for a QB.

...but yeah, the way things are going right now, IMO we have no shot these next two games.  We'll be 4-10 going into that Washington game.  I'd give us little chance against the Browns as well on the road, even with their backup QB.  That's 4-11.  Washington and New England will determine just how high we pick.  We ain't catching the Panthers(Bears), but that's fine.  New England owns us, so that's another W for them and an L for us(on the road, btw), you'd assume.  Washington is just so bad, every time I watch them...it's hard to say who will win that game.  We're at home but that hasn't mattered much for us this year.  

Where does 4-13 get us?  Is that bad enough for 2nd overall?  If Arizona holds on today against Pittsburgh, they're up to 3 wins.  You'd assume they could win another with Kyler back.  Tampa will be ahead of us by the end of today.  That leaves the Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals, Giants, Titans, Commanders, Bears ahead or tied with us(Giants, Titans, Bears all tied).  If the Commanders beat us, they're out.  I'll be surprised if the Bears, Giants, and Titans don't win again(Giants are playing well).  Now it's the Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals.  You've got the 4th pick.  If the Pats beat us, they only need to win one other game.  Tall task, but possible.  Cardinals like I said are playing better football.  Basically if we lose out I'd expect us to pick no later than 3rd, which is a guarantee for one of Caleb, Maye, MHJ.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2023 at 4:59 PM, bonkertons said:

This man is becoming more and more of a possibility.  Say what you will about OL and Joe Alt being an elite 10+ year piece, if we move up to the top-3 IMO all that sh*t goes out the window.  Bring in Bakhtiari and take MHJ or one of the QBs.  

The ONLY thing I'd consider if we move up to like pick 2 or something is if a team like the Giants came offering their 1st(6ish), early 2nd, and 1st next year to get Maye or Williams.  In that case you can still get one of Alt or Fashanu most likely, take a quality #2 WR in the 2nd(Legette, Mitchell, Thomas Jr), and you now have an extra 1st to play with in 2025 if you want to move up for a QB.

...but yeah, the way things are going right now, IMO we have no shot these next two games.  We'll be 4-10 going into that Washington game.  I'd give us little chance against the Browns as well on the road, even with their backup QB.  That's 4-11.  Washington and New England will determine just how high we pick.  We ain't catching the Panthers(Bears), but that's fine.  New England owns us, so that's another W for them and an L for us(on the road, btw), you'd assume.  Washington is just so bad, every time I watch them...it's hard to say who will win that game.  We're at home but that hasn't mattered much for us this year.  

Where does 4-13 get us?  Is that bad enough for 2nd overall?  If Arizona holds on today against Pittsburgh, they're up to 3 wins.  You'd assume they could win another with Kyler back.  Tampa will be ahead of us by the end of today.  That leaves the Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals, Giants, Titans, Commanders, Bears ahead or tied with us(Giants, Titans, Bears all tied).  If the Commanders beat us, they're out.  I'll be surprised if the Bears, Giants, and Titans don't win again(Giants are playing well).  Now it's the Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals.  You've got the 4th pick.  If the Pats beat us, they only need to win one other game.  Tall task, but possible.  Cardinals like I said are playing better football.  Basically if we lose out I'd expect us to pick no later than 3rd, which is a guarantee for one of Caleb, Maye, MHJ.  

I think our ceiling is six wins. If we win six games we'll almost definitely be out of the top six. Getting into the top six will ensure us one of the two OTs or Nabers. Not sure what the consensus is on Nabers but I view him as an elite WR prospect and would be happy if he is the consolation prize for missing out on one of the two OTs/MHJr. We only get Marvin Harrison Jr if we're picking in the top three so I don't view this as likely. 

CHI via Carolina will almost assuredly pick 1 - worst case 2 IMO. 

NE I can see winning max two games. They have a chance against Pittsburgh tomorrow nigh and against us at the end of the year. Even then our SOS are relatively tight so I don't see us jumping them in most realistic scenarios. 

AZ has one potential win on their calendar - against the Bears. We'd pass them by SOS so if we lose out and they can win that game that is our only chance to realistically get MHJr. 

Chicago IMO could win multiple games. Likely against the Cards - but could also beat Cleveland or Atlanta. 

Washington we play - so the only way we get MHJr is losing to them - so they're moot. 

The best path to MHJr is losing out (obviously) - having AZ beat Chicago but having Chicago pick up a win vs. Atlanta or Cleveland. 

I still think we win one game as Washington and New England are probably coin flips. As per usual come Jets football in December - I will be rooting for losses. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I think our ceiling is six wins. If we win six games we'll almost definitely be out of the top six. Getting into the top six will ensure us one of the two OTs or Nabers. Not sure what the consensus is on Nabers but I view him as an elite WR prospect and would be happy if he is the consolation prize for missing out on one of the two OTs/MHJr. We only get Marvin Harrison Jr if we're picking in the top three so I don't view this as likely. 

CHI via Carolina will almost assuredly pick 1 - worst case 2 IMO. 

NE I can see winning max two games. They have a chance against Pittsburgh tomorrow nigh and against us at the end of the year. Even then our SOS are relatively tight so I don't see us jumping them in most realistic scenarios. 

AZ has one potential win on their calendar - against the Bears. We'd pass them by SOS so if we lose out and they can win that game that is our only chance to realistically get MHJr. 

Chicago IMO could win multiple games. Likely against the Cards - but could also beat Cleveland or Atlanta. 

Washington we play - so the only way we get MHJr is losing to them - so they're moot. 

The best path to MHJr is losing out (obviously) - having AZ beat Chicago but having Chicago pick up a win vs. Atlanta or Cleveland. 

I still think we win one game as Washington and New England are probably coin flips. As per usual come Jets football in December - I will be rooting for losses. 

6 wins? Where the heck do we get 2 more wins? We just lost at HOME to Atlanta! LOL

We probably lose to Washington away and lose in NE by a score of 6-3.

This team will be picking 3rd most likely.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

6 wins? Where the heck do we get 2 more wins? We just lost at HOME to Atlanta! LOL

I think the problem is, even if we lose out, we could still just miss out on the top-3.  Even if New England beats us, it's not very likely that they'll win another game.  They finish with 3 wins and in the top-2.  Arizona is our best bet, IMO.  As long as they win won more game I believe we'd jump them and move into the top-3.  Again though, this really only means anything if we lose out.  

I still think WORST case we'll have one of Alt or Fashanu on the board for us.  Not a bad consolation prize for missing out on the top-3.  If for some reason though the OTs are gone, I'd 100% look to Nabers or Bowers before settling on one of the RTs(Latham, Fuaga).  Again though, I don't see that happening.  At best we're winning one more game, and I don't think that will end up bumping us down the board when it's all said and done.  

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

It sounds crazy but I do think we're a better team with Zach Wilson - who will start the rest of the season. 

NE is openly tanking - they're actually worse on offense than we are this year. Washington's D is absolutely putrid and our D actually matches up well against their offense. We still won some games with Zach and its the NFL - we beat the Eagles and Bills this year... the Cardinals beat the Cowboys... crazy stuff happens. I think its definitely a lot more likely we win one game than lose out. 

5 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I think the problem is, even if we lose out, we could still just miss out on the top-3.  Even if New England beats us, it's not very likely that they'll win another game.  They finish with 3 wins and in the top-2.  Arizona is our best bet, IMO.  As long as they win won more game I believe we'd jump them and move into the top-3.  Again though, this really only means anything if we lose out.  

I think New England beats the Pittsburgh Trubiskys this week and beat us in the finale.

With Murray back in the saddle for Arizona I think they are more than capable of winning another game or two.

17 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think New England beats the Pittsburgh Trubiskys this week and beat us in the finale.

With Murray back in the saddle for Arizona I think they are more than capable of winning another game or two.

This would be ideal.  If we finish in the top-3 there will be a lot of excitement going into that draft.  I mean, there will be a lot of excitement anyway since no matter what we'll be getting an elite prospect, but being guaranteed one of those top-3 guys would be massive...especially considering they would all fill a major need.

I can't imagine not taking an OT, but I'd make an exception for MHJ.

That said, I don't think we're anywhere near a position to draft him. I'm hoping Daniels moves up and pushes the top OTs down to us. I wouldn't consider anything other than MHJ, an OT, or a trade down which is used to draft an OT and guard.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 11:40 AM, Ken Schroy said:

Houston and Washington and potentially NE gives us 7 wins.

• 3 weeks later...