Post April 1st POTW - April 5, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to this weeks edition of POTW, I'm GreenBeans and I'll be your scapegoat, umm, host for this week. The April 1st frenzy of posts has lent itself to a large variety of posts for consideration this week, so the POTW staff has been busy finding the post most worthy of this award. We will also award The Runner-up of the week presented by PatsFanTX post to some lucky JetNation poster. Hang on to your hats, here comes the winner.

Congrats go out to greengal for her POTW victory. greengal gave us a little glimpse into her life with the following post. It was enough to earn her the highly coveted POTW:

Originally Posted by greengal

i lost a member? i didnt know i had one....

darn think of all the money i would have saved on batteries!!

Thanks for that information, gg. ;)

Other posts considered this week included:

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Has any team ever had 4 first round picks in a draft?

Imagine what a powerhouse team that would evolve into. That would be a dynasty in the making.

Oh, to have 4 first round picks. All our problems would be solved.

-----

Originally Posted by Maxman

The Mets took the role call and enter sandman. They took Willie from the Yankees. They have copied everything except winning championships!

What's next? Delgago respects this country during the National Anthem just because that is what the Yankees do?

-----

(Topic: How bad does Maxman Suck?)

Originally Posted by greengal

how will we know the answer to this thread?? i didnt know that sheep could talk.

-----

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Folks, we have a lot of hurt emotions going on in that locker room right now. I will ask that you respect some of the feelings that are being felt, and the people that are feeling those feelings. Flustration too.

It is a hard day when your players look you in the eye searching for an answer, and you don't have an answer. Answers are sometimes hard to come by, and if you don't look, you feel like you never sought.

It's like the little boy with the balloon. One minute it's in his hand. The next, its 1,000 feet in the air, mingling with the clouds and the little boy is left crying and wondering why. Right now, we are that little boy. We had a pretty red balloon, and there are a lot of kids that wished they had that. But, when that balloon gets high enough, it will pop. Even without that little boy. Sometimes those things happen and you have no control over that. A coach can't change that.

Oh, I feel we were prepared. We spent 2 days of preparation alone, just talking about the playoffs. What the playoffs mean. First, after the game we talked that one team will be playing, and the other team will be off. Hence, the word playoff. Not everyone knows that.

Dick even came up with a word game, trying to see how many words we could come up with the letters of "playoff". We had a lot of fun with that one. So, we were ready.

When you get in the playoffs, it becomes a crap shoot. We talked about that. They pay those other guys, too. You know, the happy guys. That's the thing about playoffs. Some guys are happy and some guys are sad. But we have a lot too feel good about here.

Same thing as I did in that other place. You gotta make sure that you leave a place better than you found it. We have a good start on that. Next year that balloon we only go higher before it pops. We should all feel good about that.

-----

(Topic "Job Search Begins")

Originally Posted by Big Al NYC

I hear that the Kansas City Chiefs have pretty low hiring standards these days....

-----

Originally Posted by Bob

Gary Myers should pull his tounge out of Wellington Mara's dead ass and learn something about football.

-----

(Topic "Goodbye Letter")

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

Very nice.

Of course I would kill me son after a good laugh, but... (well, daughter... don't have a son).

BZ

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

no you wouldnt,,,

you would say 'well my son has gotten me to 3 out of 5 Pine-Wood Derbys in a row, I think I will give him another year to prove himself'

-----

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

Here's a sample real quick only 'cos I like you:

An investor purchased a $10,000 Treasury bond that has an 8% coupon and matures 11-1-06. He purchased the bond on Monday, September 10, 200X for regular-waysettlement. He sold the bonds on February 11th of the next year for cash settlement. What amount of interest income was taxable in 200X?

Originally Posted by GreenDNA

That's an easy one. Zero, because he offset the gains with some bogus losses. Taxes are for pussies.

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Hey DNA, nice to see that you have the quote feature down pat. (you'd have to see the post -

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16172&highlight=POTW+NOM)

-----

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Uhhh, we got it. What do you take us for, a bunch of stupid polacks?

-----

(Topic - "Super Invisible Thread")

Originally Posted by joewilly

had I been able to see this thread, I woulda laughed liked hell at that.

-----

Originally Posted by Maxman

Sometimes when I am touching myself I hear this sound:

thump thump thump

Then I am like, shut up hooker. There is plenty of air in that trunk. I will let you out when your hour is up. Now leave me alone.

-----

Originally Posted by bitonti

it's a crazy story

I actally was on a vacation of sorts - i was unemployed for about 3 years the welfare ran out so i said screw it and moved south of the border. Grew my beard real long, never showered, really let myself go.

So there I was in some friggin town in mexico can't remember the name but it was on the water and I was drunk and high pretty much all the time. I just broke up with my lady friend cause she told me via post card that was bonin the guy who changes the syrup on the slurpee machine at 7-11. What a whore.

Anyway one day in the middle of an average 18 hour bender I was walking around and stepped on a pop top. Totally blew the f--king thing to shreds. Who leaves their garbage on the beach like that? what are you an animal? It's not like i could just pop into Mexican K-Mart and get another pair. man me and those flip flops had been so damn tight. I mean when i puked on my feet, those flip flops were there. When i was arrested by policia for sex with a goat those flip flops were there. It was like losing my best friend. i was so pissed off i had to start snorting some heroin to chill out. I cried for hours and ended up passed out in the fetal position. It could have been my own fault. I'm not sure.

Just another day in paradise!

-----

(Topic - "I Swallowed Gum") - The Runner-up of the week presented by PatsFanTX post

You mispelled a word in the thread title.

That should be a "c" and not a "g".

-----

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

SJ -

Why you being such a pain in the ass these days.

GB

"These Days"

What, like the last 400?

BZ

-----

Originally Posted by Bob (Thank you for pointing that out, Bob :cheers:)

It's not Beans that is locking TX out. It's TX's own lack of posting talent.

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

It took you awhile to finally get over to JN. But I guess thats a homage to the speed of your namesake.

-----

(Topic - "Tornadoes RULE!")

Originally Posted by joewilly

I suggest putting your toupee in the top left drawer before going outside

-----

Originally Posted by Verde

Start nominating some diversity then!

-----

(Topic - "A.J. Hawk runs a 4.23!!!!!")

Originally Posted by Shadetree

....of course he didn't.

Draft him anyway, B*tch!!!! He's a beast!!!!

Originally Posted by Fo_Block

good call - if he is still available at 29 i think he would be a great pick-up.

-----

Originally Posted by Savage69

Hey Good going Maxie you got a Sperm Donation on line! Not the way your used to getting them I bet! Maybe GG would like one?? Give Spermy a 1/2 to rest and try again!!

-----

Originally Posted by dickkotite

this is why i love patsfantx, one of the few truley honest guys on jets boards.

DK,

Truly honest for saying Max is dumb or truly honest for saying controversy is good?

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

1. We don't give a $hit

2. He's not a cult hero, he's a cult leader

carry on

Originally Posted by T-Mac

1)Then why are you talking about him?

2)You were a follower, then you got banned.

very well

-----

Login's over there cost $55.00

Originally Posted by T-Mac

What's the troll rate?

-----

(Topic - "Herm plays in Charity basketball game")

305930.jpg

Originally Posted by Sharrow

Who did he throw under the bus this time Birdie, Grimace, or Hamburgler?

-----

(Topic - " Cutler Headed For A Fall?")

Originally Posted by bitonti

im going to stay out of the QB fray for once but one point must be made clear

the SEC is by far the toughest conference in America, almost every year. The Big 10 and ACC are also powerhouses but the SEC puts a ton of players into the pros and all of the teams (besides Vandy) have studs across the rosters.

the PAC10 is kinda jokish and the Big 12 is a flat out joke. The best team Texas beat before USC was Colorado twice.

-----

Originally Posted by raffyD

Another classic was the interview of the guy with the mustache after we selected Kenny Oh Sh!t Brien and he says "You know, we thought Marino might fall to us and he did but the guys in charge must know something beyond what the fans know so I support the pick. . . . "

UNBELIEVABLE!

Originally Posted by Thor99

That was BZ's father.

-----

Been there, done that.

It works best if you slip them a couple mickeys before boarding the plane.

Sorry, I should have been more clear...

Not how many kids your have adbucted, but how kids you have of your own.

BZ

-----

Until next time, EAT YOUR GREENBEANS!

GB

And Yet again I get no mention for my POTW NOM :Cuss:

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen vbmenu_register("postmenu_221562", true);

Practice Squad

vCash: 500

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Would I grab Bush?-Possibly, so long as it doesn't get me arrested.

Would I trade up and invest in Bush?-It better be some good Bush

Is Bush capable of satisfying long term needs?-Usually not. Bush is great at first, but over the long term you start to hear the mouth that came with it.

Would Bush be willing to shave personal needs?-It better if it expects to fit my needs.

Classic boozer POTW NOM:cheers:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16334

Greenbeans I'm beginning to think it is you who hates Polish people, not dickkotite. :Cuss:

Booze -

Dude, my bad! I apologize for missing that post. I even rememmber seeing it and thinking it was a good one. I feel really bad for not including it in the list.

GB

I love Poland. My wife is 1/4 Polish AND we had Kielbasa for dinner last night. Poland is practically HOME for me. Seriously.

Ahhh I get it, you'll eat our food and steal our women, but our POTW NOM's are just not good enough for you!!

I love Poland. My wife is 1/4 Polish AND we had Kielbasa for dinner last night. Poland is practically HOME for me. Seriously.

Greenbeans just admitted to munching on the kielbasa. Nice. Takes a strong man to admit that in public.

kudo's gg that was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

many good ones as always but I think beans got it right again...... even though he eats polish woman & steals their food.

Wait a second, who the hell are you?? joewilly, joewillie, williejoe, jillywoe?? I'm losing track. Are you the funny joewilly we all know and love or are you the one from Grand Cayman? What's next: Naxman, Snizzy, Buns of Bavaria, fada??? WTF?

And, the hockey forum is ignored, yet again...

And, is this funniest post of the week, or best post of the week?

Eitehr way, congrats GG! :yahoo:

This week it was both, chief. ;)

All it takes is "POTW NOM" to nominate any post from any forum.

Now, did I mention that I'm a battery powered Bean.....

thanks everybody :D it was only a matter of time before you all realized what a funny gal i am ;) i should have known that a post about the best uses of batteries would get notice ..... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

thanks everybody :D it was only a matter of time before you all realized what a funny gal i am ;) i should have known that a post about the best uses of batteries would get notice ..... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

So Good Vibrations were a Hit for both the Beachboys and you??:cheers:

Wait a second, who the hell are you?? joewilly, joewillie, williejoe, jillywoe?? I'm losing track. Are you the funny joewilly we all know and love or are you the one from Grand Cayman? What's next: Naxman, Snizzy, Buns of Bavaria, fada??? WTF?

POTW NOM ......thats hilarious

you know dang well i'm the one south of your stinkin border green BNA.

I can only hope with the new willie on board that people get confused & think I know my football

Archived