Rodgers: Jets fans are too negative

dbatesman

12 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Maybe if Namath wasn't so busy setting up a bar for Reputed Organized Crime Figures (the Batchelor Four Lounge) he would have gotten the Jets more than one appearance in the Super Bowl.

Maybe if Arod wasn't so busy researching flat earth and 9/11 conspiracies he would have made more than 1 SB appearance.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

What we’re experiencing is continued buildup from the playoff drought. Had the Jets snuck into the playoffs last year at 9-8 then gone down the same path with Rodgers and his injury, everybody would be much more accepting of the season being over after losing your elite QB1.

That didn’t happen though and here we are. In reality, there’s really not much to be that upset about. When you lose the face of your team at the most important position, you lose games… especially initially.

It happens… but that won’t stop everybody from going nuts. There was one player the Jets could absolutely not afford to lose and they lost him immediately. Such is football and this season is mostly about just trying to get through it at this point and hopefully the Jets can manufacture a halfway decent season.

Nobody is getting fired and the Jets will absolutely run it back next year with a healthy Rodgers. Everybody can try to demand it though.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Is it the Fans fault?

It's nobody's fault.  Injuries suck, especially when they happen to your starting QB.  It sucked when Vinny went down in 1999.  It sucked for the Patriots the year Tom Brady went down.  It sucked for Miami last year.  It will suck for KC when it eventually happens to Mahomes.  

The season is probably lost.  The easiest solution for the fans:  Find something else to do on Sundays until next season.  Really does wonders for mental health.  And I say that not in a facetious manor:  This is what I have done for the past two seasons.  There is NO point in watching Zach Wilson start at QB.  None.  

The kid has unbelievable arm talent and play-making ability when he scrambles.  But the game just moves too fast for him, and he can't process at the rate at which he needs to.  Swing and a miss.  Who knows!  Maybe we will be in on the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.  That also being said, I am not sure I want to go through another USC QB.  Drake Maye perhaps, or Shedeur Sanders.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Constant bitching and moaning about something you have no control over is cathartic and healthy?  We have a different opinion on what healthy is. 

I have control over my constant bitching about the Jets.  That's why I do it here instead of to my wife and the people I love.  It's much more healthy than hiding behind denial and walking into a Walmart one day and killing 20 people. 

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, sure don't.

Last I checked, the Giants play in NY, with lots of negativity in their history.  Didn't stop them from winning a SB every decade.  

This clown show is due to poor ownership.  Period.  If you have a good owner who hires good people, you'll succeed in difficult cities with difficult fanbases.

Cool.  But that isn't going to help your blood pressure any over the next 12 months.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Biggs said:

I have control over my constant bitching about the Jets.  That's why I do it here instead of to my wife and the people I love.  It's much more healthy than hiding behind denial and walking into a Walmart one day and killing 20 people. 

Fair enough.  Personally, I have found not watching the games for two years works.  I watched a few the first season Zach was QB, and I watched about three last year.  I started this year with the first game, and I watched the Patriots game (I was in the backwoods during the Cowboys game - no loss there).

This team is going to implode again because of Zach.  Unless by some miracle we can be 2-4 after the by-week and Kirk Cousins comes to us for less than a 1st round pick, then I might watch.

Otherwise, I keep my blood pressure down and my sanity clearer by not investing my energy in something I can't control which is a bad product.....again.  Not everyone's way, but it keeps me from killing 20 people in a Walmart!  :) 

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Fair enough.  Personally, I have found not watching the games for two years works.  I watched a few the first season Zach was QB, and I watched about three last year.  I started this year with the first game, and I watched the Patriots game (I was in the backwoods during the Cowboys game - no loss there).

This team is going to implode again because of Zach.  Unless by some miracle we can be 2-4 after the by-week and Kirk Cousins comes to us for less than a 1st round pick, then I might watch.

Otherwise, I keep my blood pressure down and my sanity clearer by not investing my energy in something I can't control which is a bad product.....again.  Not everyone's way, but it keeps me from killing 20 people in a Walmart!  :) 

I love football.  Always watch the games and root hard for the Jets until the end.  I really hate that Zach is being scapegoated for the outright failure of the Owner, GM and HC.  It's almost as if they are running him out to blame him for the failure to earn another year with Rodgers.  I think it's a horrible look for the organization.   This is cathartic for me.  

Keep doing whatever it takes and enjoy the other 21 hours during game day.  

7 hours ago, Biggs said:

I love football.  Always watch the games and root hard for the Jets until the end.  I really hate that Zach is being scapegoated for the outright failure of the Owner, GM and HC.  It's almost as if they are running him out to blame him for the failure to earn another year with Rodgers.  I think it's a horrible look for the organization.   This is cathartic for me.  

Keep doing whatever it takes and enjoy the other 21 hours during game day.  

I think Zach is doing enough to prove he doesn't belong in the league.  The problem started with having the 2nd pick overall that year, and not the first.  To me, there was one QB worth taking that year, and I am still not completely sold on Trevor Lawrence.  Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Trey Lance, Kellen Mond, Davis Mills, Kyle Trask .....NONE of them were going to be good enough.

It was flat out one of the worst years for QB's in recent memory. 

If we have the #2 pick in 2020, we have Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert.  But of course, we get the number #2 pick in one of the worst years for QB's.  I wonder if there was a really good trade offer.  I mean, we need a QB and trade out of #2 without a QB?  IT would have taken balls of steel.  But it might have been the better move.

This league and the need for a QB is such a great example of the NFL league needing a minor league system to develop players.