The Least Discussed Improvement From ZW Last Night

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It looked (to me, at least) like he was changing protections at the line.  That tells me he's maturing in understanding what he's seeing and what needs to get done.

His balls may have finally dropped.

As Jets fans we can only hope.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It looked (to me, at least) like he was changing protections at the line.  That tells me he's maturing in understanding what he's seeing and what needs to get done.

Yes his checks and calling protections were much better........I remember in the cowboys game he made an awful check into a run where he didn't have numbers blocking wise and the run was blown up......he showed some improvements in what's needed to be a QB in this league

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

During the game I thought what the hell happened after the first qtr that the line appeared suddenly able to pass block. Not sure that it was because of zach but the way he talked about calling the protections after the game certainly makes it seem so.

Say what you want about the kid, but to have a performance like that in prime time against the defending champs and possibly the greatest QB of all time IN HIS PRIME, in front of your "home crowd" aka fans that have been burying you for a year+ now and were calling for your head this past week(me being one of them), after all the noise in the media, including the biggest legend for the team you play for - calling your play "disgusting" and saying "he's seen enough" of you.....to go out and have a game like that....how can you not respect it?

If I was Zach, the easiest thing in the world would be to have checked out.  Accept that it's never going to happen here.  Focus on not getting killed and convince yourself that a change of scenery will fix everything.  Go through the motions until the offseason and see if you can pull a "Baker Mayfield".   Get a chance somewhere else and try to salvage your career with a fresh start.  Instead the kid balled out and nearly beat the defending champs.  As a harsh Zach critic, I gotta give him his due.  He looked like a legit NFL QB last night.  I pray that this is a sign of things to come and something he will build upon.  If it is, we might have something here.

....******* hope.....it's a painful thing....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He wasn't.  He was picking between the two plays called, was covered at length by the announcers during the game.

• Haha 1