Fox Sports Mock Draft

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

Mario's athleticism is hard to ignore, but everyone and their Momma knows Hawk is a machine.

But, enough of that, I want to mention something I saw regarding DeAngelo Williams.....

I was watching some rookie contest (I think it was during the Pro Bowl) where the rookies had to run a football obstacle course. The whole thing had a cheesy "Battle of the Network Stars" feel to it, but at the end of his run through the course, Williams looked like he might have a stroke. the rest of the contestents were hardly winded....he looked like his stamina was seveerly lacking.

He might have changed that perception at the combine or pro day, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Deangelo will dissapoint and wont last long in the NFL, mark my words.

He might be a good backup running back and a spot starter, but a star he'll never be.

Take out DeAngelo and put Reggie Bush and that statement is correct.

Just a quick question.

Is Mario Williams as big of a freak athlete as he's being portrayed?

athletically yes -

however i've watched alot of NC State tape and I have to question his ability to "take over" games.

The guy gets alot of sacks but he goes against RTs and alot of the time it's a coverage sack. Also he plays with mccargo and lawson there's alot of studs on the NC State line.

In short i believe in his athletic ability i don't know if i believe he can ever live up to that ability.

athletically yes -

however i've watched alot of NC State tape and I have to question his ability to "take over" games.

The guy gets alot of sacks but he goes against RTs and alot of the time it's a coverage sack. Also he plays with mccargo and lawson there's alot of studs on the NC State line.

In short i believe in his athletic ability i don't know if i believe he can ever live up to that ability.

He matched up against D'Brickashaw Ferguson head to head and beat him for sacks on at least three different occasions. I think Mario is good but if it came down to Mario or Ferguson I would have to take neither.

Haloti Ngata, that guy, even more than Mario, will help our defense. He's huge, strong, fast, and at a major position of need for us.

Mario's athleticism is hard to ignore, but everyone and their Momma knows Hawk is a machine.

But, enough of that, I want to mention something I saw regarding DeAngelo Williams.....

I was watching some rookie contest (I think it was during the Pro Bowl) where the rookies had to run a football obstacle course. The whole thing had a cheesy "Battle of the Network Stars" feel to it, but at the end of his run through the course, Williams looked like he might have a stroke. the rest of the contestents were hardly winded....he looked like his stamina was seveerly lacking.

He might have changed that perception at the combine or pro day, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Did you watch the entire contest? Because I did and that obstacle course was extremely tough on everyone... I'm sort of surprised to here you say the other contestents were hardly winded since the only guy who looked like he wasn't winded was Chad Jackson who also won the contest I believe.

Archived