Todd Bowles Loses Again in Buffalo

Hindsight 20/20, but can't believe there was actually hope in Week 17 of that 2015 season that we were playoff bound.

Bowles is a quality person and a quality DC, but has got to be one of the worst head coaches in the NFL.

I would say I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but we've seen it before with Bowles.

He hasn't learned anything from his Jets' tenure as far as coaching the entire team.

He's still a defensive HC who stays completely hands-off when it comes to the offense and has an overabundance of faith that his defense can save the day.

They are down 14 pts with 10 mins and change left in the game, and he just stands there like a passenger watching his OC and QB continue to huddle up for the full 40 seconds on every play.

You've got to put your foot down there and tell your OC to go no-huddle, pick up the freaking pace.

It takes them 6+ mins to go 35 yards on 2 miraculous 4th down bailouts (facemask on Baker on sack; illegal contact on slot WR) by the refs for automatic 1st downs.

By the time they actually score, there are only 2 mins left.

I do give him credit for the 2-pt conversion decision though, which cut the deficit to 6. 

That is 100% the right move, and not enough coaches do it. 

When you go for 2 there, you give yourself a chance to not only tie the game but win it on your next TD (without risking a loss).  If you fail on the 2pc, you're still only down 8 and can tie it with a 2p try after the next TD.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hindsight 20/20, but can't believe there was actually hope in Week 17 of that 2015 season that we were playoff bound.

Bowles is a quality person and a quality DC, but has got to be one of the worst head coaches in the NFL.

I would say I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but we've seen it before with Bowles.

He hasn't learned anything from his Jets' tenure as far as coaching the entire team.

He's still a defensive HC who stays completely hands-off when it comes to the offense and has an overabundance of faith that his defense can save the day.

They are down 14 pts with 10 mins and change left in the game, and he just stands there like a passenger watching his OC and QB continue to huddle up for the full 40 seconds on every play.

You've got to put your foot down there and tell your OC to go no-huddle, pick up the freaking pace.

It takes them 6+ mins to go 35 yards on 2 miraculous 4th down bailouts (facemask on Baker on sack; illegal contact on slot WR) by the refs for automatic 1st downs.

By the time they actually score, there are only 2 mins left.

I do give him credit for the 2-pt conversion decision though, which cut the deficit to 6. 

That is 100% the right move, and not enough coaches do it. 

When you go for 2 there, you give yourself a chance to not only tie the game but win it on your next TD (without risking a loss).  If you fail on the 2pc, you're still only down 8 and can tie it with a 2p try after the next TD.

As I understand it they lost on a blatant non call in the end zone.  So many games come down to a single play.  That makes it even more important for the refs to get the calls right.

Absolutely awful.  Has learned nothing from his tenure here.  Twenty seconds left in first half, fourth and three from the opponent’s 40 yard line.   Field goal attempt?  Nope can’t risk giving the opponent good field position with 12 seconds left.  Go for it?  Nope, 4th and three too risky even though if you get it it’s almost surely points and if you don’t the opponent has 12 seconds left from their own 40.   What does birdbrain Bowles do?  He lines up to try and draw them offsides and then punts.  Almost gave me PTSD.  

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

He’s conservative and he’s stubborn and he’s stupid. Great combo for a head coach. Low energy too 

NFC title game; THE RAMS ARE THROWING THE BALL TO COPPER KUPP. HAVE A CORNER  ON THE LINE AND A SAFETY DEEP ON HIM. Single coverage/soft zone, Kupp goes off, Rams win. 

9 hours ago, rangerous said:

As I understand it they lost on a blatant non call in the end zone.  So many games come down to a single play.  That makes it even more important for the refs to get the calls right.

As I understand it we're going to have the worst set of refs in the NFL this Sunday :(