Metlife Turf

HawkeyeJet

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lmao

Luckily with the push to use less aluminum in society, your personal expense for making new hats should plummet.

If you owned the Jets would you leave the country for four years and put it in the care of your younger brother? 
that's not behavior from someone who gives a damn 

18 minutes ago, ECURB said:

The players would just strike. This argument of owners being too cheap has no legs. 

People talk about the mandated labor spend on players as proof that the owners are extravagant. 

Here's all the "soft" spending that isn't counted against the cap: 

Front Office Managers, Positional Coaches, Scouts, Various Nerds (number crunchers), Facilities, Training Staff, Strength and Conditioning staff, Field and Stadium Maintenance/Upgrades

The Jets don't spend alot of money on Robert Saleh. They don't spend money on positional coaches (the last expensive one they had was Westoff). They don't spend alot of money on MetLife

yes they spend the amount of money mandated to get them above the floor. Big deal. If you had to spend 100 to make 200 you'd do it too  

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there are 31 losers and 1 winner every year 

winning in the NFL is an ego crushing pursuit, and most (Woody) don't care all that much as long as the checks clear 

the labor spend 200 mil is mandated. They literally have no choice but to do it. 

My follow up why didn't they build a roof to keep the precious players dry? Because they are cheap. 

That's why they built the stadium on abandoned swampland in the first place 

they didn't build a roof because it helped sell club seats 

On 12/11/2023 at 5:24 AM, BP said:

Woody is an idiot, and the Giants are intelligent. There’s no way a grass field lasts for almost 20 football games from August to January. Most teams that have grass only play 8 or 9 games on it, and even those have to constantly be repaired and facelifted or spray paint the mud. A grass field will never work at MetLife 

For what it’s worth, Steelers use grass and shares stadium with university of Pittsburgh 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you owned the Jets would you leave the country for four years and put it in the care of your younger brother? 
that's not behavior from someone who gives a damn 

Well probably not, as I'm not politically connected to anyone. My mom was on the PTA for one school year when I was in the 4th grade, but that's about it. 

Have a Merry Christmas anyway. I hope you like your present:

image.png

Ho, ho ho!

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well probably not, as I'm not politically connected to anyone. My mom was on the PTA for one school year when I was in the 4th grade, but that's about it. 

I wouldn't take a free trip to England for one week if it meant missing the NFL games as a fan

I can't imagine taking 4 years away as an owner. That's the sign of someone who really, can't be bothered

you're wearing aluminum foil thinking these guys care 

• Haha 1

I wonder wear the Players Association rates the manufacturer of the most recent turf field. With so many synthetic turf fields in the league which if any get an acceptable rating. If the manufacturer of the turf used by the Jets and Giants has a satisfactory rating at other stadiums what is different at MetLife? If the answer is how it’s maintained that’s an issue of incompetence by both the Jets and Giants and possibly opens them up too legal prosecution bye individual players and their association.

put it another way @Sperm Edwards how much money does Jerry Jones spend on the cheerleaders? The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are the pinnacle, the highest level of cheer.

Now imagine how much he spends on the scouting department? He probably spends more on wall art then the Jets do on scouting and analytics.

What do you think the Niners or the Ravens spend on scouts compared to the Jets? On assistant coaches? Now make this comparison for everything down the line. 

I don't even want the Jets to have cheerleaders, but it's a useful example - if you're going to do something do it all the way. If you're going to have a "jumbotron" make it the biggest in the world. 

the Jets as a franchise have this tendency to half ass everything. Make a cheer squad, run it into the ground. Sign a done Aaron Rodgers, have the league's worst QB room. Build a stadium in a swamp, split costs with the Giants and have the league's worst playing surface.

Sick Fox GIF by New Girl

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

put it another way @Sperm Edwards how much money does Jerry Jones spend on the cheerleaders? The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are the pinnacle, the highest level of cheer.

Now imagine how much he spends on the scouting department? He probably spends more on wall art then the Jets do on scouting and analytics.

What do you think the Niners or the Ravens spend on scouts compared to the Jets? On assistant coaches? Now make this comparison for everything down the line. 

I don't even want the Jets to have cheerleaders, but it's a useful example - if you're going to do something do it all the way. If you're going to have a "jumbotron" make it the biggest in the world. 

the Jets as a franchise have this tendency to half ass everything. Make a cheer squad, run it into the ground. Sign a done Aaron Rodgers, have the league's worst QB room. Build a stadium in a swamp, split costs with the Giants and have the league's worst playing surface.

Sick Fox GIF by New Girl

What kind of ridiculous take is this?  I can guarantee you that Jerry Jones makes a profit on the cheerleaders.  The idea that is "an expense" is ludicrous. 

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:56 AM, T0mShane said:

I think it’s the speed training all these guys do now, trying to get more explosive. You can’t put sprinter legs onto a 240 lb frame or let a small guy with sprinter legs get run over by those 240 lb guys. It’s not sustainable. I was watching a game a few weeks ago where an offensive linemen went down and the dude was wearing low-low top sneakers that looked like skate shoes. 

That's another thing.  I am a trainer who works with high school athletes so all of my IG feed is what kids/athletes are doing and it's all about speed, but not in the correct way.  They never work on "the brakes" and have a ton of imbalances.  All these big and explosive Squats (with crappy range of motion that makes them tighter) but they neglect Hamstring and Calf/Tibialis work to balance out the smaller muscles. 

They also do ZERO eccentric training which there is a ton of data shows it strengthens the tendons and ligaments.  

• Upvote 1