College bowl games 2023....

Beerfish

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Florida State can officially stop whining about how unfair it was they didn't get into the final 4. Don't care about players opting out or transfer portals, they didn't get off the bus.

Georgia  putting everyone on notice they had a legit beef. 

Nope. Ga was favored by 30 because FSU lost over 20 players including their two best QBs.

I bet the old fashioned way (with a “guy”) because online gambling isn’t legal in SC. My guy took Ga/FSU off the board weeks ago…

Georgia proved nothing today, except they were the #5 team in the final 4 team playoff year.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Nope. Ga was favored by 30 because FSU lost over 20 players including their two best QBs. I bet the old fashioned way (with a “guy”) because online gambling isn’t legal in SC.

My guy took Ga/FSU off the board weeks ago… Georgia proved nothing today, except they were the #5 team in the final 4 team playoff year.

I didn't even watch the game. Took the kids and wife out to dinner and to enjoy the cool weather down here. 

This game meant absolutely nothing to me and I had zero care in the world on the outcome. It was a pointless game that proves absolutely nothing on either side. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nope. Ga was favored by 30 because FSU lost over 20 players including their two best QBs. I bet the old fashioned way (with a “guy”) because online gambling isn’t legal in SC.

My guy took Ga/FSU off the board weeks ago… Georgia proved nothing today, except they were the #5 team in the final 4 team playoff year.

Caesars; Opened at 17.5 before all the opt outs and portals,  got in at 21.5 this afternoon. Think Georgia was making a statement that as the SEC runnerup they probably are better than Washington and deserved a bid.  Smart winning by 60 was a statement. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Opened at 17.5 before all the opt outs and portals,  got in at 21.5 this afternoon. Think Georgia was making a statement that as the SEC runnerup they probably are better than Washington and deserved a bid.  Smart winning by 60 was a statement. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kirby and the Dawgs, and if they were in the final four they had as good a shot as anyone… unless they played Bama (who is to Ga as NE is to the Jets).

Any of the 4 other playoff teams would’ve beat FSU by 60 today also. Georgia failed to make their statement last month, they didn’t make one today.

53 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They lost the one they couldn’t lose though. Bama has had their number almost every time.

Beating the corpse of FSU (who only showed up for the payday) proved nothing. Toledo would’ve beaten the Seminoles today also.

Bama lost to Texas.

Texas lost to Louisville

Who is better Bama, texas or louisville?

They lost at the wrong time.

51 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What point did he prove?

Come on Beer… you watch too much college ball to not know the deal with this game.

They didn't beat Florida, they destroyed them by 60 points and looked just like Georgia looks.   They destroyed them with their starters, 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers. They were in the same boat as florida or any of the other teams in non playoff bowl games. 'nothing to play for.'

50 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Riddick has forgotten more about football than anyone on this board knows, but yeah… the internet is fun.

His comment on that play was flat out stupid.  The play by play guy had to bail him out by laughing and saying oh yeah that is how they drew it up!

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bama lost to Texas.

Texas lost to Louisville

Who is better Bama, texas or louisville?

They lost at the wrong time.

Yes they did. I’ve said that 2x here.

The 4 teams that deserve to be in the playoff are in the playoff though, even Georgia knows that. Their playoffs began a month ago in the SEC championship game…  and they lost.

Bama beat them like they’ve done forever (with one exception).

27 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

I didn't even watch the game. Took the kids and wife out to dinner and to enjoy the cool weather down here. 

This game meant absolutely nothing to me and I had zero care in the world on the outcome. It was a pointless game that proves absolutely nothing on either side. 

It proved that Georgia was trying to win the game and Florida wasn't.

Georgia smacked them with starters, 2nd stringers, 3rd stingers.

But lets smile and penalize Georgia for killing Florida, as they should have.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They didn't beat Florida, they destroyed them by 60 points and looked just like Georgia looks.   They destroyed them with their starters, 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers. They were in the same boat as florida or any of the other teams in non playoff bowl games. 'nothing to play for.'

You can twist it any way you want, but tomorrow morning nobody will remember Georgia beating FSU today. Everyone will remember Bama putting a beating on them though. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

100% and no one is denying that. Georgia wanted to win the game, FSU did not. Again, proves nothing other than FSU players saying "**** you" to the committee. The bowl game was sh*t, exactly as it should have been. Meant nothing and proved nothing. Georgia wanting to win the game, means nothing at the end of the day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And for the record, your post provides much context to your following of college football. You do realize Florida wasn't playing this game, right?... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

100% and no one is denying that. Georgia wanted to win the game, FSU did not. Again, proves nothing other than FSU players saying "**** you" to the committee. The bowl game was sh*t, exactly as it should have been. Meant nothing and proved nothing. Georgia wanting to win the game, means nothing at the end of the day. 

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree.  I am happy with a W, but who really cares.  Would have been fun to see the two teams that combined to lose once in the regular season going at it.  But we did not beat the FSU team that was undefeated today.  We beat a JV team.  It proves nothing.  

Props to you! In my opinion, both teams got screwed in this playoff. Happy to see a level head on the other side. Cheers! 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Falco21 said:

You do realize Florida State had 20+ players out, including their QB, starting running backs, starting wide receivers, and starting tight end. They also had 1 starter on defense. 

This game was always going to be sh*t. I said it weeks ago. Nothing to take from it when one team had their entire starting roster opt out for numerous reasons. In comparison, Georgia had 2 starters not playing, one of which was because of an injury.

The team being cowards did them no favors sure but 63-3?  Hahaha  No depth.  All portals.   The fun is over for FSU.  Need to recruit to sustain but who wants to play where it doesn’t matter? 

4 hours ago, Falco21 said:

FSU did not. Again, proves nothing other than FSU players saying "**** you" to the committee. 

Ummmmm FSU had a chance to prove they belonged by beating Georgia and instead showed the world the committee was right in the most embarrassing fashion ever.  Why did Georgia take the same approach?  Lol. Team proved to be cowards and Kirby Smart stomped them out with a team that should have been in it too. 

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Ummmmm FSU had a chance to prove they belonged by beating Georgia and instead showed the world the committee was right in the most embarrassing fashion ever.  Why did Georgia take the same approach?  Lol. Team proved to be cowards and Kirby Smart stomped them out with a team that should have been in it too. 

How do you think Trevor Etienne will look next year? 

5 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

LOL you can't fix stupid

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Falco21 said:

LOL you can't fix stupid

Buddy.  You’re calling me stupid?  Let’s share with the board your rejection letter to the University of Florida. Lol   Just remember, I think the committee got it wrong but facts are facts, now pay attention:

Your team and University are a bunch of cowards and transfers who don’t care about FSU Football.  You had a chance prove the world wrong, beat the best team in the country and make money for your University.  Instead, like the cowards they are, knowing they were not in the same class, sat out and saved themselves from inevitable embarrassment.  Instead of playing for their team, fans, coach etc, these cowards sat out scared to hurt their NFL stock (which everyone could have improved if they weren’t cowards).  Sucks Travis got hurt but such is life and your program gave up when it mattered most.  

This is FSU’s calling card.  You were scared to enter the SEC, multiple times.  Stayed in the ACC for an easier schedule year in year out.  That cowardly decision bit your University in the ass and just cost you a playoff birth.  And then you cowards created law suits as if you didn’t understand the rules.  And then you cowards cried like bitches and tucked your tail while a real Program stood up and took the sh*tty decision that was made and did what FSU should have done, fought to prove the committee wrong.  

Don’t get mad at me for telling the truth.  Get mad at your half rate University for being perpetual cowards and get mad at your coach for not being half the leader of Kirby Smart. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Buddy.  You’re calling me stupid?  Let’s share with the board your rejection letter to the University of Florida. Lol   Just remember, I think the committee got it wrong but facts are facts, now pay attention:

Your team and University are a bunch of cowards and transfers who don’t care about FSU Football.  You had a chance prove the world wrong, beat the best team in the country and make money for your University.  Instead, like the cowards they are, knowing they were not in the same class, sat out and saved themselves from inevitable embarrassment.  Instead of playing for their team, fans, coach etc, these cowards sat out scared to hurt their NFL stock (which everyone could have improved if they weren’t cowards).  Sucks Travis got hurt but such is life and your program gave up when it mattered most.  

This is FSU’s calling card.  You were scared to enter the SEC, multiple times.  Stayed in the ACC for an easier schedule year in year out.  That cowardly decision bit your University in the ass and just cost you a playoff birth.  And then you cowards created law suits as if you didn’t understand the rules.  And then you cowards cried like bitches and tucked your tail while a real Program stood up and took the sh*tty decision that was made and did what FSU should have done, fought to prove the committee wrong.  

Don’t get mad at me for telling the truth.  Get mad at your half rate University for being perpetual cowards and get mad at your coach for not being half the leader of Kirby Smart. 

shocked ron burgundy GIF

Unless you're a 22 year old Frat Boy or at a reunion, nobody really cares about what State College people went to. Just FYI, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

shocked ron burgundy GIF

Unless you're a 22 year old Frat Boy or at a reunion, nobody really cares about what State College people went to. Just FYI, man.

LOL 

I'm going to let that response sit on its own in all its glory. No need for a response to muddle its purity 

• More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

shocked ron burgundy GIF

Sir, he called me stupid for accurately stating the truth.   A personal attack for no reason warranted me insulting the morons that go to FSU. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Falco21 said:

LOL 

I'm going to let that response sit on its own in all its glory. No need for a response to muddle its purity 

Why you like tasting me digging out your ass and shoving it down your throat?  You going to follow the law suits closely?  You root for a bunch of ******* cowards and your coach is baby bitch. 

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Why you like tasting me digging out your ass and shoving it down your throat?  You going to follow the law suits closely?  You root for a bunch of ******* cowards and your coach is baby bitch. 

LOL you can't fix stupid