Soft Gardner tweeting out his “stats” after an embarrassing loss again

Matt39

All-about-me self-promotion is just sorta the culture these days, not really news or an issue in 2023/24 really.  That ship sailed ages ago.  It's like being mad he has a nickname, or wears big gold chains or the like.

I'd still trade both Sauce and QW to obtain assets to build our Offense.  Nothing personal, both are simply less valuable to me than making an effort to end the endless stream of near-league-worst offenses the Jets have produced the past, oh, 30 years.  I don't care if the D winds up weaker.  D doesn't win, Offense does.  We will never change, never win, till we fix the Offense.  And it needs ALOT to be fixed, the "oh, Rodgers will fix it" fantasy is (IMO) just that, fantasy.  We need 4/5th of an O-line, 2 WR's and a QB at a start.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

All-about-me self-promotion is just sorta the culture these days, not really news or an issue in 2023/24 really.  That ship sailed ages ago.  It's like being mad he has a nickname, or wears big gold chains or the like.

I'd still trade both Sauce and QW to obtain assets to build our Offense.  Nothing personal, both are simply less valuable to me than making an effort to end the endless stream of near-league-worst offenses the Jets have produced the past, oh, 30 years.  I don't care if the D winds up weaker.  D doesn't win, Offense does.  We will never change, never win, till we fix the Offense.  And it needs ALOT to be fixed, the "oh, Rodgers will fix it" fantasy is (IMO) just that, fantasy.  We need 4/5th of an O-line, 2 WR's and a QB at a start.

His nickname has given him accolades that to date are undeserved. I’d beg anyone to watch clips of Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Peanut Tillman, Samuel, Sherman and dare say sauce is making that type of impact on the field yet. People have put him in Canton already and it’s absurd.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Umm, haven't you been going after the teams best player for months??

Sign Language Schizophrenia GIF by Sign with Robert

JWN is secretly 2 users. One is a 5 ft redhead named Roxanne and one is a 6 ft 218 lb dude addicted to meth. That's the only explanation for his sudden changes in personality. 

• Haha 1

4. Picky: It's one of the great anomalies of the season: Sauce Gardner is having another very good year in coverage, but he has yet to intercept a pass despite having played 948 defensive snaps. That the Jets are a zone-based defense, which allows defenders to keep their eyes on the quarterback, makes it even more puzzling.

Part of it is because Gardner (56 targets) doesn't get picked on a lot. Of the 25 cornerbacks with a minimum of 400 coverage snaps, he is tied with the Chicago Bears' Jaylon Johnson for the fewest targets, according to "nearest defender" metrics from Next Gen Stats. On the flip side, there's the Houston Texans' Derek Stingley Jr. He has been targeted 36 times, but he has five interceptions.

Saleh said Gardner "will be the first to say that, when they throw the ball his way ... he's got to go take it." Saleh compared Gardner to one of his former players, Richard Sherman. That's quite a compliment, but it's worth noting Sherman -- in a similar system -- had 12 interceptions in his first two seasons. Gardner has two.

Before the Saturday night game, Gardner was among seven cornerbacks with 800-plus snaps on defense and no interceptions, according to ESPN Stats & Information. In the past three seasons, one corner hit the 1,000-snap mark without a single pick -- the Jets' Bryce Hall(1,126) in 2021.