Davante Adams Cost

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think there might be a better chance that we do a deadline deal for a guy like this.  If things are breaking right and Rodgers is playing well, we can mortgage a bit of future for a guy like this.  If the Raiders are not winning they will be happy to get out from the contract.  They went 5-4 under Pierce and beat everybody in their division after the bye, including the Chiefs who are in the AFC title game.  They are probably very rosy right now.  FWIW, I think trading for a part time pass rusher making $20M is low on everybody's list. 

Raiders will be a big destination for Free agents as a lot players want to play for Antonio Pierce .  Nice facilities,  and no state income tax .    The Raiders will go heavy for A  Pierce boy -Qb J Daniels going to cost a lot to move up , and think they are prepared to get their Qb.     They can’t move up - Justin Fields becomes an option.         Going to be very exciting off-season for the Raiders .

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are we sure he won't break the bank (or at least try to)?  Why leave a comfortable situation in Tampa for the Jets unless he's getting paid extra to do so.

I’m not sure, but we should at least try. Catching for AR may be an incentive. Paying for proven talent is OK.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He will definitely break the bank. He just went from Brady to Mayfield and his numbers shot up. 

It's anyone's guess if his last WR1-type year will be this still-current season or 2-3 years from now. There's a longer list than most realize of non-Jerryrice receivers still performing high through age 33-34 and even a bit beyond.

• T.O.
  • Harrison
  • Fitz
  • Wayne
  • Galloway
  • McCardell
  • Driver
  • T.Brown
  • C.Carter
  • Rod Smith
  • Steve Smith

Evans is in this group of WR, as it wouldn't be shocking for him to be top 10 all-time in both receiving yards and TDs when he finally calls it quits (though a lot of that depends on where he next ends up, too, and how long he wants to keep playing even through eventual 500-800 yard seasons).

Regardless, while the expectation is a falloff before then (like the much longer list of those who did), Evans is going to still get fully guaranteed a minimum of 2 years like a top 5 WR if he hits FA this offseason.

Do the Jets need Evans over a more complementary WR to GWilson? Probably not, but I'd rather the Jets throw an extra $8MM/year his way instead of finding their next Dalvin Cook and CJ Uzomah to receive it instead (never mind not paying Mosley another full $17MM). Higgins + Uzomah vs. Evans seems an easy decision.

We should try. It’s just money. I still like his game, in many cases you get what you pay for (not all). Also, he may be enticed by catching for AR.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders will be a big destination for Free agents as a lot players want to play for Antonio Pierce .  Nice facilities,  and no state income tax .    The Raiders will go heavy for A  Pierce boy -Qb J Daniels going to cost a lot to move up , and think they are prepared to get their Qb.     They can’t move up - Justin Fields becomes an option.         Going to be very exciting off-season for the Raiders .

See everybody?  Rosy like a mother****er.

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm surprised you think it's that high.  Evans, when healthy, is very much a top-10 talent but at age 31 (next September), with 3 minor hamstring injuries in the last 3 years, I don't see him getting Davante money ($28M/Y).  Diggs, Deebo, and DK are all around $24M/Y which feels more rational to me, but of course rational rarely has much to do with these things. 

I guess a lot depends on what TB is willing/able to do as you said, but 3 years of Mike Evans sounds really good to me.  Dude is probably the most consistent guy in the league.  The only concern is the 7 drops last season.  Hopefully not a trend.

He was rumored to want Cooper Kupp money, which is 3-years, $81 million. When you consider how the cap is going to explode again, I would expect him to continue to ask for around the same.

I don’t think it’s a smart deal. I think the Jets already have a superstar in Garrett Wilson, and I think the right move would be to draft his complement + sign a more budget friendly option. But if like you said were to remain the case for 2-3 seasons I’m absolutely game. I just worry that he’s eventually going to hit a wall and won’t be worth the money we give him, especially beyond 2025 and beyond

12 hours ago, varjet said:

I think Puka went to the same HS as Zippy. He went to BYU.  That is a tight-knit community.  

The Rams, who know how to draft and scout, found him in the fifth round.

You kind of wonder why Zippy could not convince JD to draft Puka.  

Zach was gone from BYU before Nacua even got there transferring from Washington.  They did not attend the same High School either.  But I'm cool with laying the blame for not drafting Nacua at Zach's feet. Why not?

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:47 PM, Beerfish said:

The RAiders are not in full rebuild mode, they just hired the incumbent coach, there are QBs out there and the guy they used last last year did pretty well.

They have no reason to trade Adams at all.

People keep thinking they are going to do the jets some big favor, they aren't.

I'll be the Raiders GM in this negotiation.   We have no reason to trade this player, but there is a price, two first rounders and he is yours.

The Jets have potentially lame duck coach and GM.

We are not getting Adams.

QB’s don’t grow on trees. Somebody told me that eons ago. And I agree with this statement. I’ve been looking for one in the trees since Namath left. 

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Preposterous. You must be a Raiders fan to come up with this goobly gook. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Zach was gone from BYU before Nacua even got there transferring from Washington.  They did not attend the same High School either.  But I'm cool with laying the blame for not drafting Nacua at Zach's feet. Why not?

Not drafting Addison last year was the hanging offense.  Addison was so obviously the pick for us and we draft a friggin DE for 2,000th time

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Fields is an option sure. A bad one